Tip of the day thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the day thread

How about a thread that you post a tip that has saved you time or just made good sense. Sometimes we forget that everyone doesn't know the basics or things we take for granted. You guys surely are doing things that I don't know about so, what say you..

Let's try and keep each tip to one post rather than listing everything you can think of that moment. Maybe we could put the tip in red as well so we can see it easier.

I'll start..

Used to drive me nuts when my field points kept coming loose, try putting a bit of string wax on the threads, it's a quick fix to a common problem..
    2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
    Frequent Frankenbower

when tying peep sight wrap serving same direction as bow string is twisted
    Envy 4 times
    GT 500
    E-FORCE
    ENERGY 35

Comment

Emory boards are great for removing glue from arrows
      09/10 GT 500 61LB
      2010 Z28 62lb

Comment

When adjusting sights remember to "move pin to the arrow"
        "The Yankee Bowman"
        ----------------------------------------
        '08 LH GT500-65lb Next G1 ​sold
        09 LH Z28-70lb AP sold
        '09 LH Z28-60lb AP sold
        '10 LH XLR-60lb AP Snow sold
        '11 LH Elite Pure-70lb Max 1 sold
        '12 LH Elite Answer-70lb-AP Black ​​sold
        '13 LH Hoyt Procomp Elite XL-60lb- Orange with Black hardware
        '14 LH Hoyt Faktor 34-65lb- AP

Comment

Tie d loop knots in opposite directions to eliminate torque on the string.
          Tie in your top knot away from your face so it doesn't cut you if it touches. also will save facial hair.
          Last edited by Maybee-R; 12-27-2009, 11:32 AM.
          No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
            Tie d loop knots in opposite directions to eliminate torque on the string.
            Tie in your top knot away from your face so it doesn't cut you if it touches. also will save facial hair.
            +1 especially with looooong loops

YETI ARCHERY

CUSTOM GRIPS AND SIDE PLATES
            "If you can dream it, I can build it."

Comment

After I get my bows all set up I mark everything with a pencil ,Like where my sight is ,rest ,most important my cam or cams I scribe a line on the cam both the front and back of the limb .That way you can get a quick check if something is moveing .Or when your not shooting good you can just look at everything and know its not the bow or it is the bow.Work's for me
              Last edited by John-in-VA; 12-27-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Wrinkled fletching can be straighten with the ole Lady's hair dryer too.

Comment

Nice suggestion! Hereīs one of mine:

Spray your high density foam targets with vinyl cleaner spray (dashboard cleaning ones made for cars, cheapo ones work the same!) and youīll pull arrows much easier. Product stinks to first half of shaft ready for the next shot, and you wonīt stink your fingers which is safer to operate BT releases!
                  FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER FOR: ELITE , FIRENOCK, GAS PRO
                  LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
                  ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
                  ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->

Comment

Here is mine..............shoot bows more than hanging on Archery forums, will def. makes you a better shot......
                    Sorry couldnīt resist LOL.
                    Honestly double check new cable slides for any burrs and remove them with fine sandpaper to avoid cable damage.

Comment

This one is for the newer archers that have problems with peep and loop rotation. Nock your arrow from the front of the string not from the side. When you rotate the nocked arrow it will also rotate your loop and peep. I have seen so many hunters nock their arrow on the side of the string and then roatate it to the rest. Nock it just as it will be when on the rest.
                      2014 E32 MAX 1
                      2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS
                      LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
                      WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Belicoso View Post
                        Here is mine..............shoot bows more than hanging on Archery forums, will def. makes you a better shot......
                        Sorry couldnīt resist LOL.
                        Honestly double check new cable slides for any burrs and remove them with fine sandpaper to avoid cable damage.
                        Run out of strength shooting so much. needed a break. Letting the blisters heal some.
                        You want a shooting better tip remember to breath... stop holding your breath. LOL!

Comment

Make sure when you put your cables back on they go from the outside in so you can draw your bow when you get it out of the press.
                          Chillx AT desert tac Hoping for an E37-40 soon

Comment

Learn to activate your release using back tension and say goodbye to target panic forever.
                            Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

Originally posted by CATrapper View Post
                              Learn to activate your release using back tension and say goodbye to target panic forever.
                              Regardless what else comes up we have a winner!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X