Black Berry set up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Berry set up

Would it be a plus to this web site if they made it user friendly for Black Berry's. I'm not a tec guy but I think its the future.
    Twin Oaks Archery Range VA
    2013 Nija Hunter
    2009 GT 500 Reverse AP
    2009 GT 500 Black and Carbon Fiber
    Home Brewer of fine Ale

iPhone man! And it already works, no need to re-write for a half-baked browser that's on the BlackBerry.
    www.predatorsarchery.com
    2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - Tomater
    2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - The Manimal
    2015 Elite Synergy 29.5" 70#

Comment

Some times I think I should have went the I phone way. Its more of a service issue here. They say the Iphnoe is better but its a pain to jail break the phone. But it think these type phones will break the pc's for communication down the road.
      2013 Nija Hunter
      2009 GT 500 Reverse AP
      Home Brewer of fine Ale

Comment

Download Opera for your phone, it should help. There is another browser called Bolt that is very nice too. If I fine a website that I can't view right or is messed up when visiting, I'll try another browser. Usually, one out of the three will work.

Comment

Originally posted by eros View Post
          Some times I think I should have went the I phone way. Its more of a service issue here. They say the Iphnoe is better but its a pain to jail break the phone. But it think these type phones will break the pc's for communication down the road.
          Why do you need to "jail-break" the iPhone? Works fine "un-broken".
          www.predatorsarchery.com

Comment

It's getting past the front page that's the problem, someone gave a link once that worked on my before I trashed that phone. Something like elitearchery/forums.com or elitearchery/boards.com
            2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
            Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

iPhone! On one right now. And it's simple to jailbreak, instuctions all over the Internet.
              AVERY OUTDOORS

2011 Elite FAIRY DUSTER! SOON
              09 z28 and GT 500, 2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix

Elite Promise- REVOLUTIONIZING the Archery World!

Hunting Trip $1800,
              Deer Tag $300,
              Gas $100
              Knowing you shoot an Elite and your limbs won't fail $PRICELESS

Comment

ok, sorry to get off topic, but what the heck does "jailbreak" mean?
                Smile!

Comment

It's circumventing the mechanisms in the operating system that prevent the user from installing certain software.
                  www.predatorsarchery.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTOFREAK View Post
                    iPhone! On one right now. And it's simple to jailbreak, instuctions all over the Internet.
                    BTW, you don't need to jail break you iPhone to view this site.

The main Elite homepage won't work, as it is Flash based, and there isn't a Flash player for the iPhone (for any mobile phone as well, that I am aware of).

"CSS Animations" will free us of the mess that is Flash.
                    www.predatorsarchery.com

Comment

Originally posted by hartofthethumb View Post
                      ok, sorry to get off topic, but what the heck does "jailbreak" mean?
                      Maybe he means "unlocking" it so you can use it with another carrier other than AT&T.
                      Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

Putting on my geek hat...

Jailbreaking your iPhone (which is pretty easy by the way - check out QuickPwn) only let's you install non-Apple approved apps so you can do things like get a shell prompt, tether your iPhone for 3G access for your PC, etc. If you also unlock your phone you can take it to other GSM carriers (not Verizon or Sprint - they're CDMA).

The Elite homepage won't display Flash on your iPhone - however it will still give you the menu system and the dropdowns still work - so you can click on Community and go to Forums and be redirected from there.

You can also go directly to http://www.elitearchery.com/forums.

Comment

I'm on my Blackberry now and never had any issues with EAF. My Storm has worked from day one.
                          Limited Edition TA GTO 64# @ 28.5"
                          Elite E 500 64# @ 28.5"
                          The start of a love affair
                          Ninja E Force...Black Thunder
                          FMJ Silverflames/Phathead
                          Posten Spot Hogg
                          Ford Tough

Comment

On some web sites the site has a Black Berry down load espn,nascar and Fox news. When it is specialized for Black Berry its easier to use.

Be nice if this web site looks into it. Down the road the I phone and Black Berry's will be the new market for communication.
                            2013 Nija Hunter
                            2009 GT 500 Reverse AP
                            Home Brewer of fine Ale

Comment

On some web sites the site has a Black Berry down load espn,nascar and Fox news. When it is specialized for Black Berry its easier to use.
                              The problem is this costs money and cater to just a segment of users. For many companies, the cost to develop and maintain 2 web-sites is prohibitive.

Be nice if this web site looks into it. Down the road the I phone and Black Berry's will be the new market for communication.
                              The better solution is to have a browser that works with the web as is. That's one of the beauties of the iPhone's MobileSafari browser. It works with most of the web as is. The big issue is the lack of a Flash player, since many sites use Flash. But, there are alternatives.
                              www.predatorsarchery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X