Sight and CS issues, Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sight and CS issues, Help!

Ok so I was trying to arrow tune my new 06 E-500. Ive got the LD on it set at 7/8, maybe a hair over closer to 15/16ths possibly. Problem is, my sight is still way left of the CS of my arrow when looking at it from above. The only way I get the arrow to hit where I want it to with the sight, is to have the sight further left than my rest. Whats the fix, do I need to move my rest over to the left a little more?
    Proud Member of the Texas Boys

It's totally normal to have your sight pins a little outside of the arrow path. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's really excessive.
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Beaver View Post
      It's totally normal to have your sight pins a little outside of the arrow path. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's really excessive.
      I agree with Don. You can use a tilttamer some find it helping with the alignment. Ive always had a straight line with mine and some of its from my low anchor. (Nock being closer to my line if sight)
      My son had what looked like a 1/4 inch left of alignment. He is copying my anchor now and has a better line with his Pure.
      Ive noticed the farther right or away from your face the release is the more left the pins end up.
      No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

I will try to get a pic of it this weekend to see how excessive it is. Im only worried about it because when I put on my BH's the arrows start to hit further left and that would mean I need to move my sight even more to the left!

Comment

sight

dont move your sight to the left move your rest to the right untill fp and bh hit the same due to torque built in to every bow that has a reflex riser they will be slightly left of arrow to string and opposite for people that stand on the wrong side of everything JK!!!!

Comment

I tried moving the rest to the right. Ended up with my arrow hitting right, so I guess I needed to move my sight back to the right?

Comment

Originally posted by eweese18 View Post
              I tried moving the rest to the right. Ended up with my arrow hitting right, so I guess I needed to move my sight back to the right?
              You want to shoot field tips and broadheads moving your rest away from the broadhead tipped groups until they both group together. Then move your sight to match.
              989-697-5341
              Our racks are loaded.

Comment

Everyone of my E-500's CS at 13/16". Its common to have your pin left of the arrow due to bow torque from the cable guard. Tilt Tamer would bring it back even if that's the way you want to go.

TEXAS
                2011 PURE MAX 1
                2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
                Elite Archery Pro Staff
                BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

quit using your Dads drawboard and press.....

and DON'T TOUCH JUDY'S BOW!!!!!

Hi!
                  Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
                    quit using your Dads drawboard and press.....

and DON'T TOUCH JUDY'S BOW!!!!!

Hi!
                    Erich's actually trying his hand at the press tomorrow

TEXAS
                    2011 PURE MAX 1
                    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                    2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
                    Elite Archery Pro Staff
                    BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

Erich must be staying busy, hardly see his stamp around here anymore

bet he's getting the ranch ready for grand-kids!

Evan---- do you have a paper rack to see what your tare looks like? or maybe a walkback tune to get the rest were the bow wants it.
                      Last edited by wassaw; 04-27-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
                        Erich must be staying busy, hardly see his stamp around here anymore

Evan---- do you have a paper rack to see what your tare looks like? or maybe a walkback tune to get the rest were the bow wants it.

Im on the 5 year kid plan...

No I need to build a paper rack soon so I can paper tune. Ive just been doing the 7/8's measurement and most of the bows turn out good.

I need to come down and hang0out with you guys sometime soon, and bring Judy's Fire down to get a little tweaking. Had some new threads put on it, but the cables hit the cable stops just a hair before the mod stop does so it pulls into the cables a little bit. Need to figure out that mess now too...

Comment

[QUOTE=wassaw;419449]Erich must be staying busy, hardly see his stamp around here anymore

I don't think I'll ever see grand-kids at this rate! I've been feeling my age lately and found out I have arthritis in my shoulder so I have to go down to 60 pound limbs.

steve keep an eye out for some e clips that may be sailing over that way when I take them off the Z tomorrow.
                          Syn XT
                          Z28
                          Rev'd E500
                          For we walk not by sight but by faith

Comment

let the young'ens have those 70lb limbs, 60's still pass through a deer and hog!

sorry to hear about the arthritis save those arms for hugging the grand-kids!!!

i was so ready for my four to fly the nest but now with the young ones (grand-kids) and their hugs and want to learn (with out thinking they already know everything ) i've found a soft side again!

Evan has my cell number, give a shout if you need ANYTHING.

Comment

I seem to have this issue on my GT500 also.. I dont like it and what does it matter where you anchor as long as you are centering your eye to the peep in the center of the string?
                              I think it is the riser flexing way to much .. a AND I DONT LIKE IT... JMHO
                              MY GT500 bow is named NockCracker. my Hunting rig a GT-500 60# 29" G1 Camo, Spot-hogg 5 pin , Limb driver, B-stinger 12" 11 oz, GTul 400's ,295 FPS- 350- Gr or "Stealth" My Camo XLR 29" 54# Spot bow officially out of shake down testing..PASSED!! shot my first 300 VEGAS BABY and my 2nd in the same day..

Comment

Working...
                              X