Martin Archery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Archery?

Ok..not straying from Elite,just wanted to ask if anybody had any experience with Martins bows...how do they hold up? I have a buddy interested in one. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    2011 Elite Pure Ninja
    2012 Elite Pulse AT Snow

Different class of bow IMO!
    Nothing wrong with a Martin bow. Just more like a price point or entry level quality compared to Elites.
    IMO! scores or targets probably wont care though. havent for the last 10 years truth be told, 300 is a 300 right?
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Not bad bows, but not great either.
      If you are familiar with mechanics tools, this is a good comparison...
      Elite is to SnapOn what Martin is to Craftsman.

Like they say, the devil is in the details, and details are where you are going to see a big difference.
      Martins fit and finish is usually pretty crude, and the dip does not hold up well.
      They also use horrible strings and cables, so your buddy is gonna have to shell out close to $100.00 extra right out of the gate for a decent set.
      Help Save the Indiana Archery Season http://www.protectindianaoutdoorsports.com
      LONESOME ELK ARCHERY
      Team Tiger Blood

Comment

Not the best, but certainly not the worst. Fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired after being spoiled with the excellent finish on an Elite.
        2014 Elite Enervy 35 - RealTree Xtra
        2014 Elite Energy 32 - RealTree Xtra

Comment

Martin doesn't make $800 bows. They make bows worth $350-$500 tops. For the money you can get them for, they are great bows. If I had the choice of any bow in the world, they would not be near the top.

I bought an '07 Bullet-X, new in 2008 for $275. Loved that bow!! Only shot like 280 but loved the draw and overall feel of it. But thats Rytera, not Martin. Did have a limb splinter on it and had new limbs in no time straight from Martin, not the go through the dealer and wait a month bullcrap.
          "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

They have really gone down hill ever since George Ryals stopped designing for them.

Comment

Martin has been around for a llloooooonngggg time. They were considered one of the "big three" when I started archery mid 70s: PSE, jennings, and martin. Bear was around, but mostly a hunting bow for mass retail.

Given that, never owned one, but thought about it from time to time with certain models. The Scepter is well recognized in the dot community. Still see a few people shooting their shoot through system. They have some speed bows that advertise impressive numbers and even their dot bows are advertised w/ decent speed. There's Rytera, which is a brand X martin. Thought about buying an Alien Z recently. Actually made an offer to a guy selling them on AT, but never came about. Glad it didn't. Liked the specs, A-A, and draw adjustment. Didn't like the roller guard and lack of stabilizer bushing in the riser.

Forget about resale value. Martins do NOT hold resale very well. Would suggest not buying new off the shelf. Save the money and look for a left over or slightly used.

Comment

I wouldn't waste my money on one.

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
                  They have really gone down hill ever since George Ryals stopped designing for them.
                  Who dat????
                  "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy (aka Slippy) View Post
                    Who dat????
                    George Ryals IV, GRIV, now in Hoyt. I shot his Scepter III and Cougar III with FuryX and NitrousX shoot through cams with success. Their limbs were laminated, not very common on moderately priced bows at that time, but I had to go through 2 pairs of the straight model to get "good" ones. Their more expensive recurved limbs didnīt work well for me on shoot through configurations, where no lateral pull shows the true straightness of limbs throughout the draw cycle. Fit was fine, finish a little lacking (but still same functionality and you had a lower price point). I still keep my PB at 70m with the CIII NitrousX, 351, as well as a feeling that my bow arm tennis elbow injury was caused by the vibrations on that very same bow after the shot (this was not a parallel limb design; they had it as an option -changing limb pockets- those days, but the BH was too big to my likings if using them).
                    FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER FOR: ELITE , FIRENOCK, GAS PRO
                    LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
                    ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
                    ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->

Comment

Only Martin I had...is the only bow that I bought and after one shot thought "YUCK, this is junk" It was an Alien right when they came out.
                      2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy (aka Slippy) View Post
                        Who dat????
                        What Super D said!

Originally posted by superdiablo View Post
                        George Ryals IV, GRIV, now in Hoyt. I shot his Scepter III and Cougar III with FuryX and NitrousX shoot through cams with success. Their limbs were laminated, not very common on moderately priced bows at that time, but I had to go through 2 pairs of the straight model to get "good" ones. Their more expensive recurved limbs didnīt work well for me on shoot through configurations, where no lateral pull shows the true straightness of limbs throughout the draw cycle. Fit was fine, finish a little lacking (but still same functionality and you had a lower price point). I still keep my PB at 70m with the CIII NitrousX, 351, as well as a feeling that my bow arm tennis elbow injury was caused by the vibrations on that very same bow after the shot (this was not a parallel limb design; they had it as an option -changing limb pockets- those days, but the BH was too big to my likings if using them).

Comment

As far as I'm concerned the best thing Martin still has going for it is Terry Wunderle still evaluates their hunting bows I believe. I also think his daughter Sally still shoots for them. Terry was once the World Champion back in the 80's besides winning Nationals 4 times and Sally has been National champ several besides other awards. It was sad the day Ryals left it will even be worse when they don't have the Wunderle's.
                          2014 E35 AP Snow 60lb 31''
                          2013 Pure AP Snow 60lb 31''
                          2010 Judge Anthracite Metallic 60lb 30''
                          2011 Tour AP Snow 60lb 31'' Dead Center Archery Products Factory Staff
                          Light travels faster than sound .... thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!!!!!

Comment

:censored2: no! Even the folks that work at Martin, dont support the company. Their own employees choose outside the company to find better quality bows that fit their desires.

Comment

HAHA! Thanks guys! I was kinda thinkin it would head this direction..
                              2011 Elite Pure Ninja
                              2012 Elite Pulse AT Snow

Comment

Working...
                              X