Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

single vs. fixed multi pin sight for hunting?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single vs. fixed multi pin sight for hunting?

So, let's here your opinions re: single pin adjustable vs. multiple fixed pins for a hunting. I'm not interested in 3D or other target usages.
    Pure X 2
    XLR (gone to a better place)
    GT500 (gone to a better place)

Adopt a Greyhound & you'll have a fast friend forever http://www.keystonegreys.org/

Well, I'm not in to killing bambi but I love to shoot 3-D and when it comes to pins, I have to have vertical pins or a single pin. The horizontal cause me to shoot left every time. I think its a mental thing since I hunted with a rifle all my life and looked at a vertical front sight before the scope came into play. OH, I do love the venison however. You kill em, skin em and I'll join you to eat em!
    Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
    www.broughtonart.webs.com
    Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
    Bear Kodiak Hunter
    Athens Afflixtion

Comment

I like a single pin slider for hunting mainly for the reason that where I hunt I'm lucky to get 25 yards. the good thing about the slider is if I get a chance to shoot longer distance I just move the sight.
      08 elite synergy extreme g1
      07 synergy ss target blue

Comment

Originally posted by tweedy306 View Post
        I like a single pin slider for hunting mainly for the reason that where I hunt I'm lucky to get 25 yards. the good thing about the slider is if I get a chance to shoot longer distance I just move the sight.
        If I went back to the single pin sight, it would be the slider. I had one and liked it alot better than the wheel.
        Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
        www.broughtonart.webs.com
        Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
        Bear Kodiak Hunter
        Athens Afflixtion

Comment

I love single pin sliders. Very seldom does a guy have to shoot over 30yds. Set it at 25 and your good to go. If I were to take a shot at 30+ the circumstances will have to be right and I should have time to move the sight. I'm shooting a Vital Bow Gear with the angled pin. Gives a great sight picture...
          www.sportsmensunlimited.com
          Elite Dealer

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL

Comment

The jury is still out on this end. I have a centurion and boss hogg single pins. A couple hogg it and hunter hogg it fixed 5 pins on my bows and like all of them. I will say the fixed 5 pin hogg it is still on my favorite GTO hunting bow but that could change. I know this helped you out a whole lot. You are going to have to try them all out and see what tickles your fancy.
            Proud Member of the Texas Boys

GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ Stingray Stab
            GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ
            Aigil Black&Carbon,Hogg It Hunter,LD Rest,FMJ
            Aigil SS 09Z Cams,Stage One,LD Rest,Centurion,Rattler Grips

Comment

Multiple pins for me. I take too much time ranging to try and adjust my sight too.
              Where I hunt your better off picking a point ahead of you to range and try to sneak up as close as possible. No way to tell ahead of time how thats going to work out.
              If your good maybe 20 yards But Im not good and 40 is more the norm.
              I can set in a tree here for these muleys but they have a different plan everyday then I do. so spot and stalk works best for me.
              No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

If i have one peep and 5 bright dots and a clueless buck at the end of it, will all the juices in my system, its going to feel like one :censored2: up acid trip......Single pin for me, por favor......
                Co-Owner of Rattler Grips (Bobby left it to me in his will)
                Part Time Forum Terrorist and Thread Hostage Taker.

Selling my 08 GT500 and a whole bunch of goodies. PM me if interested.

Comment

I like a 5 pin for hunting. Early season sometimes leave my scope on since I hunt alot of field edges but come rut I'm in the honey holes.
                  Wess Wallace
                  (740)502-2868
                  Coshocton, Oh

Staff Shooter- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Nut Up or Shut Up

Comment

I'm a single pin guy as well, I have tried a few times to go back to pins, but it just don't fly for me anymore. With a single pin sight, your target picture is always the same no matter the yardage, and never cluttered. Not saying multi-pins are inferior, I bet they are better for certain people for what ever reason, just not for me.
                    Smile!

Comment

Sword Centurion - single pin slider
                      www.raginblaze.com
                      Cajun Seasoning with a SouthWest Flare

featured products ..... cajun seasoning, chili mix, fajita seasoning
                      seafood boil, New Orleans style coffee and beignets .....

Comment

Single pin Ascent sight for me. No slider. You have a round knob for adjustment. I can still mount a quiver to the sight if I want to.

Comment

i have to go with the single slider, makes me think about the distance before i shoot. KISS and repetition drive you to shoot better.
                          08.5 Z28 70# 475gr
                          ~just cause you dance don't make you NDN, try throwin a hawk or tracking~

Comment

Single pin slider......I have been using HHA Optimizer single pin slider for hunting now for years. Dont ever see myself going back to fixed pin.
                            Most my hunting I dont have over 25 yard shot anyhow when in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by jjohnson View Post
                              I love single pin sliders. Very seldom does a guy have to shoot over 30yds. Set it at 25 and your good to go. If I were to take a shot at 30+ the circumstances will have to be right and I should have time to move the sight. I'm shooting a Vital Bow Gear with the angled pin. Gives a great sight picture...
                              x2! I like the angled pin also.
                              09 GT500, 2011 Pure

Comment

Working...
                              X