Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G5 Expert II, what do you guys think of it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G5 Expert II, what do you guys think of it?

I've been thinking about trying this rest, mainly because it looks simple and I've read alot of posts stating how quiet it is. For the folks thats tried them, what do you think?

I jsut want something that I can just set up and not have to mess with again until its time for new strings. I'm using a dropzone now, I like it, but I'm getting tired of having to replace the little slide tubes inside of it every year.

rest

I never gave them a 2nd look till I shot with denny at nelsonville. I put one on our shop demo bow and it seems to shoot really nice. Very simple rest
    Core archery, custom strings and bow tuning.
    www.core-archery.com
    Tuning with strings $110!!!!

Comment

And Quiet too.

Comment

If it aint QAD, Whisker Biscuit or Ripcord i wont like it because i prefer full arrow containment. But thats just me....

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
          And Quiet too.
          Without a doubt hearing your bow last September convinced me that the Expert II is the quietest drop away on the market. I actually have one in camo that I bought used and I'm just waiting for the right camo bow to show up so I can use it.

TEXAS
          2011 PURE MAX 1
          2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
          2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
          Elite Archery Pro Staff
          Proud Member of the Texas Boys
          BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

I'm on the fence. it's either a G5 or Limbdriver that will go on the Judge.
            I would like to hear opinions also.
            2014 E32
            2011 PULSE AP
            TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
            Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
            Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by archer58inPA View Post
              I'm on the fence. it's either a G5 or Limbdriver that will go on the Judge.
              I would like to hear opinions also.
              My Limbdriver seems to be loud on my Judge. Its set up just like all my other one's??? That's why I'm trying to trade for an all black Expert II in the trading section. The one on Lonnie's bow you can't even hear....I mean its that quiet.

TEXAS
              2011 PURE MAX 1
              2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
              2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
              Elite Archery Pro Staff
              Proud Member of the Texas Boys
              BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

I took a "thingy" from a bow jax, you know the square rod going out to the balls, well I cut about a 1/8" peice of that square rod and glued it where the rest hits the factory rubber bumper, I really think it makes ZERO noise since it cant hit the shelf.

Comment

Looks like I may be trying an expert out soon.

Comment

I have them on both of my bows and love 'em. The only down side that I can see is if you struggle on your draw, you might "miss" the arrow when the launcher comes up. I have NEVER had this problem, but two people that have shot my bows have.?.? They seem to be a pretty good and tough design. Also, I might get shot for this, BUT my bows have shot better for me with the Expert than the LimbDriver.
                    The rewards of a successful hunt last forever.---author: Nate Simmons.

Comment

G5 EXP 2 is absolutely dead quiet and zero problems with vane clearance. Only down side is it's not full containment. On occasion, if I drew too fast, I bounced the arrow off the rest. I just couldn't risk this in the heat of "buck fever." I've heard this can be fixed with some adjustment to the cord, but I just switched to limbdriver. LD is louder than G5, but never bounces the arrow out of the rest. This was my experience, take it with a grain of salt.
                      Pure X 2
                      XLR (gone to a better place)
                      GT500 (gone to a better place)

Adopt a Greyhound & you'll have a fast friend forever http://www.keystonegreys.org/

Comment

G5 Expert II

I am running Expert II's on all of my Elites for all of the same reasons that were already mentioned...Simple, Quiet, No Clearance issues, etc... G5 has a new Expert coming out in 2010 called the Expert Pro. The launcher pivots on a sealed ball bearing for increased strength and reliability. It is also attached to the "up" cable similar to the Down Force. Supposedly the launcher stays up longer for increased accuracy and arrow guidance. We should have one of the first ones in our shop within the next couple of weeks. Denny or I will put together some sort of review on it once we receive it.

Comment

A review would be great Garret.
                          I saw a new model on G5's web site. Is that it?
                          2014 E32
                          2011 PULSE AP
                          TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                          Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                          Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Armstrong13 View Post
                            I am running Expert II's on all of my Elites for all of the same reasons that were already mentioned...Simple, Quiet, No Clearance issues, etc... G5 has a new Expert coming out in 2010 called the Expert Pro. The launcher pivots on a sealed ball bearing for increased strength and reliability. It is also attached to the "up" cable similar to the Down Force. Supposedly the launcher stays up longer for increased accuracy and arrow guidance. We should have one of the first ones in our shop within the next couple of weeks. Denny or I will put together some sort of review on it once we receive it.
                            That would be sweet! I'd love to here a review on the new one.

Comment

Just bought one today and had it setup at Predator Archery. It is extremely quiet as everyone else has stated and is very easy get use to( my first rest that is not full containment). Dean at Predators was able to install and adjust in less than half an hour.
                              Elite GT500
                              G5 Expert II Rest
                              G5 Meta Peep
                              Easton Axis Arrows
                              Muzzy Broadheads

www.predatorsarchery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X