X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which sight for my GT500?

I need a new sight for my GT500. I had a TruGlo Tru Site Xtreme Micro Tool Less, (which worked fine with a drop down bracket) but I want a sliding dovetail / detachable bracket type of sight. I bought a TruGlo Super Slam, sent it back to TruGlo, had them install 2 more pins (7 total). The sight will not go far enough to the left, nor will it go down far enough. I tried a drop bracket, which helped the elevation issue, but now it really is too far to the right. This sight is useless to me now. I want a sight with enough vertical and horizontal adjustment and at least a 2" sight housing. I'm thinking A) Hogg It, or, B) Extreme Bone Collector 1400. I'm confident I can get the Hogg It to work with a drop bracket and an additional spacer bar if necessary. Anyone use these sights on an '09 GT500?

The Viper Predator Micro Tune and the Axcel Armortech Pro both look interesting, but their housings are only 1 3/4".

GT500 Ninja (Predator's Archery)
    Bowtech 82nd Airborne
    Bowtech Guardian

Check out Sword also. either them or spothogg have lots of adjustment for the wind-age.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

I thought about the Sword 3rd Plane, but I've heard the pins aren't bright at all. It looks like a lot of bang for the buck, though.
      Bowtech 82nd Airborne
      Bowtech Guardian

Comment

CBE makes are great target/hunting sight. I love my Tek Target and .19 pin scope.
        2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

I was just checking out the CBE Tek Hunter XL. Looks interesting too. I can't find any info on what the sight housing diameter is though.
          Bowtech 82nd Airborne
          Bowtech Guardian

Comment

I switched to the scope so I can't help you there.
            2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

I have a Viper Predator Pro 2000 with micro adjust on my Hunter.
              2011Elite Hunter Max1 LH

Comment

Problem solved

I've solved the sight problem for my GT500. I got a Hogg It sight and a Spot Hogg drop mount bracket. It goes low enough and has enough horizontal adjustment as well.
                Bowtech 82nd Airborne
                Bowtech Guardian

Comment

ok, i bought an 09 gt500 from AT and its in the mail now. what are the sight problems you guys speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by jwood10 View Post
                    ok, i bought an 09 gt500 from AT and its in the mail now. what are the sight problems you guys speak of?
                    http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...ht=sight+holes

Sometimes you have to use a drop down bracket to get your sight low enough. My new Hogg It with the drop bracket works perfectly on my '09 GT500.
                    Last edited by wdriver; 08-12-2011, 10:22 AM.
                    Bowtech 82nd Airborne
                    Bowtech Guardian

Comment

I've got a hogg it hunter on my Z-28 and my GT500, I didn't need any special drop brackets on either bow.....

Comment

GT500 + Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg = Win

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                          Check out Sword also. either them or spothogg have lots of adjustment for the wind-age.
                          While installing a sun shade on my Hogg It today, I noticed that the sight is adjusted almost all the way down (with a drop bracket too). Hmmmm.....
                          I think I'm going to get a Sword Trident Hunter with the dovetail bracket for my GT500. I can put the Hogg on another one of my bows. The Trident Hunter has lots of vertical adjustment and a high / low mount already built in..... it should be perfect for my GT.

Anyone using a Sword Trident Hunter?
                          Bowtech 82nd Airborne
                          Bowtech Guardian

Comment

What is your draw length and how high is your peep from your nock point?

I've not had a problem with any sight I've tried thus far on '08.5-'10 GTs that I've tried.

Comment

Originally posted by eltaco View Post
                              What is your draw length and how high is your peep from your nock point?

28" draw, 5 1/4". I just checked, and it's 5 1/2" on my Guardian... maybe I should move the peep up a quarter of an inch.
                              Bowtech 82nd Airborne
                              Bowtech Guardian

Comment

Working...
                              X