Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Insert Technology aka HIT

:censored2: sucks...
    Cordwood and Lee's Custom Strings - coming soon!
    "Life is a dirty game, u need to play dirty to win"-@#Harris

Now Cord dont you be hatin on the best arrows in the world/Easton....lol...j/k...I had the same problem and went back to maxima hunters...I will probably try the carbonforce arrows this year....

Comment

Thats one of the problems with HITs, if the glue isn't perfect or you dont use the chamfer stone they do Dat.
      I think the traditional collar inserts are better.

Comment

I had some axis arrows do that and also crack in that area so I gave up on them...Its just how those inserts are I guess but not a good feeling when you see that....I hate that for ya Cord....

Comment

Not a fan of the HIT inserts myself. You can do everything right, and still have this happen.
          Mac Island Outdoors
          Elite Archery Gold Dealer
          3488 Road BC
          Superior, NE 68978
          (402) 879-1945
          www.macislandoutdoors.com

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
            Jeff and I were just having this exact conversation the other night.

I went back to a traditional insert after busting the sides out of some Axis. That was both aggravating and expensive.

Not a HIT guy myself.
            Perfected Excellence

Comment

I use them with my epics and have never had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaben620 View Post
                I use them with my epics and have never had this problem.
                Epics use HP inserts and H nocks, I dont think a Hit/x nock would fit, well maybe a little sloppy, hold on, Ill go check.... nope really loose.

Comment

What r u guy's shooting at that is making them do it?
                  Ive been shooting axis and fmj's since they came out and have never had a single problem. 1000's of shots and 100's of arrows.
                  Not calling ya out just want to know how they r doing it.

Comment

Epics use HP inserts, I dont think a Hit would fit, well maybe a little sloppy, hold on, Ill go check....

Thats right. Nevermind. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....

Comment

Thats one of the problems with HITs, if the glue isn't perfect or you dont use the chamfer stone they do Dat.
                      I did em all myself to perfection. From cutting the arrows, to glueing the inserts, to ASD'ing, and stoning the inside to perfection...I even rolled the arrows every 15min/or so while the glue was drying.

If you look back through my posts, about 400-500posts ago I predicted problems with these inserts. And I agree about trad inserts...in the same post I expressed a wish for reg ole inserts.

...but in a tiny defense of FMJs/HIT, I will say that I didnt have any shaft tears on targets...they all happened on deer. I think when the arrow sticks in the ground after a passthru, some of the arrow is still in the deer(tiny doe) and the thing gets yanked to one side when the deer splits. ...and I did have one FMJ survived three deer before tearing.

I did leave atleast a 1/4" of play in the length...im wondering if I can remove the HITs, cut the arrow again, and pop in some reg ole inserts that fit proper.
                      Cordwood and Lee's Custom Strings - coming soon!
                      "Life is a dirty game, u need to play dirty to win"-@#Harris

Comment

This is why people came out with that retro aluminum shaft collar. HIT arrows are 2 faced, one face is a super tough well spec'd arrow thats thin for great penatration and performance, the other face is the weak spot the insert creates.
                        This is why I think Epics are the best arrow $ for $. Same specs and quality with a better insert for less $.
                        And made in the USA.

Comment

I had one do something like that once when I forgot to adjust my sight to 20yds after a longer shot(I have a bad habit of that). I hit my cousins steel clothes line pole. The feild tip actually broke and did that to the arrow though, the insert was still firmly glued in place.
                          Smile!

Comment

Originally posted by cordwood View Post
                            I did leave atleast a 1/4" of play in the length...im wondering if I can remove the HITs, cut the arrow again, and pop in some reg ole inserts that fit proper.
                            I would think you could, if you can get them out without wrecking the arrow. That may be a big PITA if you used epoxy
                            Smile!

Comment

ive never had any problems what so ever with those arrows. ive made several dozen of them for different people. guess im just good at it.
                              Elite Z28 AP Camo 28" / 60 lbs.
                              Bear Attack Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.
                              Bear Truth Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X