Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small target fletchings....Why do you shoot them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small target fletchings....Why do you shoot them?

Just curious, Why do people shoot small target fletchings? Look at the numbers Elite is putting up, it can't be a weight factor.......
    XLR 60lb
    XLR 70lb
    Mathews Apex (sale pending)
    Hoyt Protec
    Suffer from BO-CD!

Good question. I have been using 2" Blazer vanes going on three years but in August started experimenting with 1.5" mini Blazers and fletching my arrows with 4 of them at 90 degrees and seeing awesome results outside in windy conditions. I have also shot broadheads with this combination and they fly great as well. I know they are lighter but I'm not looking for more speed but maybe just an "edge". I think alot of how you shoot depends on confidence and if you think using something will give you an edge you may even shoot better. Does that make sense?

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
    Elite Archery Pro Staff
    Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
      Good question. I have been using 2" Blazer vanes going on three years but in August started experimenting with 1.5" mini Blazers and fletching my arrows with 4 of them at 90 degrees and seeing awesome results outside in windy conditions. I have also shot broadheads with this combination and they fly great as well. I know they are lighter but I'm not looking for more speed but maybe just an "edge". I think alot of how you shoot depends on confidence and if you think using something will give you an edge you may even shoot better. Does that make sense?

TEXAS
      makes alot of sense to me. There is no doubt a big psychological aspect to it. If something makes you feel more confident then you will be more relaxed when the pressure is on & more sure of your shot.
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Tough Antler Tees Custom T-shirts, Hoodies, Camo, & Hats
      +++ My IBO speed for shipping is 390-400 FPS!
      New Revamped Website coming soon!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

I shoot the same fletch as Tex. After reading JerryNJs testing of the 4 Mini Blazers. This setup spins my arrow more than 3 blazers, flys a fixed blade BH perfect and I do notice less wind effect with them.

Comment

I use them for less wind affect as stated by the others
          Synergy XT

Comment

i shoot quickspin speed hunter st's and love them. they are way more accurate than the crap blazer vanes. those blazer vanes did not impress me at all. im hooked on quickspins. i also like the duravane savages. you cannot hurt those vanes. they are really tough and are silent in flight.
            Elite Z28 AP Camo 28" / 60 lbs.
            Bear Attack Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.
            Bear Truth Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.

Comment

I use them for both more speed,and less wind drift. I also found that a heavy arrow drifts less than my lighter shafts. so the smaller vanes seem to be the ticket with a little heavier arrow. As for hunting the smaller quick spins hunters or Blazers work great at speeding up the arrow and controlling the Broadhead.
              No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

I like those new Flash by Fletch Flex vanes
                2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

Fletches on arrows are used to stabilize the arrows flight, the larger the fletch or vane the more stabilization.
                  The negitive effect of this is drag which slows the arrow down, the further the arrow is shot the slower the arrow will impact your target.
                  therefore for every situation hunting/target you need to come to some compromise as to how much stabilization you need. If you are shooting with broadhead you will need more fletching then with a target point.
                  Your form will also have some effect on the size and type of fletching you need as your release effects the strings path therefore the arrow flight.

Comment

Honestly, I use the short vanes, because... well, they look cool.
                    Elite Archery Dealer
                    Carbon Express Dealer
                    Sword Accusite
                    IDF4L

Comment

I have been using the blazers but might try these Bi-Deltas. There is a thread about them in the AT manufacturers section

Comment

Nap

I use the NAP Quick Spin S/T. I found by conducting some research with various vanes 4",2.5",2" and 1.5" the best ones for a truely tight pattern are the NAP S/T's. Also if you fletch your own or have someone else fletch them for you, just make sure they do not go more then 2deg. Right. The NAP Spins are designed for between streight and up to 2 deg. RIGHT...NOT FOR MORE....
                        2-E-Force Fall Camo
                        1-E-500 Fall Camo
                        08-Aigil Fall Camo
                        09- GT-500 AP Camo
                        09-Z-28 AP Camo

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Honestly, I use the short vanes, because... well, they look cool.

Ditto, but Im diggin the 4 vane setup like tex. Thinkin about giving it a try.
                          I split arrows on command

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post

TEXAS
                            Texas I sent you a PM, I have a question for you.
                            Gripwerks Staff Shooter

E-500
                            E-Force
                            Alien X
                            Sentinel
                            Captain
                            Energy
                            BT Allegiance

Comment

IMO.. You just can't beat good ole feathers
                              2009 Elite GT500
                              2010 Elite JUDGE