What gives.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gives.....

Well I just got my latest issue of Petersens Bowhunting. The outside cover said "22 Top New Models for 2008". In looking at the article, here is what was there: PSE, Mathews, Hoyt, BowTech, Fred Bear,Sims, Martin, Darton,Browning, Missions,Whisper Creek, HORTON???, APA???Pearson, Rytera, Innerloc??? Liberty??????????????????????????? High Country. Some are exptected to see there. But WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE Horton, APA, Innerlock, and of all things Liberty coming from in being considered TOP models for 2008?
    Team Deflate <>< Letten the air out...one deer at a time!!
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis aka Bowdacious
    B-Stinger VBG

i hear ya! i just got an issue of bowhunting world and they had an article on the 8 hottest bows for 08. Guess who was not included.........elite!
    Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Comment

It's crazy, to put a NOVELTY bow in there like Liberty......PLEASE!!!!! One mag has 8 bows, another 22........I have never written a letter to a magazine, this is going to be my first.
      B-Stinger VBG

Comment

For the most part, it is all in who pays to get a bow in!!
        I shoot what feels the best, who will make it this year??

Comment

Thats why I dont subscribe to either mag....its a big comic book!
          I split arrows on command

Comment

Originally posted by Archery-Addiction View Post
            Yep, and there are several companies on that list that I wouldn't exactly say are "freinds" with Elite. What it comes down to is that Elite doesn't give them any advertising dollars and the others do and there is inherent pressure (as well as no financial incentive) to put an Elite bow in their tests. Until Elite starts advertising, they are not going to get a free ride from companies (magazines or websites) that make their money off of advertising sales. There is no free lunch. If you look at the other side of the coin, you would clearly understand why Elite doesnt' appear in any magazines. Writing a letter is a waste of time - I assure you it will end up in the trash after the first "Elite" word passes under their eyes.

Comment

Petersen's Bowhunting has "REVIEWS" of new products in all of their magazines. When was the last time you saw any comments on the product? If you read the review it basically is an advertisement for the product. It just states specs, and talks about it, basically the same info you can find on the manufacturers website.

I would like to see the article say "This bow kicks like a mule" or "All things considered... I would pass on this bow"

As consumers give us something we can use! Not every item for sale is a good one, and apparently consumers reports is one of the few who will tell it like it is! These hunting mags have no balls! They are afraid of losing advertising dollars!

It gets frustrating to buy a magazine with 125 pages that has 2 articles, 100 pages of paid advertisements, and 15 pages of BS reviews.

Comment

I've posted about this before, it's all about the advertising dollars. Look through the mag and I'll bet you find that most of those companies have an ad in there.

They could list the top 100 bow companies and you still wouldn't see Elite mentioned as long as they aren't spending advertising dollars.

Unfortunate that they don't feel an obligation to their readers to print the unbiased truth. Obviously most of their revenue comes from advertising and not subscriptions.
                '08 1/2 Elite GT-500 70lb 30"
                '08 1/2 Elite Z-28 70lb 30"

Double the LOVE!!

Comment

My message to Petersens....

Mr Stangis,
                  I am an avid reader of your magazine. I have been a subscriber for quite a few years now. In the neighborhood of 10+ years. The recent issue I received in the mail, May/June 2008, had a teaser on the front of the cover, about 22 Top Bows. I was looking at the article with great anticipation. In review of the article, I noticed that Elite Bows were not one of the top 22 bows. I would like to point to the high quality of these bows, in areas of Finish, Craftsmanship, speed, and customer service from the manufacturer. To not include Elite bows as one of the top 22 represents an area of neglegence on your part. The thing I do find most odd, is that the Liberty 1 was indeed listed as one of the 22. In my honest opinion this is a novelty bow, at best. I know this particular bow has been mentioned in several years past, in similar articles. If you have not heard of Elite, or are unfamiliar with them, I might suggest you check their web site. www.elitearchery.com. Shoot the GTO, or the Fire from Elite. They are a newer company, but not brand new. I believe production began in 2006. Elite is no novelty. They do deserve recogntion for a top 22 bow, some would suggest number one. That is something everyone must decide for themselves. I shoot an Elite, I also shoot a Mathews, and have shot Bear, Jennings, Indian, and PSE. So I do have some knowledge of what I am talking about. With 18 years of bow hunting, and bow shooting experience. I thank you for your time, and suggest you look at this manufacturer, they are one if the top 22 without question.
                  Sincerely,
                  Tim V Narber
                  B-Stinger VBG

Comment

Originally posted by tnarb View Post
                    Mr Stangis,
                    I am an avid reader of your magazine. I have been a subscriber for quite a few years now. In the neighborhood of 10+ years. The recent issue I received in the mail, May/June 2008, had a teaser on the front of the cover, about 22 Top Bows. I was looking at the article with great anticipation. In review of the article, I noticed that Elite Bows were not one of the top 22 bows. I would like to point to the high quality of these bows, in areas of Finish, Craftsmanship, speed, and customer service from the manufacturer. To not include Elite bows as one of the top 22 represents an area of neglegence on your part. The thing I do find most odd, is that the Liberty 1 was indeed listed as one of the 22. In my honest opinion this is a novelty bow, at best. I know this particular bow has been mentioned in several years past, in similar articles. If you have not heard of Elite, or are unfamiliar with them, I might suggest you check their web site. www.elitearchery.com. Shoot the GTO, or the Fire from Elite. They are a newer company, but not brand new. I believe production began in 2006. Elite is no novelty. They do deserve recogntion for a top 22 bow, some would suggest number one. That is something everyone must decide for themselves. I shoot an Elite, I also shoot a Mathews, and have shot Bear, Jennings, Indian, and PSE. So I do have some knowledge of what I am talking about. With 18 years of bow hunting, and bow shooting experience. I thank you for your time, and suggest you look at this manufacturer, they are one if the top 22 without question.
                    Sincerely,
                    Tim V Narber

Let us know if you hear anything back. I am sure you won't and if you do it will likely be a generic reply. Stated well without coming off to fanboyish. I really don't think it will change anything though.

Comment

I just bought my first elite bow envy #104 and i dont think i'll ever shoot anything other than elite. I think those of us who shoot elite bows know what the best bows are we dont need some mag to decide for us.
                      ENVY #104

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC/R Hunter View Post
                        Let us know if you hear anything back. I am sure you won't and if you do it will likely be a generic reply. Stated well without coming off to fanboyish. I really don't think it will change anything though.
                        Agreed - well written, but until Elite starts putting money in their pocket, don't expect a response or an appearnance in their magazine. I doubt anyone at Elite expects to show up prior to that either.

Comment

Originally posted by tnarb View Post
                          It's crazy, to put a NOVELTY bow in there like Liberty......PLEASE!!!!! One mag has 8 bows, another 22........I have never written a letter to a magazine, this is going to be my first.
                          +1 I think Im gonna do the same...i think we all should.
                          Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Comment

HVAC R-Hunter. I know I will probably get a generic reply if anything at all, I know that dollars from advertising is what keeps these guys in a pay check. But is just made me feel better. I'll let you guys know.
                            B-Stinger VBG

Comment

Originally posted by Archery-Addiction View Post

Yep! It sure is and I for one ain't buying what they are sellin

Element
                              Tommy Hogg- TTFC- Tight Spot Quiver

Gut Piles Make Me Happy

Comment

Working...
                              X