Pure Dilema!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Dilema!

I have had my Pure now for a month or so, and there is nothing about this bow that I don't like. That being said, I still like my XLR more. I am also going to be getting a Tour, (on order), and if the reviews are any indication, this may be my new go-to bow. Now, honestly, I probably have not given the Pure a fair chance as I have been shooting my XLR for leagues, but I just don't seem to have as much confidence in it. I don't really know what to do...sell the Pure, trade the Pure for a Hunter and sell my Z28, or just keep the Pure and give it a little more time? What do you all think?
    2008.5 XLR
    2010 Z28
    2011 Pure
    2011 Tour

shoot what your confident in

Comment

How many hooks do you have in the garage?
      2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
      Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Originally posted by nagster View Post
        shoot what your confident in
        This is exactly my way of thinking, I bought the Pure, for the added speed, to be my outdoor 3D bow. But now I am wondering if it will ever be able to surpass my XLR. I have always believed accuracy to far outweigh speed, but now I am experiencing it first hand.
        2008.5 XLR
        2010 Z28
        2011 Pure
        2011 Tour

Comment

Originally posted by shootstraight View Post
          How many hooks do you have in the garage?
          More hooks then bows, but the number is getting closer and and closer...
          2008.5 XLR
          2010 Z28
          2011 Pure
          2011 Tour

Comment

I know how you feel. I like my new Pure, but it ain't no XXL. I, too, bought it for the extra speed, but it's taking some getting used to. I might buy a Tour, but you can't buy what nobodys got. And I ain't waiting on a bow more than 3-4 weeks from noone.
            2011 Ninja Elite Pure
            2008 Camo Elite XXL
            2008 Blue Elite XXL
            Victory Arrows & Limbdriver Rest

Comment

I felt the same way with my GT500 when I got the Hunter. I thought why did I buy this bow when my GT500 is a great bow? That was until I spent more time shooting the Hunter and it grew on me and I think now it will be my number one hunting bow.
              LH Energy 35
              LH GT500
              LH Judge

Comment

Originally posted by deerct101 View Post
                I felt the same way with my GT500 when I got the Hunter. I thought why did I buy this bow when my GT500 is a great bow? That was until I spent more time shooting the Hunter and it grew on me and I think now it will be my number one hunting bow.
                Same predicament I had, but I sold my Hunter. I love the GT500.
                I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
                2014 RTX Elite Energy 35, 60lbs, 29", GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal ,Bstinger Sport, Slick Tricks and Hammer Heads.

Comment

Just wondering your 3.d shoots are they ASA?
                  Because the XLR is no Pure for IBO shoots in my opinion. Indoors I cant say the XLR isnt a better choice but for 3.d its Pure for me. smooth with plenty of speed. Of course Im a long arm draw so speed has never been a issue either.
                  Matter of fact I dont think my indoor scores prove much either way lol!
                  I say because you have it give it some time to show you what its got. If you dont like it or really dont want to risk it then maybe a trade off is what you should do.
                  No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Originally posted by TANC View Post
                    I know how you feel. I like my new Pure, but it ain't no XXL. I, too, bought it for the extra speed, but it's taking some getting used to. I might buy a Tour, but you can't buy what nobodys got. And I ain't waiting on a bow more than 3-4 weeks from noone.

Tanc, you like the XXL better than the pure?

YETI ARCHERY

CUSTOM GRIPS AND SIDE PLATES
                    "If you can dream it, I can build it."

Comment

I like them all, but I have two XXL's I would not part with. And if I found the right one, I'd buy another one. With LONG draws, that extra brace height means a lot for accuracy. And, frankly, I hear all this talk about how smooth the Pure is, but I'd rather draw the XXL. But let's give it some time to change my mind.
                      2011 Ninja Elite Pure
                      2008 Camo Elite XXL
                      2008 Blue Elite XXL
                      Victory Arrows & Limbdriver Rest

Comment

[QUOTE=Maybee-R;406800]Just wondering your 3.d shoots are they ASA?
                        Because the XLR is no Pure for IBO shoots in my opinion. Indoors I cant say the XLR isnt a better choice but for 3.d its Pure for me. smooth with plenty of speed. Of course Im a long arm draw so speed has never been a issue either.
                        Matter of fact I dont think my indoor scores prove much either way lol!
                        I say because you have it give it some time to show you what its got. If you dont like it or really dont want to risk it then maybe a trade off is what you should do.[/QUOTE
                        When I shoot at 3D tournaments, which is nearly every weekend, it is always for fun, with my friends. This is not saying we don't compete, but most of the shoots we do are not santioned events, so the compeition is among us. I have been using my XLR for this type of shooting for the last two years, and I use it for my summer 3D leagues also. Needless to say, I really love this bow. I really hav not had a chance to shoot the Pure outside and shootfor a little distance, so I may keep it until I do, as I said, I really can't say anything bad about it.
                        2008.5 XLR
                        2010 Z28
                        2011 Pure
                        2011 Tour

Comment

I know exactly what your facing!
                          My xlr has been my best shooting bow, hands down, that I have shot for 3-D....or for that matter best shooting bow period!
                          When I bought my Pure....I started shooting it...and to be honest at first I wasnt sure what to think....I mean its a great bow, felt nice, but.....In my mind my xlr still was "the" bow.
                          BUT.......the more time I spend shooting the Pure.....the more and more I was liking it.....I have spent time shooting it at various yardages getting ready for 3-D....and I will tell you this....the bow shoots!
                          I never thought I would say this......but right now....that Pure is shooting better than I ever did with the xlr! In fact.....IF I WAS FORCED to sell one and keep only one of the two.......it would be a tough call!
                          My mind would say keep the xlr......its proven.......But the way that the Pure is shooting right now......boy...I dont know.......Just my thoughts!

Comment

I shoot both every week XLR for spots. Pure for 3-d. I had a big 3-d shoot this past weekend and almost switched to the xlr the day before because it shot so well. I 'm glad I didnt the pure shot awesome. I would go with the pure for a 3-d bow unless your shooting bowhunter stakes that max out in the 35 yard range.

Comment

XXL is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X