How quiet is the Limbdriver rest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How quiet is the Limbdriver rest?

I have used a QAD HD for two seasons without issues and have been very satisfied with the rest, especially for hunting. I have been thinking about the Limbdriver rest as I like how it attaches to the limb and stays up a tad longer for possibly better support/accuracy. How quiet is the draw with the metal launcher? I realize that there is felt or rubber on the prongs. Also, how quiet is it on the shot? What about on containment; how well does it hold/contain the arrow. I saw there containment arm, but it seems like it could easily pop out on the draw?
    Thanks!
    New Breed Eclipse 68# @ 33.5"/John's Customs Strings/CBE Tek Hybrid/Axion Pulse/Black Eagle Rampage/QAD Exodus 125
    2013 PSE Freak 63# @ 33.5"/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse/Black Eagle Carnivores/Gravedigger 125
    Thunderhorn Longbow 63# @ 32"
    John's Custom Bowstrings ~ Black Eagle Arrows ~ Dead Center Archery Products ~ Firenock

I like mine.

put felt around the arms, I put a thicker (double layer of felt) on the riser under the where the yoke hits. and the trophy taker cradle works great for holding the arrow on the shelf until the yoke rises.

if the spring is adjusted good, there is very little "twang" "thud" when the yoke hits the riser. I try to adjust so that the yoke just slightly touches when down
    Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

Put felt on the launcher and its smooth as butter. I mount the limbdriver all the way back so the launcher never touches the shelf. Very quiet this way

Comment

I put moleskin on the shelf and on the launcher, had it set above shelf and its still not near as quiet as a G5 expert, the new pro expert operates like a limbdriver to allegedly make it the best of both worlds, I just got one but haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Can't wait for a review Lonnie.
          Proud Member of the Texas Boys

GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ Stingray Stab
          GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ
          Aigil Black&Carbon,Hogg It Hunter,LD Rest,FMJ
          Aigil SS 09Z Cams,Stage One,LD Rest,Centurion,Rattler Grips

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
            Can't wait for a review Lonnie.
            me too....

Comment

Expert Pro - Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DustyRx View Post
                Expert Pro - Awesome!!!
                You are shooting it already??

Comment

Originally posted by Belicoso View Post
                  You are shooting it already??
                  Due to rain and a soaked yard I have not gotten to put a lot of shots through it but yes I have one. It is super easy to set up and is very quiet.
                  I have paper tuned (three shots) and shot short distances only. I really like the fact that there is no tension on the cable at full draw!!!

Comment

To me, much of my LD's noise is coming from the long cable as it snaps back. It is not a quiet rest in my opinion compared to some others but it is useable. The biggest improvement mine made in the noise reduction department was switching from the cord to the Maxx kit. I will be curious to find out if the Expert pro has more noise than the Expert for this same reason.
                    Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

I agree with CAtrapper, the cord prolly makes most of the noise associated with the LD, a small limbjax on the cord really helps that though. The simms drop away pad is what I use on the shelf. It's a great rest and by no means is it loud.
                      2010 Ninja Z28
                      2005 Mathews Switchback
                      Fred Bear Grizzly

Comment

Originally posted by CATrapper View Post
                        To me, much of my LD's noise is coming from the long cable as it snaps back. It is not a quiet rest in my opinion compared to some others but it is useable. The biggest improvement mine made in the noise reduction department was switching from the cord to the Maxx kit.
                        I also agree with CA. I took the max kit off and went back to a cord tied to the top limb. The reason I did it was bc every time I put my bow in my press it slid the limb attachmant into the cam. Not Good!!!
                        It DOES make more noise with a cord. Get a Max kit, but if you use a press with posts that rest against the limb it's better to take the attachment off. Trust me!!!
                        2014 E32
                        2011 PULSE AP
                        TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                        Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                        Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

I just changed the cord with my own verson of the maxx kit & WOW it's super quiet. I also have the LD mounted all the way back & trimed the prongs back so it doesn't touch the shelf.
                          09/10 Elite GT500 Ninja aka
                          el fabricante de viuda
                          NRA INSTRUCTOR
                          SC CWP INSTRUCTOR

Comment

How quiet is the Limbdriver rest?

Originally posted by Rev. Juan
                            ... I also have the LD mounted all the way back & trimed the prongs back so it doesn't touch the shelf.

Exactly - this makes it no more noisy than your strings already are as there is no shelf contact!!! The only way to go!!!
                            Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional

Comment

Who makes the Expert pro? Thanks.
                              New Breed Eclipse 68# @ 33.5"/John's Customs Strings/CBE Tek Hybrid/Axion Pulse/Black Eagle Rampage/QAD Exodus 125
                              2013 PSE Freak 63# @ 33.5"/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse/Black Eagle Carnivores/Gravedigger 125
                              Thunderhorn Longbow 63# @ 32"
                              John's Custom Bowstrings ~ Black Eagle Arrows ~ Dead Center Archery Products ~ Firenock

Comment

Working...
                              X