I find it hard to get caught up in all the evo hype

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it hard to get caught up in all the evo hype

I am not saying its a bad bow but have had a chance to set up a couple and shoot a few. The draw is smooth but fairly stiff say compared to the Pulse at very similar speeds.
    At 29" it has very little valley I would say about like my Carbon Matrix + at 29" with the #2 cams. After the shot it does have very little shock or vibration bare bow even and hold well on target. Strings are much better than in the past I might add as well. The balance is a little off on just the bare bow. The couple that I have tuned have had some vertical nock travel issues when paper tuning. I am not bashing the bow by no means and feel it is the best PSE has come out with lately but just don't understand all the hype. I would say its a good bow but nothing that blew me away.

Originally posted by ontarget7 View Post
    I am not saying its a bad bow but have had a chance to set up a couple and shoot a few. The draw is smooth but fairly stiff say compared to the Pulse at very similar speeds.
    At 29" it has very little valley I would say about like my Carbon Matrix + at 29" with the #2 cams. After the shot it does have very little shock or vibration bare bow even and hold well on target. Strings are much better than in the past I might add as well. The balance is a little off on just the bare bow. The couple that I have tuned have had some vertical nock travel issues when paper tuning. I am not bashing the bow by no means and feel it is the best PSE has come out with lately but just don't understand all the hype. I would say its a good bow but nothing that blew me away.
    I agree.
    Nice bow, but it didn't blow me away either.
    I don't think it holds a candle to the Pulse.
    Help Save the Indiana Archery Season http://www.protectindianaoutdoorsports.com
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY
    Team Tiger Blood

Comment

Only 1 bow fro 2011 really blew me away. See sig.
      -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

I think the Evo is great. It doesnt have the Elite valley or wall, but other than that it is very smooth and very quiet. It holds on target better than the Hunter, imo, and is just as dead if not more so. Cant argue with the speed either. 305fps loaded string,29/65 410 grain arrow. Have not shot the Pulse enough to compare the two.

Comment

I was impressed with the speed of the Evo at 65lbs. It was super fast....a little harsh on the draw but it was quiet enough and it is a flat shooter. The draw was the thing that was a nagative for me and I'm glad I ended up with the PULSE for my son. It came down to those two bows and I finally came away with the PULSE and my son loves it so somethings work out for the best.
          Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
          www.broughtonart.webs.com
          Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
          Bear Kodiak Hunter
          Athens Afflixtion

Comment

Originally posted by rembrandt View Post
            I was impressed with the speed of the Evo at 65lbs. It was super fast....a little harsh on the draw but it was quiet enough and it is a flat shooter. The draw was the thing that was a nagative for me and I'm glad I ended up with the PULSE for my son. It came down to those two bows and I finally came away with the PULSE and my son loves it so somethings work out for the best.
            You should of seen my chrono read the axe 6 at 30.5 measured draw length. LOL! Draw cycle didnt bother me as much as the sling shot feeling of such a little ATA bow in my hands.
            I hear the EVO is a better feeling draw cycle. I havent shot one yet though.
            No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Mods on base cams for hybrids are bad news IMO. Rotating mods even worse, some of the draw lengths, usually shorter, will suffer in the nock travel dept.
              there is a reason Hoyt uses 3 base cams and string sizes, or IMO on there best cams, draw specif cams and strings.

Comment

I shot league last week and the chap next to me had an EVO. His opinion on the EVO, "it's too easy to torque." Even with all the rubber on that bow, it still was a bit on the noisy side.
                www.predatorsarchery.com
                2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - Tomater
                2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - The Manimal
                2015 Elite Synergy 29.5" 70#

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                  You should of seen my chrono read the axe 6 at 30.5 measured draw length. LOL! Draw cycle didnt bother me as much as the sling shot feeling of such a little ATA bow in my hands.
                  I hear the EVO is a better feeling draw cycle. I havent shot one yet though.
                  If I might ask, what was the speed of the Axe 6? What DW was it also? I just can't enjoy a bow that is harsh to pull back. If I can't shoot it 40 to 100 times at a session then I'm uncomfortable with the bow. An EVO at 60lbs might have impressed me but the 65lb bow was a stretch for me....
                  Bear Kodiak Hunter
                  Athens Afflixtion

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
                    Mods on base cams for hybrids are bad news IMO. Rotating mods even worse, some of the draw lengths, usually shorter, will suffer in the nock travel dept.
                    there is a reason Hoyt uses 3 base cams and string sizes, or IMO on there best cams, draw specif cams and strings.
                    I agree Lonnie.
                    08 GTO Ninja
                    08.5 XLR Snow Camo A/T (currently)
                    Hoyt Gamemaster
                    Mathews Rival Pro
                    New Breed Horizon
                    New Breed Eclipse

"Don't out smart your common sense"

Comment

The Evo is not harsh IMO. I think it's a smoother draw than any speed bow I tried. As smooth to me as the Hunter...I do not like the softer (non limb stop wall). I could also see how some could torque it.

When set up right, it blows most bows away with how low vibe and noise it has. All of my 2011 Elites have been louder with more recoil and vibe. HOWEVER, i just did not shoot the bow as good with the soft wall and my Stan Shootoff. If I can shoot it well...I cannot keep it. I did switch to a carter quickie...I could shoot the EVO better after that switch.

IMO, the EVO is the best PSE ever, and possibly one of the best speed bows that are huntable to date.
                      2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Originally posted by Karbon View Post
                        If I can shoot it well...I cannot keep it.

Quote of the day!
                        2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                        Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
                          So edumacate me on this some more, I've been looking hard at the Vendetta XL.
                          2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                          Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Originally posted by shootstraight View Post
                            So edumacate me on this some more, I've been looking hard at the Vendetta XL.
                            There is a thread on AT now that the OP is wondering why there are so many Vendettas for sale on AT. Good thread to read.......
                            Bear Kodiak Hunter
                            Athens Afflixtion

Comment

The Evo is definatley not loud. I can see it being easier to torque, but getting good with a 6" bh takes some practice. It is not a beginners bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X