X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think.

gt500-64 lb draw weight shooting a 370 gn arrow at 303fps with a 30in draw,that seems pretty good,what do you think.

Seems to me that if you droppped the arrow weight by 50 grains your speed would increase to about 318fps give or take. I know that the rule of thumb is kenetic energy however, I will take the gain in (margin of erorr) over the slight loss in kenetic energy in foot pounds.....Meaning that your pins will be closer together and a miscalculation in yardage is less likely to result in a miss i.e. wounded game...Just my opinion and I hope to not insult or cause a ruckus.

Comment

no insult

Originally posted by Dv8tion View Post
      Seems to me that if you droppped the arrow weight by 50 grains your speed would increase to about 318fps give or take. I know that the rule of thumb is kenetic energy however, I will take the gain in (margin of erorr) over the slight loss in kenetic energy in foot pounds.....Meaning that your pins will be closer together and a miscalculation in yardage is less likely to result in a miss i.e. wounded game...Just my opinion and I hope to not insult or cause a ruckus.
      just looking for opinions

Comment

That sounds good to me!
        09 GT500 28.5/64.5

Comment

Its sounds great to me but i myself would go a bit heavier arrow quiet bow on k/e is way more important than speed for hunting.
          Impact, Pure, Syn Xt, Sbh energy

Comment

If you are only hunting whitetail don't worry about ke unless there of course 900 lbs and your shooting them from a mile away
            HMSPERFORMANCCOATINGS.COM for all your powder and ceramic coating needs

Comment

Good enough for North america and most any other place

With that speed and arrow weight,i am getting a little over 75lbs of ke,which is enough to take just about any animal in the world,after all elephant cape buffalo,rinos have all been taken with recurves and longbows and they dont have the ke my bow has,not even close,i think.

Comment

Working...
              X