amateur answer review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amateur answer review

Shot the Answer again and thought I better get a few words on it here. The draw is just like the Hunter IMO, maybe a tad smoother, not as smooth as the Z, but no hump like the Z. It holds rock solid on target with that concrete back wall. Great let off and very comfy.

On the shot it was very quiet. Yes, as those crazy Texans said, it's as quiet as the Hunter. You could definately see that it's got some giddyup. There was no kick at the shot to the left, like the 2011s, and stayed on target. The only thing negative I noticed was a little vibration in the riser. This was with an outfitted bow too. The first things I do is put some string silencers on it and replace the string stop with a softer one.

Elite made the perfect hunting bow in the Answer IMO. So......Ninja(so the wife don't notice)......or Max 1.................
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
    2014 RTX Elite Energy 35, 60lbs, 29", GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal ,Bstinger Sport, Slick Tricks and Hammer Heads.

One last note, there was a little lean, but the cable guard was not adjusted in any way as to prohibit it.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
    2014 RTX Elite Energy 35, 60lbs, 29", GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal ,Bstinger Sport, Slick Tricks and Hammer Heads.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan
      Mine had a touch of vibe at 58#s. When we twisted it up to 62# it killed the vibe completely.

You might try that. It made a huge different.

That was with no stab.
      Without naming the shop, they don't know much about tuning Elites. I just order, pick up, and do my own thing.

Comment

I think I'll have to twist mine up to makeup for the slightly long draw, and pick up a few #'s of weight. I hope my 60# ends up 62#+ and kills any vibe that might be there!

Thanks for the review buddy.

Thanks for the tip TCF
        2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Originally posted by Karbon View Post
          I think I'll have to twist mine up to makeup for the slightly long draw, and pick up a few #'s of weight. I hope my 60# ends up 62#+ and kills any vibe that might be there!

Thanks for the tip TCF
          Put a Stokerized on it at 62lbs and it is DEAD. But I know you might feel something I got old hands LOL

TEXAS
          2011 PURE MAX 1
          2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
          2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
          Elite Archery Pro Staff
          Proud Member of the Texas Boys
          BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

I only run Stokerized! LOL
            2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Originally posted by Karbon View Post

Thanks for the tip TCF
              I keep reading out of the box reviews of this bow running long on DL and DW. Some as high as 65#...

Comment

Originally posted by eltaco View Post
                I keep reading out of the box reviews of this bow running long on DL and DW. Some as high as 65#...
                I am not sure how some of these things are being measured. Most of our draw lengths are 1/8" long, sometimes maybe a 1/16th more. We ship the bows at about 2 pounds over. This seems to keep us in a safe place for the variety of ways people check things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterpete View Post
                  I am not sure how some of these things are being measured. Most of our draw lengths are 1/8" long, sometimes maybe a 1/16th more. We ship the bows at about 2 pounds over. This seems to keep us in a safe place for the variety of ways people check things.
                  Kinda like chronies not everyone is the same. I can weigh my bow with three different scales and get three different numbers. My scale at home weighs my York plate weight which are supposedly 75 at 76lbs. I take those same weights put them on the wife's scale they show 73lbs, if I would take them to my doctors office I bet they would read 90.lol

Draw Lengths could easily be the same I do a fair amount of wood working and have two tapes I like to use but whatever tape I start with on a project I use during the whole thing or results can be catastrophic. Not to mention you can easily compress the draw stops on a drawboard and over draw the bow.

Honestly in a perfect world we would all have load cells that are certified by the bureau of weights and measures, but that just isn't the case.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by BlindBuck; 10-13-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Your wifes scale is only two pounds light? Weird cause mine is way off, I haven't gained any weight since we were married 30 yrs ago.

Originally posted by BlindBuck View Post
                    Kinda like chronies not everyone is the same. I can weigh my bow with three different scales and get three different numbers. My scale at home weighs my York plate weight which are supposedly 75 at 76lbs. I take those same weights put them on the wife's scale they show 73lbs, if I would take them to my doctors office I bet they would read 90.lol

Draw Lengths could easily be the same I do a fair amount of wood working and have two tapes I like to use but whatever tape I start with on a project I use during the whole thing or results can be catastrophic. Not to mention you can easily compress the draw stops on a drawboard and over draw the bow.

2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                    Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Originally posted by shootstraight View Post
                      Your wifes scale is only two pounds light? Weird cause mine is way off, I haven't gained any weight since we were married 30 yrs ago.
                      LMFAO that is classic

I couldn't actually tell I don't even know for sure if my plate weight weighs 75lbs. I just never put to much stock in people reporting high or low weights. My drawboard scale is crazy if the battery gets slightly low it reads erratic, currently stashing cash for a loadcell.

Comment

Originally posted by shootstraight View Post
                        I just think you can't do numbers any more I base this on all the text I got today
                        Twin Oaks Archery Range VA
                        2013 Nija Hunter
                        2009 GT 500 Reverse AP
                        2009 GT 500 Black and Carbon Fiber
                        Home Brewer of fine Ale

Comment

Honestly in a perfect world we would all have load cells that are certified by the bureau of weights and measures, but that just isn't the case.

Steve....Is this your wifes scale????????

0 to 200 in 6 seconds
                          Steve was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was
                          really pissed.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
                          driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke
                          up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box
                          gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought
                          the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Steve has been missing since Friday. LMAO!!!!

TEXAS
                          2011 PURE MAX 1
                          2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                          2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
                          Elite Archery Pro Staff
                          Proud Member of the Texas Boys
                          BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

Yep, just like there is a tape in Texas that reads an inch short...
                            (Steve, Jeff, keep your thoughts to yourselves, that's my story and I'm sticking with it, lol)
                            Smile!

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                              Steve....Is this your wifes scale????????

0 to 200 in 6 seconds
                              Steve was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was
                              really pissed.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
                              driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke
                              up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box
                              gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought
                              the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Steve has been missing since Friday. LMAO!!!!

TEXAS
                              That is awesome!!! NICE

Comment

Working...
                              X