X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risor dipping or new paint?

My Z has some small chip's on the risor, I would like some info on maybe getting it dipped the same as the limb's or maybe all black. Who does this kind of work and whats the cost $, or does anyone have any other idea's?
    2010 Z28 Ninja

I suggest you do the following: strip the riser yourself with stripper you get at lowes or Wal Mart. Buy a gallon. It may take two or three going over to get it all off. Then take it to a local auto customizing or motorcycle shop and have it powder coated. I had my Black Mamba Powder coated riser, cams, cable post, string stop all for $55. On AT they want $80 for a riser. You should be able to get a riser done for $25 if you do the strip work. If not it is twice as much. It is not hard to strip, put on a thick coat of stripper let it sit for 1/2 hour wash off with hose. Repeat. Use toothbrush to get in tight areas and a bigger scrub brush for the rest. Use gloves that stuff will eat your hands.
    15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
    2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

Sounds pretty good, but excuse me for being a dummy, but what color is powder coated, I'm assuming white, *powder* but after that if I want it flat black will that work also. I know the guy at the auto shop, he would hook me up for sure, now I just have to strip the bow, string cable limb's, then strip the risor I can do, hey thanks.
      2010 Z28 Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Fireman08 View Post
        Sounds pretty good, but excuse me for being a dummy, but what color is powder coated, I'm assuming white, *powder* but after that if I want it flat black will that work also. I know the guy at the auto shop, he would hook me up for sure, now I just have to strip the bow, string cable limb's, then strip the risor I can do, hey thanks.
        You can get powder coating in just about any color. I've even see metallic flake finishes.
        Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

Comment

Thanks guy's, great advice. I'm going with black and leaving my camo limb's. Now to get to work...
          2010 Z28 Ninja

Comment

Working...
          X