Powdercoater screwed up, need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powdercoater screwed up, need some help

Well after a 2 week wait, i got my riser back from the powdercoater. Needless to say he did a horrible job and didnt get paid what he wanted. between the bubbles and it already coming off in spots, im beyond the point of being mad. my main question is, has anyone duracoated a riser? Ive never used it before, but have painted several cars/motorcycles with regular paint so I know im capable of doing it without runs. Does anyone have a good powdercoater that can get me this riser back asap and it be as close to elites perfection as possible? hate having such a great bow with what he did to it. Thanks for letting me vent, and here's some pics of what not to do when you powdercoat a riser.

12 Answer w. 13 cams
    13 PSE Phenom

hmm, doesent seem like he cleaned it right before coating it or he didnt bake it right , but im not an expert.
    08 GTO Reverse AT

Comment

I wouldn't have paid anything for a job like that. Now you will have to pay somebody else to strip it so it can be done right. JMO
      07 Elite Envy #143
      08 Elite GTO Target Black
      11 PSE TAC 15i
      12 Scorpyd Ventilator
      12 Strykezone 380

Comment

Looks like ya got :censored2:ed!!
        First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns and bows....Next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants

Comment

i got screwed, ill admit it. i was ready to just get my bow back and be on my way. wish he woulda left it stripped and i woulda found someone else. live n learn and move on
          12 Answer w. 13 cams
          13 PSE Phenom

Comment

Originally posted by JHENS87 View Post
            i got screwed, ill admit it. i was ready to just get my bow back and be on my way. wish he woulda left it stripped and i woulda found someone else. live n learn and move on
            Did ya at least get a reach around from the guy b4 he :censored2:ed ya?
            First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns and bows....Next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants

Comment

no he wasnt gentle either
              12 Answer w. 13 cams
              13 PSE Phenom

Comment

Originally posted by JHENS87 View Post
                no he wasnt gentle either

Comment

I blasted mine first and had it looking good. $25 later I got a bow that was powdercoated matte black and looks like it came from Elite. It's boxed up and heading north or i'd show a pic. It did take two weeks tho to get back.

It is my keeper e-500. My dealer was really impressed with it.

Comment

I would take it back to him and make him fix it!!!!

Comment

Were you trying to do a gloss black? how much did he charge you?

Comment

Wow...hot mess right there. Sorry buddy.
                        There was a PC guy on here that did some good work for a few people...
                        2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Originally posted by Karbon View Post
                          Wow...hot mess right there. Sorry buddy.
                          There was a PC guy on here that did some good work for a few people...
                          He did great work! Did quite a bit for me. I went local this time and was happy.

Comment

Sorry to see that. That looks terrible.
                            2014 Elite Energy 35 - Perfected Excellence
                            Spot Hogg - World's Toughest
                            Doinker - World's #1 Stabilizer
                            G5 - Designed To Hunt
                            Lone Wolf - Your Silent Partner

Comment

told him satin black. you would think he had a clue what he was doing with a bow, considering his shop is next door to one of the only bowshops in the area. still unsure what im gonna do
                              12 Answer w. 13 cams
                              13 PSE Phenom

Comment

Working...
                              X