This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
    You should have no worries. Kevin leaving and Elite having parts are unrelated. They will continue to have parts as long as EO LLC owns the company.

TEXAS
    +1 and just like other's have posted , Kevin leaving and starting a new company only gives us consumers more choices....I Don't think Elite is just going to fade away........
    2006 E-500 "the bow that started it all"
    Proud owner of six 2006 Elites, 3ea E-500's, 6 5/8" Energy, Impulse & an E-Force
    2008 Aigil w/REV cams and 2008.5 GT-500
    Black 60# Judge. Proud SYN'er Member

Comment

I'm willing to bet the reason Kevin left is that he has something new that's going to blow the doors off everything on the market.. So people can talk about having this patent or that patent, but if he has something revolutionary then yeah Elite, bowtech, matthews, etc etc will all suffer at least a little loss of sales.. But hey it's Kevin, don't stop a master at his craft in his prime.. I say go for it bro!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

For everyone gossiping about Kevins bows---

where does it say that hes going to be making bows again?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggielandpoultry View Post
          I'm willing to bet the reason Kevin left is that he has something new that's going to blow the doors off everything on the market.. So people can talk about having this patent or that patent, but if he has something revolutionary then yeah Elite, bowtech, matthews, etc etc will all suffer at least a little loss of sales.. But hey it's Kevin, don't stop a master at his craft in his prime.. I say go for it bro!!!!!!!!!!
          I hope your wearing a bib right now.
          Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

Trust me this guy is not going to just fall off the face of the planet.. I mean he might retire or something who knows but before everyone starts talking just remember who designed the bows so many of us are using right now. And he already has his own company web page.. So yeah he is going to be building and selling bows.. Don't think he would make a major move like that without something pretty sweet to sell..
            http://www.strotherarchery.com/blog/

Comment

Originally posted by Aggielandpoultry View Post
              Trust me this guy is not going to just fall off the face of the planet.. I mean he might retire or something who knows but before everyone starts talking just remember who designed the bows so many of us are using right now. And he already has his own company web page.. So yeah he is going to be building and selling bows.. Don't think he would make a major move like that without something pretty sweet to sell..
              http://www.strotherarchery.com/blog/
              As much as that website is concerned I would think they could just make quivers?

But seriously, for those who know, Kevin and Kate in the beginning set out to make archery accessories not necessarily bows in the beginning. That maybe what they are setting out to do now.

Remember some of Kevins threads about what accessories people who like to see produced?

Well......

Comment

Get ready to dual.
                Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

It's possible he could build archery accessories.. But the fact still remains Kevin is a speed freek he said it himself and im betting before its all said and done he has something out that passes all the speed bows to date.. This guy is driven he's not going to just set back and watch this freek show with the Omen and mc pearson etc go on without kicking some A$$ himself right? And he works on these bows for his world record speed and distance shoots all the time, maybe he cooked up something crazy.. Guess we will just have to wait and see. fun fun..

Comment

What I would consider a conflict of interest aside, consider this............

Kevin designed the 2010 line of Elite bows that have yet to be released and yet to be tested to the rigorous consumer abuse that happens with any bow.

Look at something as simple as the GT500. Great bow but lots of people had issues with center shot, cam spacing, limb swaping, tuning, etc. It's not exactly an out of the box friendly bow if you don't have a draw board, bow press and someone with a technical knowledge of bows.

So lets say the 2010s have issues that have yet to be discovered until in the hands of thousands of consumers.....who gets blamed? Kevin. Yet where is the answer man? With his own company that just happened to possibly produce a great bow with absolutely no problems. Hmmmmm, he built himself and great bow and Elite a dud.

Talk about putting yourself out on a limb for further speculation. Just not good business sense IMO, but hey, it's not my reputation at stake.
                    2009 Hoyt Alpha Max 35.....yes I'm a traitor and got rid of the GT500.
                    2006 Hoyt Vulcan(my killing machine)

Comment

Good For Kevin.

He gets to make whatever he wants speed and target wise, yet the rest of us still get to enjoy what he made before (The Elite Z28-BEST HUNTING BOW EVER) and whatever the new crew at Elite can do with the exsisting technology. Plus what they can come up with...and we have yet to even see what that may bring.

I look at it like some of the others here. More choices. Everyone has a direction they want to go, a style they like, and a type of bow they want/need/have to have...I still like the direction Elite is headed. Hunting focus from what I have seen, yet the bows (as we know) work great for almost everything else.

I'll always use what works best for me. I tried a ton of bows (I think everything from the major mfgs) and came back to Elite. The Z is tough to beat. I am a Kevin Fan, but I like the direction I have seen here with Elite.

Comment

Good point Karbon

Comment

Originally posted by Archery-Addiction
                          Kevin did not design the 2010 Elite line...
                          Could you tell us who did design the 2010 line up then?
                          When in doubt, show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile.
                          And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.

Comment

Originally posted by GSLAM95 View Post
                            Could you tell us who did design the 2010 line up then?
                            No kidding, that would be nice to know especially since Elite had, until now, no other designers/engineers on board except for Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by flintcreek6412 View Post
                              I posted this on AT and I am sure it won't last long:

Am I the only guy wondering how Kevin is coming out with "New Technology" when up until the last month or 2 he was designing the 2010 Elite bows

I obviously don't know the entire scoop behind the scenes but it sure seems pretty reasonable to assume that A) his leaving Elite was a well planned venture since they are announcing a new bow company this quick and B) he must have already had this "New Technology" in mind before ever leaving Elite.

So one has to ask, if he was designing bows for Elite, yet at the same time he is designing his own bow to release later, wasn't he in fact holding out on Elite. I don't know about you, but if I pay a guy to develop a bow for me, I want the best he is able to make without holding out on anything.

Seems kind of unprofessional to me. I know that I would never consider hiring anyone with that kind of track record. OK, flame away

This is simply a logical assumption that most reasonable people would make. The circumstances just seem to obvious. Perception is everything in business and this is how "I" perceive the matter.
                              Kevin has designs in the works that venture out 4 to 5 years from now. Trust me on this.
                              Last edited by McLuvin; 06-19-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery-Addiction
                                Kevin did not design the 2010 Elite line...
                                yes he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X