Pulse vs. Z7 Extreme Hard decision?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulse vs. Z7 Extreme Hard decision?

Im down to these two bows. Price is the same so that is a none issue. I shot the Z7 and Pulse yesterday, I liked them both a lot. I will mainly use them for hunting and some 3d shooting. I want to go back and shoot the Z7 extreme one last time before I make a decision. What is everyone elses take? Dont be biased because you own an elite. Thank You.

I had a Mathews that I bought new! My question is, if you have a problem, that may be questioned by the company, will your dealer stand behind you 100%? Or maybe, just maybe, would you have to contact the company yourself? I have been waiting almost 3 years for a call back, and/or an email from, you guessed it, it's not Elite!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcflygb View Post
      Im down to these two bows. Price is the same so that is a none issue. I shot the Z7 and Pulse yesterday, I liked them both a lot. I will mainly use them for hunting and some 3d shooting. I want to go back and shoot the Z7 extreme one last time before I make a decision. What is everyone elses take? Dont be biased because you own an elite. Thank You.

Mama says single cams are the debil!
      Help Save the Indiana Archery Season http://www.protectindianaoutdoorsports.com
      LONESOME ELK ARCHERY
      Team Tiger Blood

Comment

Are you shooting the Z7 w/o a stab? If not, try it.

Do you do any long distance shooting, i.e. great than the sweet ~20 yards that many deer in tree-stands are taken? I'd say the short ATA Z7 is built towards a nice 20-30 yard shot. The Pulse is going to work in that sweet spot plus a wider range of shots.

Also, the wall of these 2 bows are night & day different. The Pulse is going to have the legendary Elite hard-rock back wall. The Z7 is going to be spongy. What type of wall do you like to shoot off of?

I know a deer doesn't look at your bow and keel over dead…but aesthetically speaking, I much prefer the look of the Elite Pulse over the Z7.
        www.predatorsarchery.com
        2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - Tomater
        2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - The Manimal
        2015 Elite Synergy 29.5" 70#

Comment

Two different animals. I've only shot the Z. The lack of a solid wall on the Z bothers me. The draw specific cam is not a favorite of mine either. I will say that if you are a die hard bow hunter, it's a fine bow. Although there are others I would prefer, I'd hunt with it.

As mentioned, give the Hunter a hard look.
          "Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"
          cartersarchery.com Home of the Zen Master Bow Guru

Comment

Last January I bought a new Z7, and I thought it was the best bow I had ever shot. Spent the spring and summer shooting it and loving it........but I kept reading about these ELITE bows.

So after my curiosity got the best of me, I found a dealer and went to shoot a Z28. Liked it and brought it home. I had ALL intentions of keeping both......until after about 2 weeks shooting both side by side. I then realized the differences to ME, and the Z28 stood HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the Z7.

Less than a week later, and almost time for bow season to open, I sold the Z7 and focused on the Z28. I have since bought a PURE, sold the Z28 and have a PULSE on order.

Elite as a company has it's priority correct......They are so ridiculously efficient with customer service, and they just make things RIGHT.

So for me......ELITE!!!!
            '11 PULSE AT MAX1 29/62, Ripcord Code Red, Boss Hogg, Doinker Dish, Tilt Tamer!!!
            '11 Hunter AT Snow 29/64, Ripcord Code Red, Tommy Hogg, Tilt Tamer!!!

Comment

Your going toave much more speed form the Pulse and much better draw and fit and finish.
              Elite Pure

Comment

I shot the extreme at local shops open house. It did shoot well, but I thought the elites were better in my opinion in every category. Plus where else can you pm the owner of the bow company and get his input into a problem or anything in general.

No matter what anybody says its your decision. I have a destroyer that I was about to sell before I sent it to have strings installed and tuned. Some people don't like the bow but I do for hunting. But with that said I think it is gonna be pushed to backup when I decide between a Hunter and Pulse for my 2nd Elite in the stable.
                2011Elite Pure- AT/Snow 29/70-Custom Strings-QC Ranger w/CBE scope, Limbdriver, Stokerized Stab

2006 E-500 All Rev'd Up!! Predator camo, custom strings by hartofthethumb, Axcel Pro, Limbdriver, matching Stokerized SS1!!!

2012 Answer 29/60 QAD HDX, Axcel Pro, Stokerized!!!!
                ******Manchester Outdoors!!! ELITE, STOKERIZED, CBE, SCOTT, VAPOR TRAIL, & other accessories******

Comment

I owned and liked Mathews bows for 4 years and included it in my search for a new bow. I now have an 60lb Ninja Elite Pulse. I own one because the easy draw, the smoothness, the solid solid backwall, the finish and the speed made it heads above the others I tried including the Z7 (and I tried them all).

The easy/smooth draw for a speed bow and the solid backwall make the hunting aspect so much nicer when it's go time.. The other characteristics, I don't even notice in the heat of the moment but make practicing more pleasurable.....
                  2011 Elite Ninja Pulse --"The Reaper"

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosierflogger View Post
                    Mama says single cams are the debil!
                    That is funny!!!
                    '11 PULSE AT MAX1 29/62, Ripcord Code Red, Boss Hogg, Doinker Dish, Tilt Tamer!!!
                    '11 Hunter AT Snow 29/64, Ripcord Code Red, Tommy Hogg, Tilt Tamer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcflygb View Post
                      ... Im down to these two bows (Z7 and Pulse).
                      ... I shot the Z7 and Pulse yesterday
                      ... I liked them both a lot.
                      ... I will mainly use them for hunting and some 3d shooting.

Both are fantastic Bows, you'll find the Elite to be built of the highest materials and craftsmanship; fit and finish on the Elite Bows can not be beat.

I'd been with Mathews since they released the 2005 Switchback; to this day that bow is hard to beat.

Your making the same decision that faced me just a few weeks ago! My original thought was to go for the fastest smallest Bow and forgo any benefit from the longer ATA, etc. However, I've been a Traditional practitioner since the age of 18 months. My thoughts soon turned to my favorite wood bows and they were on avg 60" from ntn.

Frankly, anything compound related is grossly smaller in length then my Wood Bows. So, I got the best of both worlds, I went with the ELITE PURE. It has the smoothest draw and best back-wall out of the dozens of Bows, I've tested. That decision was really easy, ELITE.

Last edited by Schpankme; 01-06-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I know you said no bias opinion. You will not get a non-biased opinion by posting this question here on EAF.

My personal non-biased opinion is that the Z is a great bow and the Pulse is a whole different beast. The only way to pick one is to buy both and shoot them for awhile and you will know which one to sell. Good Luck!

My biased opinion is that the Z and Pulse are not even in the same league.

I loved the DXT and was my first bow but after shooting the Z28, the DXT basically collected dust in the basement. The ZXT with a 28" ATA is even shorter, just not my flavor.
                        Last edited by mongopino915; 01-05-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

ask this question on the mathews forum and it will be all z7... if you like they way both feel, hold, and shoot the same, i would go with what you think looks nicer, i cant stand the gridlock riser...
                          Under Construction...

Comment

I know this isnt exactly what your comparing, but i went from a switchback to a gt500 and wouldnt go back. For me it was the difference in the backwall and valley. I havent shot a bow that compares in that area. The pulse i tested has a great back wall and valley as well, i hope to get one some day soon.

Shoot them both again and get the one that feels best
                            GT500

Comment

I forgot about mentioning the grip in being a major factor to my Elite choice above as well. I switch out the grip on my Mathews a week after I owned it..
                              2011 Elite Ninja Pulse --"The Reaper"

Comment

Working...
                              X