X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG The 2012 Elite is a let down

I have been an elite shooter for a few yrs now. GT500 and Pulse. I switched to elite for their top notch quality bows. Unbelievable quality and shooting bows. I liked what was going on. Now all of a sudden new logo,slogan and quality. I stopped by 2 elite dealers to check out the Answer. I couldn't believe my eyes. The new Answers are unlike the quality of the former elite bows. I am very let down about this. The quality and finish of the new bows are very disapointing. The limbs looked very different in quality with machine lines in the limbs. Cheap hardware and emblems. Very bad machining on the risor. I can't believe the 2 bows I saw were even allowed on the shelf by the dealers. Please chime in on this thread and tell me it isn't so.
    2011 LH PULSE

The ninja bows look pretty good, but my snow bow that came in had a very dull finish. I was disappointed because I thought they would have similar quality to the 2011 models, but they are not even close. My Hunter has a glossy finish and the Answer just looked plain. I decided to just stick with my Hunter until they resolve these issues.

Comment

2012 Answer

I have had PSE, hoyt and bowtech bows for many years and just sold a bowtech to get a 2012 Elite Answer. My Answer is every bit as good in material quality and finish as any of these and in my opinion is better

Comment

I will be calling elite on Monday

I will be calling elite on Monday
        I hope what I saw was a fluke!
        2011 LH PULSE

Comment

I shot the Answer (ninja) and the how was spotless , and looked perfect

As far as I could tell , same quality throughout as in previous yrs
          www.raginblaze.com
          Cajun Seasoning with a SouthWest Flare

featured products ..... cajun seasoning, chili mix, fajita seasoning
          seafood boil, New Orleans style coffee and beignets .....

Comment

I have a ninja answer and mine looks awesome. IF I had to criticize, I would tell elite to put a clear coat type finish over the limb decals. I thought i had some dirt on the decal and i gently tried to use my fingernail to scrape it away and i actually scratched a small part of the Elite lettering. Other than that the bow is sweet and shoots awesome

'13 Elite Hunter
            CX Aramid 250's
            QAD HD
            Spothogg RD
            Rocket Stricknine's
            Rocket Steelhead 125 Extreme's

TAZ Archery, Woodstock IL

Comment

It would appear that the problem here is quality control of bows going out the door. Some posters see bows that are fine but a lot of others are seeing very poor finishes. I am a member of other forums and there are threads up about the crappy finishes both ninja, camos and limbs.

The one demo Answer that came in to our shop (Ninja) was not the best, overall just not the usual impeccable Elite quality. All the screw holes were burred out. The Screw head holding the supressor was chewed up so badly we had to take a sharpy to it to make it acceptable. I am sure this is just a hiccup but it does need to be addressed by Elite because this finish issue is gaining traction.

For the record my 2011 Ninja Tour I received about three weeks ago is perfect in every respect.
              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Comment

I would be very interested to hear what Elite will tell you over the phone. Seems like dealers should be getting insight from there reps, and i'm guessing they will only tell they are looking into the issue and making attempts to correct any issues.

There's a big thread already discussing this topic

http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39744
                Elite E32 - Black 29/60
                Elite E35 - APS 29/60
                Hoyt F34 - RExtra 29/60

Comment

As mentioned I am a member of other forum and there are a lot of topics on the quality of the new elites I am not sure what is going on I am not sure if I will ever shoot Elite again I would like to think that I might but just don't know to be honest I never thought there quality was any better then a lot of the other manufacturers that being said it does seem when a company switches dipping companies or does it on there own the first few batches have flaws I am sure they will figure it out and make it right

Comment

Keep in mind this is the first year Elite has been 100% built in house with no out-sourcing. This applies to the finish dept as well, my new Ninja Answer is awesome. Also keep in mind Elite has the lifetime warranty so no worries.

I for one think 2012 in a HUGE step forward for Elite.

Just sayin!

2012 Elite Answer 29.5/65 RTAP, Copper John Mark IV, Stokerized SS1, QAD HD, Victory Vforce 350 @ 28.5"(387gr @ 302fps)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Teach your children to hunt, keep it simple and you'll never have to hunt for your children.

Comment

Originally posted by Stavos View Post
                      Keep in mind this is the first year Elite has been 100% built in house with no out-sourcing. This applies to the finish dept as well, my new Ninja Answer is awesome. Also keep in mind Elite has the lifetime warranty so no worries.

I for one think 2012 in a HUGE step forward for Elite.

Just sayin!
                      I agree with you, but that's why the need to spend even more time and resources to insure that these issues are caught in house and not caught by dealers and customers. Not out filming upcoming TV shows and DVD's. Time to start spending a little more time in NY and not all over the world filming.
                      -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

I switched from Bowtech for this reason, and my new Elites are awsome, My 2012 Bowtech would chip if it even hit a twig on the limb!! Riser finish on the Bowtech is awsome, if Elite would use this Finish it would male them untouchable! The invelvet finish of the past was the main reason i stayed with bowtech, But recently they have been of poor quality also? If youre lookin for a shootin machine, Elite is the way to go. Every company has bumps in the road when it comes to their builds, give it time and they will fix the problems!!! But Take a look at whats out there and its not good demand is high and im sure production is stressed!
                        Last edited by scottyc; 11-27-2011, 03:22 PM.
                        2010, Z28 60#, HHA triple threat 500, Limbdriver Pro,
                        2009, Bowtech Captin 70#, HHA triple threat 500, Limbdriver pro
                        2010, Z28 60#, (To be set up)
                        Gold Tip, Rage BH,

Comment

I'm pretty sure they aren't doing everything in house. J2 is still doing Alot of the machining and other parts are subbed out to other machine shops. I would like to hear if Colofusion is still doing the finish?
                          Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

I'm more concerned that they only released one bow this year and simply added the 2011 bows to their 2012 lineup. One of my best buddies was planning on buying a 2012 model from Elite this year only to find out there was only one bow to choose from, that isn't even jaw dropping. If this year's trend in quality/selection continues I'll be buying from Bear or Matthew's in a few years when my 2011 Hunter becomes outdated.

Also, I would like to add that the new logo is very unappealing, at least compared to the old one.
                            2012 Answer AP Snow #70
                            Stokerized Edge AP Snow
                            Trophy Ridge Hitman 3

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner Mann View Post
                              I'm more concerned that they only released one bow this year and simply added the 2011 bows to their 2012 lineup. One of my best buddies was planning on buying a 2012 model from Elite this year only to find out there was only one bow to choose from, that isn't even jaw dropping. If this year's trend in quality/selection continues I'll be buying from Bear or Matthew's in a few years when my 2011 Hunter becomes outdated.

Also, I would like to add that the new logo is very unappealing, at least compared to the old one.
                              One of things I like about Elite is that they don't have twenty different models to choose from. So far the Answers and 2012 bows I have seen are just as good as the old ones. Hopefully when my Answer eventually arrives I can post postive things about its finish as well.

Steve
                              2011 Elite Pure Snow 70lb 29"
                              2012 Elite Answer APG 70lb 29"
                              2013 Mathews Creed 70lb 28.5"

I've got a snow camo Elite hatgreenwithenvy

Comment

Working...
                              X