Need some Envy advice...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Envy advice...

I have an opportunity to buy Envy#60. I have seen the bow and noticed that the suppressors were missing.

The owner told me one broke, so he cut them down and put them back on the limbs to ensure there wont be problems caused by the holes in the limbs. He said that apparently the suppressor arms did break on other Envy's.

Is this normal? Would you guys buy the bow if, otherwise it was in good condition?

Last Q...what will a new set of suppressor arms cost? Will the warrenty cover them?

Thanks
    AT GTO
    73#, 28"
    280 fps, 472gn CX Rebel Hunter Arrows
    Thunderhead 100's
    Envy # 0027
    73#, 28"
    285fps, 470gn CX Piledriver Arrows
    Thunderhead 100's

Broken suppressor arms are pretty common on Envy's. The make new ones now that are much heavier duty. I would still buy it since the limb holes were still plugged.
    07 Elite Envy #143
    08 Elite GTO Target Black
    11 PSE TAC 15i
    12 Scorpyd Ventilator
    12 Strykezone 380

Comment

Originally posted by top gun 80 View Post
      Broken suppressor arms are pretty common on Envy's. The make new ones now that are much heavier duty. I would still buy it since the limb holes were still plugged.

Exactly! I see often times people time the cams so that the string rests on the rubber stop at rest... Not a good idea. The string should be 1/16-1/8 off the rubber stoppers at rest...
      Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional

Comment

my experience with the envy was very short. i owned one but didnt like it at all. lots of handshock even after being timed perfectly. the rubber stoppers wore out really quickly. had low let off, and the draw wasnt all that great either. i sold mine pretty quickly. i will say it was really fast though.
        Elite Z28 AP Camo 28" / 60 lbs.
        Bear Attack Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.
        Bear Truth Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.

Comment

Just another perspective since there is a post abouit dislikes. I have had my Envy suppressor arms cut off since the bow was about two months old. I did the same as what it sounds like this guy did as it still performs perfectly. I have not seen another bow to date with a 7" brace height that is faster and that includes all of the 2010 line up as well. I have owned five of them and none of them were loud or had bad hand shock when timed correctly and everything was tight on the bow. They are awesome bows that are faster than most 6" brace bows. You won't be sorry with the purchase. If you are they are very easy to sell.
          2014 E32 MAX 1
          2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS
          LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
          WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

Comment

The Envy I have had 70# limbs and I put some 60# standard limbs on it that weren't drilled for the string stoppers. I just added an STS instead.
            Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
            me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
            traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Comment

Here is a picture......
              Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
              me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
              traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Comment

Originally posted by Scablands View Post
                The Envy I have had 70# limbs and I put some 60# standard limbs on it that weren't drilled for the string stoppers. I just added an STS instead.

The only thing a guy needs to be careful of when doing this is the draw stop actually contacts the string suppressor arm and without the arm in place the draw stop settings will be very different that what the manual calls for. Other than that the suppressors are not necessary as a sts is just as functional.
                2014 E32 MAX 1
                2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS
                LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
                WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BAD007 View Post
                  Just another perspective since there is a post abouit dislikes. I have had my Envy suppressor arms cut off since the bow was about two months old. I did the same as what it sounds like this guy did as it still performs perfectly. I have not seen another bow to date with a 7" brace height that is faster and that includes all of the 2010 line up as well. I have owned five of them and none of them were loud or had bad hand shock when timed correctly and everything was tight on the bow. They are awesome bows that are faster than most 6" brace bows. You won't be sorry with the purchase. If you are they are very easy to sell.
                  i would have to agree. The reason i sold my GT500 is the Envy was just soooo much faster.
                  GTO
                  Envy #288

Comment

Originally posted by ;296210
                    my experience with the envy was very short. i owned one but didnt like it at all. lots of handshock even after being timed perfectly. the rubber stoppers wore out really quickly. had low let off, and the draw wasnt all that great either. i sold mine pretty quickly. i will say it was really fast though.
                    Huh..... You must have had the only lemon Elite ever made
                    07 Elite Envy #143
                    11 PSE TAC 15i
                    12 Scorpyd Ventilator
                    12 Strykezone 380

Comment

Huh..... You must have had the only lemon Elite ever made
                      that was my experience with the one i owned. and it was in perfect time. i had it at fury x archery and wes worked on it and got it the best he could. and about the only lemon elite has produced, how many z28's did they have trouble with centershots and clearance problems with the cables? not bashing b/c i shoot a z28 just stating the facts.

Comment

Thanks alot guys....this has helped and has also put me at ease a little...
                        AT GTO
                        73#, 28"
                        280 fps, 472gn CX Rebel Hunter Arrows
                        Thunderhead 100's
                        Envy # 0027
                        73#, 28"
                        285fps, 470gn CX Piledriver Arrows
                        Thunderhead 100's

Comment

Originally posted by ;296405
                          that was my experience with the one i owned. and it was in perfect time. i had it at fury x archery and wes worked on it and got it the best he could. and about the only lemon elite has produced, how many z28's did they have trouble with centershots and clearance problems with the cables? not bashing b/c i shoot a z28 just stating the facts.
                          Did you see the "smiley" at the end of my post? I was not bashing either, just that your experience is different than almost everybody else. I have owned 5 Envy's and had no handshock in any of them, period, hence my lemon comment. Letoff is lower by design but can be tuned to around 78-80%. Draw cycle can be a little stiff with speed mods, and speed, well. you know
                          07 Elite Envy #143
                          11 PSE TAC 15i
                          12 Scorpyd Ventilator
                          12 Strykezone 380

Comment

did you see the "smiley" at the end of my post? I was not bashing either, just that your experience is different than almost everybody else. I have owned 5 envy's and had no handshock in any of them, period, hence my lemon comment. Letoff is lower by design but can be tuned to around 78-80%. Draw cycle can be a little stiff with speed mods, and speed, well. You know
                            yea i seen it. Just i didnt know how to take what you said so i said what was on my mind. I didnt like it for the reasons i stated and thats all that matters. No 2 bows are the same. Mine also had the speed mods. Yes it was fast. I had my gto at that time to so i had a good speed bow to compare it to. Id take the gto over the envy any day. They were very close in speed.

Comment

Originally posted by ;296574
                              yea i seen it. Just i didnt know how to take what you said so i said what was on my mind. I didnt like it for the reasons i stated and thats all that matters. No 2 bows are the same. Mine also had the speed mods. Yes it was fast. I had my gto at that time to so i had a good speed bow to compare it to. Id take the gto over the envy any day. They were very close in speed.
                              No, the GTO and the Envy we're never close in speed. Something was wrong with that Envy you had. Between me and my buddy, we've owned seven Envys and they are a joy to shoot. I recently shot an SR-71 and it had way more hand shock than my Envys.

Comment

Working...
                              X