Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Torque Chart-Updated 2-20-2011

Hello,
    I just tested the new Prime bow and added the results to my chart.
    If you like archery technical info this is for you.
    Have fun and ponder the results!
    Comments or questions are welcome
    oldbuck

Any idea what the Pure would be? Thanks for posting this Oldbuck.
    2011 ninja Pure
    2008 GTO, AT edition,70#

Comment

Like to test a Pure

Originally posted by 3drchr View Post
      Any idea what the Pure would be? Thanks for posting this Oldbuck.
      Hello,
      I don't have one to test, but I think its a modified GT500 which did pretty good.

Ask Elite to send me one to test and I'll post the results.

I would really like to test the Tour, that looks like a winner!

thanks
      oldbuck

Comment

That is surprising to see the Centroid is the same as the Vantage Elite Plus...and somewhat disappointing. I thought the Centroid would have been better. Maybe I don't understand the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by alaz View Post
          That is surprising to see the Centroid is the same as the Vantage Elite Plus...and somewhat disappointing. I thought the Centroid would have been better. Maybe I don't understand the idea.
          Exactly what I first thought. Quite surprising.
          Ive only experience with the BT flex guard first hand, but this makes me think the flex and bent rods just don't unload as much side torque as a tilt tamer does.

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
            Exactly what I first thought. Quite surprising.
            Ive only experience with the BT flex guard first hand, but this makes me think the flex and bent rods just don't unload as much side torque as a tilt tamer does.
            Perhaps bc they are not so tuneable, just a solution "for everybody" ... I am anxious to try the Tilt Tamer myself Lonnie; how are you liking yours after those weeks tinkering?
            FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER FOR: ELITE , FIRENOCK, GAS PRO
            LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
            ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
            ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->

Comment

Originally posted by superdiablo View Post
              Perhaps bc they are not so tuneable, just a solution "for everybody" ... I am anxious to try the Tilt Tamer myself Lonnie; how are you liking yours after those weeks tinkering?
              Im really liking it.
              One thing you will like Jav, is that the "limits" the slide can be set at, or full draw and at rest positions are controllable. So with your thin arrows and small vanes you can set the at rest position(probabaly close to where your offset rod had you clearance or closer) to eliminate some of the side loading, then of course the full draw can also be set.
              I can't wait to hear what you think Javier, this is right up your alley.
              Last edited by L-train; 03-02-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Why not just offer a cable guard that has a bend to it? Would it not provide the same reduced torque and fletching clearance with out the added weight?
                2011 Pure
                Max 1 80LB 31" 444GR......326 FPS
                2011 Pure
                Snow Camo with carbon fiber limbs! 70LB 31" 355GR....330 FPS

Comment

I had been hearing some really great reports on that bow (which it still may be) but very interesting findings.
                  RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fletch View Post
                    Why not just offer a cable guard that has a bend to it? Would it not provide the same reduced torque and fletching clearance with out the added weight?
                    No, the Tilt Tamer is a step ahead of the bent rods. Since at full draw the vanes projection would hit the cables, it allows for lesser torque; think that cables at full draw can be tuned/placed so that they are 1mm away from the shaft itself!
                    Go to its web page and carefully observ the video and youŽll see what we mean.

http://tilttamer.com/
                    LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
                    ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
                    ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
                      Im really liking it.
                      One thing you will like Jav, is that the "limits" the slide can be set at, or full draw and at rest positions are controllable. So with your thin arrows and small vanes you can set the at rest position(probabaly close to where your offset rod had you clearance or closer) to eliminate some of the side loading, then of course the full draw can also be set.
                      I can't wait to hear what you think Javier, this is right up your alley.

Two more weeks (one more time)!
                      Updates on your 4x2" GasPro?

Comment

No, the Tilt Tamer is a step ahead of the bent rods. Since at full draw the vanes projection would hit the cables, it allows for lesser torque; think that cables at full draw can be tuned/placed so that they are 1mm away from the shaft itself!

Not totally disagreeing with you, I'm sure you know your stuff but if the mount is solid and does not move during the draw cycle the Tilt Tamer would in affect be similar to the bent cable guards companies tested years ago. I do understand that this is adjustable and could be adapted to each bows clearance needs but a bent cable rod could be bent to the specs of each companies bow. Great in theory but with the added weight of the mount an the extra arm I am curious how the average bow would balance...Good information and this reduced torque will help all shooters....Some bow companies are using them still.... Check out Darton DS 3800.... they have a curved rod...Then you have the Bowtechs of the world out with the flexible cable guards that will greatly reduce the torque caused from the typical guards...
                        Last edited by 3Fletch; 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM.
                        2011 Pure
                        Max 1 80LB 31" 444GR......326 FPS
                        2011 Pure
                        Snow Camo with carbon fiber limbs! 70LB 31" 355GR....330 FPS

Comment

Does the tilt tamer bring the cables into your sight window like some of the flex guards. I would love to see a product that is not an add on, but made specific to bows like strings stops, but I imagine this would be costly.

Comment

I am not sure how the cables with hit the vanes at full draw, perhaps I am misunderstanding you.

Comment

Originally posted by alaz View Post
                              Does the tilt tamer bring the cables into your sight window like some of the flex guards. I would love to see a product that is not an add on, but made specific to bows like strings stops, but I imagine this would be costly.
                              The cables are in the sight window by virtue of the cables being straight off the cams at full draw. It didn't bother me while shooting. They were far enough form the pins it didn't cause any blockage.
                              2014 E32
                              2011 PULSE AP
                              TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                              Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                              Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Working...
                              X