Sight is almost in the way of arrows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sight is almost in the way of arrows?

I dont know whats wrong but I had to lower my sight to get it too shoot . I meen I lowered the bracket from pin housing and still had too drop it down a bunch never had this problem before it shoots well at 20 yards Im stacking arrows . I havent shot longer due too weather . I have the arrows just slightly higher than center of berger holes . could my nock height be too high? Or is it just the way it is for me?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5e1bd969256683b57f787109be6850c4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	19913

heres picture am I ok not getting contact

Comment

Sounds like a form issue, probably your anchor point is high in your face ... Can you post a pic of yourself at normal shooting position?
      FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER FOR: ELITE , FIRENOCK, GAS PRO
      LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
      ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
      ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->

Comment

Anchoring high cause your peep is too low. Give yourself more distance from the nocking point to the peep.
        2011 Ninja Elite Pure
        2008 Camo Elite XXL
        2008 Blue Elite XXL
        Victory Arrows & Limbdriver Rest

Comment

Not yet, home for lunch no one to take pics. I will tonight. Its weird to me I was shooting 20 yards indoor yesterday after I set the sight like that and was shooting all x's with a hunting sight slapping arrows even tore a fletch and this is in the first 50 arrows I put thru the bow. I should leave it alone but I know it isnt right.

Comment

Originally posted by TANC View Post
            Anchoring high cause your peep is too low. Give yourself more distance from the nocking point to the peep.
            I had them install a new peep I anchor with the tip of my nose to string .I close my eyes when I draw anchored then open my eyes to set peep location feels good nothing different than I've done for years bow draw length Is a 1/2 inch shorter than I'm used too (Mod on order) but Ive shot other bows at 29 inches. I have a little longer loop to help.

Comment

Its really hard to see your pic, but it looks like you arrow is too high in the berger holes.

Comment

Also looks nock high, but your fingers in the way.

Comment

I had a similar issue with my Hunter and a Spott Hogg sight couldn't get enough veritcle travel. Bought a drop mount and couldn't get enough travel to the right after installing the drop mount. Traded the Hogg for an HHA single pin and problem was solved.
                  LH Energy 35
                  LH GT500
                  LH Judge

Comment

Yea, it looks like the bottom of your arrow is flush with the top of the berger holes. Kinda hard to tell though. Is that right? It should be close to dead center thru the berger holes.

Comment

this must be an Elite thing because i have the same issue, not as bad but my sight is way lower than on any other bow i have had, my index knuckle is under my earlobe and my string crosses the tip on my nose, i shot many bows like this and elite is the only one where my sight is that low. If somebody has a different brand of bow they should measure from the burger hole to the sight mounting holes and compare them.

Comment

If it's like this at 20 yards, how do you think it's gonna be at 50 or greater? Yep. MUCH worse. One of the things we field shooters fight is enough room at 80 yards. But not 20. It shouldn't even be close at 20. The heavier an arrow and slower a bow, the worse this is.

You can lower your rest and nocking point till the arrow covers the berger holes (which I would do), but I don't think you'll find this helps much. If it's truly in tune, your peep to nocking point seperation has to increase, which will affect how you anchor and give you more clearance between sight and arrow.

For the record, I saw a guy yesterday shooting through paper and getting a perfect bullet hole. Problem is he looked like he was shooting at his feet. This means that perfect hole is really nock low. So be sure your tuning is on a perfect parallel to level ground. In his case, proper adjustment would make him shoot lower and need to lower his sight. Maybe yours is fine ?
                        Last edited by TANC; 03-16-2011, 04:25 PM.
                        2011 Ninja Elite Pure
                        2008 Camo Elite XXL
                        2008 Blue Elite XXL
                        Victory Arrows & Limbdriver Rest

Comment

Originally posted by ntypicl11 View Post
                          Its really hard to see your pic, but it looks like you arrow is too high in the berger holes.
                          that was the first thing i saw in the picture also. (top angle with the camera but the bottom of the berger holes are showing. should be seeing the top of the holes with that camera angle)
                          Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

Slide the 20 pin lower in the sight housing can help also.
                            Looks like the rest is too high like others said. reset the nock and arrow to 90 degrees with the berger holes.
                            Lower housing like that is usually from a high anchor or low peep.
                            No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

I too think your rest is set too high, I'd fix that first. If that is a fixed pin sight, and your 20 yard pin is toward the top of the housing and you are not having clearance issues with your fletchings, then I would think you should be OK.
                              2008.5 XLR
                              2010 Z28
                              2011 Pure
                              2011 Tour

Comment

Working...
                              X