Z28 speed for gf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28 speed for gf

My gf z28 is set at 27.5 in draw at 60 lbs and shooting around a 360 grain arrow. Does 260fps sound right for her setup? only a loop and meta peep on string.

Thanks
    09 GT500 28.5/64.5

Sounds pretty good

Originally posted by Drenalinhunterco View Post
    My gf z28 is set at 27.5 in draw at 60 lbs and shooting around a 360 grain arrow. Does 260fps sound right for her setup? only a loop and meta peep on string.

Thanks
    Mine is 71lbs shooting a 390grn arrow at 280fps. 260fps at 60lbs is darn good. Thats pretty good KE for sure.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
      Mine is 71lbs shooting a 390grn arrow at 280fps. 260fps at 60lbs is darn good. Thats pretty good KE for sure.
      DB
      Awsome thanks.
      09 GT500 28.5/64.5

Comment

Is it an '09 or '08? I see on AT that you think it is slow? You lose 30fps for the draw, another 20 for the arrow weight and about 6 for the loop and peep. That IBO's at about 316.
        Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

KE

Originally posted by Drenalinhunterco View Post
          Awsome thanks.
          Thats around 54.05 KE. Not bad and should harvest most any deer with a fixed broadhead.

Calculator for KE link

http://www.dewclawarchery.com/Kineti...ator-a/157.htm
          OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

My Z shoots a 360 gr. at 276 fps.
            It has a peep and loop.

If you would subtract 15 fps for my draw being 1.5" longer, I'd say 260 fps is right there.
            ENERGY 35OOBLACKOO52#/30"

Comment

Originally posted by CATrapper View Post
              Is it an '09 or '08? I see on AT that you think it is slow? You lose 30fps for the draw, another 20 for the arrow weight and about 6 for the loop and peep. That IBO's at about 316.

Don't forget that a 60lb bow is rated about 5fps slower than a 70lb bow.

Comment

Thats sounds right to me! I have a 27.5 DL shooting a 345g. arrow at 62.2 pounds and its at 275fps.

09 Z28 Sword Sight QAD HD

Comment

Its a 09 z.
                  09 GT500 28.5/64.5

Comment

Originally posted by DustyRx View Post
                    Don't forget that a 60lb bow is rated about 5fps slower than a 70lb bow.
                    That's why I deducted 30 for draw length instead of 25. The bow sounds like it's shooting fine to me.
                    Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

Im shooting an 08 Z28, 27.5" draw and 60 pd limbs maxed at 61

Im shooting 314 grain victory hv 350's

I have no idea how fast its goin, but im a use them on whitetail this year, they fly too good out of my bow not too.

Comment

That's why I deducted 30 for draw length instead of 25. The bow sounds like it's shooting fine to me.
                        Gotcha!
                        Yep, sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                        X