Rangefinders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangefinders

Anybody know which rangefinder is the best for hunting out of a blind with the shoot through mesh? I have a bushnell yardage pro and that does not read through the mesh on the DB blinds at all. Missed a 130" cause of that last year.

Looking for something reliable, and not super expensive.
    Custom Stringswww.toppinarchery.com

GT500 29"/70#
    Victory X-Ringers
    326.2fps.

My Nikon 440

Doesnt read well through the mesh. I dont think you will find one that reads through mesh.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

I don't know how much luck you're going to have with something obstructing the path of the beam these devices emit.

In my mind, an obstruction is an obstruction. Plus, I've never figured out how shooting through mesh wouldn't have "some" effect on the flight of your arrows.

It'll be interesting to see what others post here.
      www.predatorsarchery.com
      2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - Tomater
      2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - The Manimal
      2015 Elite Synergy 29.5" 70#

Comment

Sure hope someone knows of a rangefinder that will do it. Cant some read through brush fairly well? Kinda the same thing.

As far as shooting through the mesh, it may affect it slightly. But practicing in it out to 70 yards I never noticed a difference. Still the same 4-5" groups in the middle.

GT500 29"/70#
        Victory X-Ringers
        326.2fps.

Comment

i don't think there are any. The rangefinder is reading where the beam hits. the mesh would be an obstruction. Can't you just take the mesh down or leave a part open that you could range out of. Personally i wouldn't shoot through mesh.

Comment

Ive been reading on AT that the Nikons read through the mesh. Can anyone here confirm this either way?

GT500 29"/70#
            Victory X-Ringers
            326.2fps.

Comment

The nikons dont read through mesh any better than the others do. There is not one on the market that can read through mesh accuratly. You got to understand that all of these rangefinders use the same kind of beam not a different beam in different finders. All these beams if broken up which mesh will break up the beam will not give you a accurate reading. To trust a beam through mesh to help you make a kill is your call but word of the wise is telling you to use your finder to find your distances before you get into the blind and then when a animal does walk into one of your pre ranged areas you can make a decent shot.
              09 GT500 28.5/64.5

Comment

Im pretty good estimating yardages, so the rangefinder would be a backup to reassure myself if need be. I'll probably just get one of the Nikons and pull up the mesh if I need to use it.

GT500 29"/70#
                Victory X-Ringers
                326.2fps.

Comment

I need to replace my broken rangefinder. I trying to stay away from Nikon but would like some suggestions. I might have to get the Nikon 550.

Comment

Working...
                  X