Help me out please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out please

I'm selling my Strother Infinity and looking for another Elite. I have a 27.5" DL and prefer to shoot between 60-65#. I have had many other Elites starting with the 08.5 Z and GT500. I sold the GT500 and have kicked myself ever since. I have always been intrigued by the Fire but never shot one. Have always been interested in the GTO but again, never shot one. My hunting buddy has a SynX that I've shot and love the drawcycle on that bow.
    I am looking at the following bows:
    Fire
    GT500
    GTO
    SynX
    I have never shot the Judge but I had a Pulse that I traded for my Hunter (still not sure why I let that one get away?!?!)
    Help me figure this out, I've got a Fire sitting there waiting for me to pull the trigger, just don't want to screw up and buy something and regret it.
    Thanks,
    John
    '10 Z28 60# 27.5" AT max1
    '11 Hunter Ninja 70#
    '12 Answer Ninja 60#
    Anchor Sight, VBG Startrack

I just sold my son's Fire. I bought mods for it to fit me so I could try it the day he was ready to get rid of it. I tried it but just didn't like it as much as the GT500's I have. Maybe the longer ATA fit me better. My son is also shooting a GT500 now after selling the Fire and is doing quite well with his as well. I did a ton of research on here and AT before buying my first GT in December. No regrets and I have shot the 2011's and won't sell my GT's to get any of them at this point.
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 34
    2011 Elite Pulse

Comment

Love the Syn XT and GTO. Very similar to me. The Syn XT has a bit smoother draw and the GTO is a tad faster. Cannot go wrong with either. I had a GT500 and like both these better. Currently have eight Elites two Aigils ( one a SS Envy cams), two Syn Xts ( one with Envy cams), two E-500, a Envy and a GTO. I like these older Elites better that the newer ones, that's just me.
      15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
      2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

I have a GTO plus cash if you want. G1 riser and a set of G1 limbs on it currently but has a very slight and non noticeable limb edge splinter on it that effects nothing and also a brand new set of black limbs that also go with it if you are at all interested

Comment

Originally posted by Livetohunt View Post
          I have a GTO plus cash if you want. G1 riser and a set of G1 limbs on it currently but has a very slight and non noticeable limb edge splinter on it that effects nothing and also a brand new set of black limbs that also go with it if you are at all interested
          What poundage are the limbs you have?

Comment

Out of that list I would go with the Synergy XT. It has the better draw cycle of the bunch to me.

Comment

One you might also consider is the XXL with fire cams. Specifically design for short draw and a very smooth bow overall. 70 will feel like 60 with this bow.
              E-500 60lb in MAX4
              E-500 60lb Black AP w/updated K8's
              E-500 70lb in APG
              2 XXL's 70lb with fire cams in G1

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
                One you might also consider is the XXL with fire cams. Specifically design for short draw and a very smooth bow overall. 70 will feel like 60 with this bow.
                What would the A to A length on that bow be?
                '11 Hunter Ninja 70#
                '12 Answer Ninja 60#

Comment

I like the GTO and Fire. I was real tempted to get a Syn Xt. The Z28 is smoother, but the GTO and Fire are not bad at all. More speed, a little more noise and about the same shock. I hear, the SynXT is a GTO with smooth mods...so I do not think you can go wrong.

I just picked up an all black GTO that is maxing at 64#. Unloaded my G1 goat that was looking to be a decent speeder. I can't wait to run it through the paces. Good luck!
                  2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Pulse is lightyears better than the Judge IMO
                    2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Thanks Steve, I appreciate your input. Tell me what you think of that GTO vs your new Hunter? My concern is having 3 bows in my stable that are essentially the same A to A, brace height similar, noise, shock etc all about the same. My Hunter at 70# is very manageable and hits dead on same speed as my Infinity with same arrows so seems like a redundancy, my Z that is on loan is right in the same ballpark for specs. That's why I was looking at a little longer A to A but 32-34 really fits me well. Think the GTO fits that niche? little faster, not a "smooth-as-butta-bow", but still in the same ballpark as far as BH and ATA?
                      '11 Hunter Ninja 70#
                      '12 Answer Ninja 60#

Comment

Cant go wrong with a GT500.

Comment

Working...
                        X