X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a arrow ? for you bow guys

Ok so I have a Hunter 72# 29inch draw shooting 28 1/2 CX hunters 350 wieght forward arrows with 100 grain heads NAP Apache rest. Now on wed. I shot 5 different broad heads 2 blade Bloodrunner/3 Blade Bloodrunner/ 100 thunderhead/a old Bear two blade/and a G5 montec/ Now they all flew and hit with my field points out to 50 yards. Now I went to the archery shop and bought a pack of 4 blade MX-4 muzzy's because they were 26$ I refuse to pay $40 anymore for 3 broadheads.. Now I have the same exact arrows as above but they have on them the NAP shrink vanes not the factory blazers. I put on the Muzzy pratice head and boom I was 4 inchs low of bullseye at 20 yards 5 times. I then put the practice head on one of the arrows with factory balzers on it and right back in the bullseye. Now I saved the arrows fletched with the NAP shrink vanes for hunting, I lowered my whole sight down and all the pins are set for the broadheads all the way out to 50 yards but if I shoot my field points now I am 4 inchs high.. My quetion is why is the shirnk vanes doing this????? Do you think it is changing the spine of the arrow?? I am going to try and cut off the extra wrap that is below the vanes tomorrow but it is just bugging me why this is when the muzzy head on the arrows with factory blazers are hitting the same as my field points???So it is no dought the NAP vanes causing this I just don't know why..Thanks for the long wind version..Walt
    Elite Hunter in AT Snow
    NAP Apache rest
    Vital Bow Gear sight

Anytime you add weight to the back of the arrow it makes it stiffer. Wraps, lighted nocks anything. I'm sure this is why you are seeing a difference.

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

It is the cheap broad heads!!!! Itís like buying a custom rifle and shooting military surplus ammo. You got a great bow trying to shoot the cheapest thing you can find makes no sense.
      EAT, SLEEP, BOW HUNT!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 340axis View Post
        It is the cheap broad heads!!!! Itís like buying a custom rifle and shooting military surplus ammo. You got a great bow trying to shoot the cheapest thing you can find makes no sense.
        I know what you are getting at and I agree. If you can spend $1200 for a bow and accessories, why skrimp on the part that does the killing? Some of my broadheads were $40 each. However I don't think his broadheads are the problem. It is the weight added to the nock end of the arrow with the shrink fletch.

TEXAS
        2011 PURE MAX 1
        2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
        Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
        BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

Since when have Muzzy's been considered a cheep broadhead??? Broadheads were never $40 for 3 heads until Rage came out and drove up the price's??? Thank you Texas 10pt for shedding some light on my quetion..
          Elite Hunter in AT Snow
          NAP Apache rest
          Vital Bow Gear sight

Comment

Working...
          X