Another Cable Slide Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Cable Slide Question?

Hey guys I bought a new leftover 2009 Z28 and the cable slide is leaving burrs on my cables. My question are the new cable slides from Elite a solution or do I have to buy another kind of cable slide? I'm fixing to order new strings and cables and cannot afford them to get chewed up as well. Thanks for any info or help! Jeremy
    2010 Elite Z28 again!

>>>---AddictedtoArchery--->

You need to smooth out the slots in the stock elite slide to get rid of the casting seam. Take a round shoelace and rub some polishing compound on it (you can also use toothpaste) and run the lace back and forth in the slots until it's glossy smooth. Don't go too fast or put too much pressure or you'll burn into the slide. Simple fix. Any aftermarket slide will have the same casting seam, I know, I've tried them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rgarbarino View Post
      You need to smooth out the slots in the stock elite slide to get rid of the casting seam. Take a round shoelace and rub some polishing compound on it (you can also use toothpaste) and run the lace back and forth in the slots until it's glossy smooth. Don't go too fast or put too much pressure or you'll burn into the slide. Simple fix. Any aftermarket slide will have the same casting seam, I know, I've tried them all.

Good Info!!!!!! Thanx!
      GoldTip Arrows
      Doinker Stabilizers
      Hamskea Rests
      Axcel Sights
      Carter Realeses

Comment

What they said. Its great trick to get any cable slide functioning properly.

Comment

I know Smeagol went to the PSE slide and I did also on my Energy but I have to place the cock vane out to avoid the slide. I don't know if he is having the same problem or not.
          Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
          www.broughtonart.webs.com
          Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
          Bear Kodiak Hunter
          Athens Afflixtion

Comment

I tried one on my GT500 and it stuck out too far, would cause the cables to hit the string stop just before full draw. It cleared on my 09 Z-28 though. Jeremy, if you want to try the Red PSE cable slide send me your address and you can have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rgarbarino View Post
              I tried one on my GT500 and it stuck out too far, would cause the cables to hit the string stop just before full draw. It cleared on my 09 Z-28 though. Jeremy, if you want to try the Red PSE cable slide send me your address and you can have it.
              Thanks Rgarbarino! And thanks for all the info. I also noticed doing a search on here that my cabe slide is on backwards. Gonna have to get my cables put on correctly so I can turn around the slide.

Rgarbarino I'll send you a pm on the slide. Thanks again everyone!
              2010 Elite Z28 again!

>>>---AddictedtoArchery--->

Comment

Your cables may be on correctly and just the slide is backwards. Look around for photos to compare other bows and how the strings run.

Comment

Rg is right on the slides. I purchased both a Hoyt OEM and AAE Slippery Slide, and I still had to sand the cast marks out of them. I haven't tried the shoelace trick yet. I may have to try it to smooth them out even more....

Comment

The shoelace and polish makes it completely smooth, just keep working it until it shines....

Comment

In my experience Elite makes the best bows and puts the absolute worse cable slide on them. I always change them out. I like the weather tamer slide and had one on my GT500. Have used the Sanders cable glide but unless you want the strings to be pulled way back, I would go with the weather tamer. It is expensive around $25 but worth it to me.

I had the same experience with all Elite slices, they eat cables. Now, I did not try the smoothing of the guides and certainly would try that first.

Good luck,
                      bob
                      15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
                      2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

The Weather Tamer is one that I have not tried, didn't want to pay that much! But, after searching about it I see it's a completely machined slide, not cast. In the photos I saw it looks pretty smooth and the edges of the cable slots appear to have a nice radius along the edge. Might just have to try one out. Found some for $17.00.

Comment

I use the mach 5 Alpine slides on all my bows.
                          "Aim small miss small"

2013 Pure 70lb Blk/Max1 Limbs
                          2012 Pure 70lb Blk/ 2013 Black AP Limbs

CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin sight
                          Exxus Core, Exxus, SX-2, Silverhorn Releases
                          Solids, DRT's, Deep six, axis and DCA Hunters 300
                          Past Elites
                          2008 XXL
                          2010XLR
                          2010 GT500
                          2011 Pure AP
                          2011 Pure Max1

Comment

where are they for 17 i will probably try one

Comment

Did a search for weather tamer cable slide, Eders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X