X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" grim reaper vs ball joint

I know I'll get blasted for not having pictures. But I have now clue how to do it and the wifes at work. So heres the verbal account. I tested the 1 3/8 100 grain reaper 2 months ago. It lasted 5 shots through the ball joint and shoulder blade with out damage. The last few shots were through 2 shoulder blades taped together and I shot and hit the T in the blades. I gave it a A+ I was real happy. Last night I shot the 2" version into a new shoulder. First shot was a glancing hit actually shaved a chunk of bone off the joint. The head lost a blade. The next shot was dead center. Ball joint completely shattered. The head was bent a little and snapped a blade but I believe it still would of got the job done. I guess the summary is if you want a shoulder breaking head that its tough as nails go with the 1 3/8". If you want a huge hole on every shot but a ball joint go with a the 2". I think I'll be sticking with the 2" this year.

I had a reaper last something like 100 shots into a block and a 18-in-one.

Durable mech head...
    2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Picked me up a pack of the 2inch one for turkey this year. Really impressed with the flight of them. Hit same place as my field points out to 30yrds. Haven't shot them past that. Can you replace the blades on them?
      2011Elite Pure- AT/Snow 29/70-Custom Strings-QC Ranger w/CBE scope, Limbdriver, Stokerized Stab

2006 E-500 All Rev'd Up!! Predator camo, custom strings by hartofthethumb, Axcel Pro, Limbdriver, matching Stokerized SS1!!!

2012 Answer 29/60 QAD HDX, Axcel Pro, Stokerized!!!!
      ******Manchester Outdoors!!! ELITE, STOKERIZED, CBE, SCOTT, VAPOR TRAIL, & other accessories******

Comment

you can replace the blades
        2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

I have been shooting the 2" GR's for several years and have absolutely no complaints. I use these on hogs and they do a great job. You can replace the blades and it is very simple to do. I have a hard time finding the replacement blades though.

Comment

I have used Reapers for years now and truely love them. Them and 1 other mechanical are the only ones I will use with the Reaper being my fav. I did not use them this year because of the cost. That is my only complaint as the cost of new and the replacement parts have gotten so high.

Other then that they are Killers for sure.
            13 Elite Answer Max 1 29.5/60
            08 Elite Synergy XT Next G1 29/70
            08 Elite GTO Ninja 29/60

From and live in the great State of TEXAS

Proud Member of the Texas Boys

Comment

Working...
            X