Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Karbon--- I now have a Hunter!!

No, I didn't buy Karbon's snow. I ended up going and shooting the Hunter my dealer had today based off Karbon's review. I already knew about the grip, so that wouldn't influence me. I was curious, though, how the 29"/72# Hunter my dealer had would do for speed.

If I'm correct, the 29/70 Hunter is 310-313 ibo bare string with 350gr arrow.

I shot the Hunter with loop and peep and here are my results.

440gr arrow- 292fps !!!!

362 grain arrow-- 318.6 fps--- 5 Times in a row between 317.9 and 319.3!!!

That is blazing. I have the pics of the chorny reading on my phone and will post later tonight. This bow is incredible. The only thing I don't like is the camo (Max-1). But I can deal with it for now.

I like how the bow doesn't have the never ending valley like the Pulse I shot. It feels more natural to me. It is easy to draw, you can hold forever, and it shoots great.

It took four arrows to paper tune it. Dealer actually had to mover rest in to get it shooting perfect. I usually shoot 65-67# max, but am heading to the woods now at 72#. I truly feel Elite hit a home run here.

On a side note. My wife is extremely Pee'd off at me right now. So if I don't post for a while it's because she broke my hands. She knew how much I wanted AT snow and that I'm settling for Max-1. She also knows I'll end up getting the AT before long. That's what she's so mad about.

Oh well. It's been a good ride with her.

Well done!
    Lovin' life.

Comment

Smokin

TK,

Congrats on the new Hunter. Those numbers are smokin. Much higher then I thought.

Only one problem. Hope you got a good warm woodshed to sleep in. LOL
      13 Elite Answer Max 1 29.5/60
      08 Elite Synergy XT Next G1 29/70
      08 Elite GTO Ninja 29/60

From and live in the great State of TEXAS

Proud Member of the Texas Boys

Comment

Well done TK04! You are an inspiration to us all!

P.S. - you need to change your signature now!
        www.predatorsarchery.com
        2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - Tomater
        2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - The Manimal

Comment

CONGRATS
          2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Hi Tomkat04,

I was curious if the pulse you shot was at 60lb compared to the 72lb hunter. I've been shooting speed bows at 61-62lbs, however I'm told the hunter is just as easy to draw at 8-10 lbs more. This would give the hunter comparable performance with the higher pounds. Just need a good solid hunting bow and was wondering your take since you got to shoot both.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tomkat04 View Post
              ... I ended up going and shooting the Hunter my dealer had today
              ... I was curious how the 29"/72# Hunter would do for speed.
              ... I shot the Hunter and here are my results -- 440gr arrow- 292fps !!!!
              ... I like how the bow doesn't have the never ending valley like the Pulse
              ... I usually shoot 65-67# max, but am heading to the woods at 72#.
              ... I truly feel Elite hit a home run here.

Oh, a PULSE hater

Congratulations on your new Elite Bow, it must feel great going into the wilderness with the best bow money can buy!

Comment

sounds pretty :censored2: fast to me

Comment

Not hatin on the pulse at all. Just had to shoot it at 65# to feel comfortable. Had the Judge and the Pulse was similar to me. The Hunter is very different to me. Feels like a mix between Gto and Z to me. Can't go wrong thiis year imho. Gotta quit typing. Trying to hunt deer!

Comment

Not hatin on the pulse at all. Just had to shoot it at 65# to feel comfortable. Had the Judge and the Pulse was similar to me. The Hunter is very different to me. Feels like a mix between Gto and Z to me. Can't go wrong thiis year imho. Gotta quit typing. Trying to hunt deer!

Interesting combo to compare it to. You've got me curious now.

Almost sounds like a SynX huh Dusty

Good luck on the hunt
                    13 Elite Answer Max 1 29.5/60
                    08 Elite Synergy XT Next G1 29/70
                    08 Elite GTO Ninja 29/60

From and live in the great State of TEXAS

Proud Member of the Texas Boys

Comment

This is funny.

Congrats on a fine bow TK.

Comment

Congrats on the Hunter. Man , I cait wait for mine to show!!!
                        2014 Energy 35

Comment

No, I didn't buy Karbon's snow. I ended up going and shooting the Hunter my dealer had today based off Karbon's review. I already knew about the grip, so that wouldn't influence me. I was curious, though, how the 29"/72# Hunter my dealer had would do for speed.

If I'm correct, the 29/70 Hunter is 310-313 ibo bare string with 350gr arrow.

I shot the Hunter with loop and peep and here are my results.

440gr arrow- 292fps !!!!

362 grain arrow-- 318.6 fps--- 5 Times in a row between 317.9 and 319.3!!!

That is blazing. I have the pics of the chorny reading on my phone and will post later tonight. This bow is incredible. The only thing I don't like is the camo (Max-1). But I can deal with it for now.

I like how the bow doesn't have the never ending valley like the Pulse I shot. It feels more natural to me. It is easy to draw, you can hold forever, and it shoots great.

It took four arrows to paper tune it. Dealer actually had to mover rest in to get it shooting perfect. I usually shoot 65-67# max, but am heading to the woods now at 72#. I truly feel Elite hit a home run here.

On a side note. My wife is extremely Pee'd off at me right now. So if I don't post for a while it's because she broke my hands. She knew how much I wanted AT snow and that I'm settling for Max-1. She also knows I'll end up getting the AT before long. That's what she's so mad about.

The center shot on the hunters are in more. Thats the first thing I notice when setting them up. Very good hunting bow for some one that likes a short bow. Good luck with your new bow.

Comment

Congrats on your Hunter and good luck on getting a deer!

Comment

No deer sightings tonight. Going to do a little more shooting in the a.m. and then go out tomorrow night again. I have to do the chores (kissing mama's ) and will get pics up. Took some in the stand tonight. I even left the tag on the bow for good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X