X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new gt500 is aggrivating

I have been so excited about my gt500 on order. I have shot only mathews for years. I shot a friends gt500 and really loved it but mine is so slow. I spent the majority of last night reading about how to tune the bow and it seems a little overwhelming but I will get it done, maybe. I am tempted to sell this one and order another to see if I get better results. You would think they would be better than what they are out of the box. 28.5" IBO is 300-303...set at 70"checked on 2 different scales and chronographs. This was the bow I was going to commit myself to going to the next level for me competitively. any idea's ..I guess I just wanted to vent

Um, you didn't state what speed you bow is getting, nor the arrow weight and what you have on your string.
    www.predatorsarchery.com
    2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - Tomater
    2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - The Manimal

Comment

Send it to Nate at "Tater's Archery Solutions" he'll get you fixed up. He found 6+fps more out of my already "fast" bow and now it has a valley to die for.
      It's amazing what he can do for a bow.
      http://tatersarcherysolutions.weebly.com/
      09 GT500 29.5" 65# "Tater Tuned"
      13 PSE DNA 30/60

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeagol View Post
        Um, you didn't state what speed you bow is getting, nor the arrow weight and what you have on your string.
        +1

For the average person you can shoot it right out of the box with no problem. It's when you are after the speed & all the hidden goodies that make you pull out your hair.

Their are a lot of guys on here that are very good at tunning these babies! That how I got started
        09/10 Elite GT500 Ninja aka
        el fabricante de viuda
        NRA INSTRUCTOR
        SC CWP INSTRUCTOR

Comment

speed

the arrow weight was 353grns....70# draw weight...all I had on the factory string is a d-loop...no peep, or anything else...we were just checkn speed

Comment

speed

the speed is 300-303fps

Comment

I think the only thing you might be able to do is check your cam synch. If thats on check your draw length and make sure its not running a little short, thats not very common but is possible.

After that, if you want a few extra fps you'll have to play around with nocks or eliminator buttons near the cams and shoot a bunch of arrows through the chrono.

Elite makes a real nice bow. I read through all kinds of threads on the internet here and on A.T. for about a year before I bought one. Maybe even longer; what I found was that almost exclusively, the owners loved the way the bows shot, but nobody was getting the kind of speed out of them that Elite claims.

I saw several posts where guys where shooting 5 grains per pound and 31 to 32" dl's and still not hitting the IBO.

Comment

Set it up on a drawboard. Check cam timing, ata, bh, dl, and # draw weight. You might be surprised at the initial settings. Mine was supposed to be set at 70#, but was actually 68, the ata, dl, and % lo was a bit out of spec. After getting it set up correctly, I gained 6+ fps and got a great valley to boot. The bow shot great out of the box, a little slower than I thought it would, but with a nice tune job by "Tater", its a sweet shooter for sure! 314 fps w/394 gr Maxima Hunter!(321 fps w/ 374 gr. Maxima 350's) @70.7# 29.5" 80% letoff.
                09 GT500 29.5" 65# "Tater Tuned"
                13 PSE DNA 30/60

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength.

Comment

tater

i sent tater an email. asking him about turnaround on bow...thanks for the input...I will prolly mess with it before he's ready for it...I guess he can always fix it but i want to be able to do this myself.

Comment

If the bow is peaking at 6-6.5" into the draw and the cams are in sync, AND you have checked DW and DL , then I would find another chrono to shoot through. Verify the chrono readings and other variables.
                    My GT at 28/70 shoots 315fps.
                    2014 E32
                    2011 PULSE AP
                    TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                    Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by talon1961 View Post
                      Set it up on a drawboard. Check cam timing, ata, bh, dl, and # draw weight. You might be surprised at the initial settings. Mine was supposed to be set at 70#, but was actually 68, the ata, dl, and % lo was a bit out of spec. After getting it set up correctly, I gained 6+ fps and got a great valley to boot. The bow shot great out of the box, a little slower than I thought it would, but with a nice tune job by "Tater", its a sweet shooter for sure! 314 fps w/394 gr Maxima Hunter!(321 fps w/ 374 gr. Maxima 350's) @70.7# 29.5" 80% letoff.
                      Thanks for the kind words Sammie.

Originally posted by laplander0 View Post
                      i sent tater an email. asking him about turnaround on bow...thanks for the input...I will prolly mess with it before he's ready for it...I guess he can always fix it but i want to be able to do this myself.
                      Email returned Levi.
                      Interested in a custom tune? Visit us at . . . . .

www.tatersarcherysolutions.com

Comment

thankful

i really appreciate everyone's interest in trying to help me. thanks so much for all the input

Comment

If your not happy with it take it back to your dealer and have then fix it, or deal with Elite directly. Elite has great costumer service and they thrive on making there costumers happy. You shouldn't have to pay to have a new bow tuned. You are about 15 to 20 FPS slow. Elite will fix you up.
                          -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and send it up to Tim Zimmerman at Taz Archery in Illinois. He's the man with these bows! He'll get it right and get it back to you fast!
                            Jeff Butler

Comment

That is slow but your bow needs to be tuned. At 28.5 in draw 64.5 lbs and a 384 grain arrow im hitting 293 fps. So if i were to crank her up to 70 lbs i would be right around 308 fps i think. Which is hitting ibo.
                              09 GT500 28.5/64.5

Comment

Working...
                              X