X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on torque and 09 Z??

Just want to throw a question out to there on the 09 Z28's.
    I've struggled w/ torque issues on my GT. Tried torqueless grips and still have a minor issue.
    Is the 09 Z28 any different in the grip area? I heard that it's made
    a little fatter at the riser.
    Info and thoughts please???
    2014 E32
    2011 PULSE AP
    TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
    Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Im shooting off the risor with no grips

Seems to be working for me. I do think the grips are designed pretty good. I just have fat paws and I believe thinner works for me.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

Not sure but If you have a torquless grip lying around...

I'LL BUY IT!greenwithenvy

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
        Seems to be working for me. I do think the grips are designed pretty good. I just have fat paws and I believe thinner works for me.
        DB
        DB you are shooting off of the grip, it is machined into the bow, you dont have sideplates

Not sure on differences in the gt vs. z, I do know that the GT torque issue, "might" be a very small spacer adjust.

Comment

Shooting right off the risor

Originally posted by L-train View Post
          DB you are shooting off of the grip, it is machined into the bow, you dont have sideplates

GT500, Not sure on differences in the gt vs. z, I do know that the GT torque issue, "might" be a very small spacer adjust.

Getting ready for Metropolis tournament. Seemed to be a getting a right left issue. Took the grip off and wrap with rubber tape I use in electrical work from 3M Products. My groups are doing better. Have a couple of tournaments this weekend and will give it a try.
          OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

All winter I shot my GT500 great. I scored very well at the indoor worlds. The great feeling grip was one of the many things that sold me on the bow. It then began to get warm outside and my grip would get sweaty. I'd start a 3d course 5 up after 8 targets. It would start to warm up coupled with some sweat from hiking. All of a sudden I would throw a gut shot 5......When I blow a shot, I usually know it and this left me clueless. All of a sudden I have 3 fives and then you start to question everything. Is my 3rd plane off? did my anchor change in the heat? Am I still in tune/timing? What the heck is it.

I did this for 2 shoots and finally put the bow down in frustration and picked up my Hoyt with stock grip(not sideplates). I went out and shot up on 2 different courses. Even when sweaty, the larger grip kept my hand placement where it needed to be and my only errors were yardage ups and downs into the 8 ring.

I know it's not the bow and that it's the indian, but I guess the Elite grip just isn't for me.
            2009 Hoyt Alpha Max 35.....yes I'm a traitor and got rid of the GT500.
            2006 Hoyt Vulcan(my killing machine)

Comment

I actually hold on to the riser, not with a death grip, but light pressure from my index finger and thumb. This has eliminated pushing some arrows to the right. I also almost always shoot with a thin glove on.

Comment

I just tried some grip changes to see how I was introducing the torque into the bow. The lower my grip , the lees torque.
                I had been holding the bow high and my thumb is resting on the bottom of the shelf. That's where I believe the porblem lies. However , the bow slides down a little when starting the grip lower. Isn't the bow supposed to slide in your hand to position itself? Or should I get a grip wrap?
                Do you guys touch the bottom of the shelf w/ your thumb and index finger ??
                I'm like flintcreek, I don't have an issue with a Hoyt one piece grip.
                2014 E32
                2011 PULSE AP

Comment

Many tournament shooters

Originally posted by flintcreek6412 View Post
                  All winter I shot my GT500 great. I scored very well at the indoor worlds. The great feeling grip was one of the many things that sold me on the bow. It then began to get warm outside and my grip would get sweaty. I'd start a 3d course 5 up after 8 targets. It would start to warm up coupled with some sweat from hiking. All of a sudden I would throw a gut shot 5......When I blow a shot, I usually know it and this left me clueless. All of a sudden I have 3 fives and then you start to question everything. Is my 3rd plane off? did my anchor change in the heat? Am I still in tune/timing? What the heck is it.

I did this for 2 shoots and finally put the bow down in frustration and picked up my Hoyt with stock grip(not sideplates). I went out and shot up on 2 different courses. Even when sweaty, the larger grip kept my hand placement where it needed to be and my only errors were yardage ups and downs into the 8 ring.

I know it's not the bow and that it's the indian, but I guess the Elite grip just isn't for me.
                  Customize the grips. Many shoot right off the risor. Often it about what feels good to you. Thats why there so many grip makers. But I do know most like thin handles. One has to find what works for him. Hunting and shooting deer the grip works fine for me. We are all looking for that perfect arrow flight ever shot.
                  DB

Comment

Lots of pros

Originally posted by archer58inPA View Post
                    I just tried some grip changes to see how I was introducing the torque into the bow. The lower my grip , the lees torque.
                    I had been holding the bow high and my thumb is resting on the bottom of the shelf. That's where I believe the porblem lies. However , the bow slides down a little when starting the grip lower. Isn't the bow supposed to slide in your hand to position itself? Or should I get a grip wrap?
                    Do you guys touch the bottom of the shelf w/ your thumb and index finger ??
                    I'm like flintcreek, I don't have an issue with a Hoyt one piece grip.

Get there hands almost on top of the shelf. Often wonder how the arrow doesnt hit it. Darrin Christenberry here in this video and I just watched Burly Hall video. Both have there hands close to the shelf.

Video of Christenberry. You can actually see the hand above the shelf.
                    http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z...Picture239.flv
                    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 06-18-2009, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
                      Not sure on differences in the gt vs. z, I do know that the GT torque issue, "might" be a very small spacer adjust.
                      I don't think it would be a spacer issue. I can tell when I start aiming if "my bubble" is off. ( I can't believe I said that on here)
                      But, what would I look for, or how do I tell?
                      2014 E32
                      2011 PULSE AP

Comment

I also had to change to a lower wrist than I have in the past. I can feel the bottom of the shelf with the side of my thumb.

Comment

I had to do the same thing. It seems to help my torque problems.
                          Barnsdale My Addiction, Z28, CBE, Carter, Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterpete View Post
                            I also had to change to a lower wrist than I have in the past. I can feel the bottom of the shelf with the side of my thumb.
                            same here, I can also feel the bottom of the shelf with my thumb and have never had any tourque issues
                            The Archery Shop Staff Shooter,2009 Elite GT500 AT, 2009 Elite Z28 on order, Mathews DXT for wife, Stage 1 Strings, Limbdriver, Sword sights,Turkey contest defending champs "Beard Busters"

Comment

How are you guys starting your grip?
                              Is it with your hand touching the bottom of the grip or further down?
                              2014 E32
                              2011 PULSE AP

Comment

Working...
                              X