Custom string/cable recomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom string/cable recomendations

I know a few guys on here make custom strings..... any recomendations on whom to use? Or should i just use vaportrail?
    Dominic

Originally posted by farmerd View Post
    I know a few guys on here make custom strings..... any recomendations on whom to use? Or should i just use vaportrail?
    Dominic
    You can use whoever tickles your fancy. I had used Stage 1 and Corey Barber. I have played with and dissected the strings from those two, Twisted Archer, Crakers, Vaportrail. Until I started building my own. All build quality strings, Twisted has a heck of a deal going right now and builds a great set of strings.

YETI ARCHERY

CUSTOM GRIPS AND SIDE PLATES
    "If you can dream it, I can build it."

Comment

Twisted Archer Custom Bow Strings... You can find Jamie at this link:
      http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31720

or:
      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Twisted+Archer+Custom+Bow+Strings
      Last edited by stickem'; 12-02-2011, 09:38 PM.
      Elite GT500 (09' AT Snow)
      Elite Z28 (09' AT)
      Elite XLR (09' AT)
      Mathews SBXT (07')

Comment

Stage 1 Strings are the only ones I use!
        Stage 1 Strings PS, Slick Trick PS, Gold Tip AS, Trophy Blend Scents PS, Bohning SS, CarboMask PS, Spot Hogg PS, Dead Center Archery PS, TightSpot PS, Team QAD, Tenzing FS, Swarovski Field Tech

Comment

thanks guys, sent jamie a pm.

Comment

TAZ Strings! Tim makes some great strings!

Comment

ProLine BowStrings :-)
              ProLine Bowstrings-Owner
              Visit us at:
              WWW.ProLineBowStrings.COM

Comment

Originally posted by ProLine View Post
                ProLine BowStrings :-)
                Pm sent. Check your in box.

Comment

What defines a high quality string?
                  2013 Elite Answer (Black) 70lb, MBG, Ripcord SOS
                  2010 Elite Z28 (AP) 70lb, MBG, Limbdriver ProV
                  Easton FMJs

Comment

Originally posted by farmerd View Post
                    Pm sent. Check your in box.
                    Replied sir, hope to hear more from you

Joe
                    ProLine BowStrings
                    ProLine Bowstrings-Owner
                    Visit us at:
                    WWW.ProLineBowStrings.COM

Comment

Joe
                      ProLine BowStrings
                      Sent you an email. Need some direction on what to order and how. Would like to get some thing on the way asap. Thanks, dominic

Comment

Joe
                        ProLine BowStrings
                        Joe makes a really good string and really stands behind his product. I've had lots of Proline sets. 60X and Johns Customs which can both be found on AT also make great strings. Can't go wrong with any of these 3. Have not used anything else but these.

Comment

Originally posted by High Country View Post
                          What defines a high quality string?
                          It is in how they are built, some will have rotation on your peep as you pull it back and some will not. All makers pull tension on their strings before serving, they all serve differently, some serve the end loops some use the tag ends, and some leave the loops without either. A custom set of strings are made to your choice of colors and can be made to your specs. Not all the bow companies specs for string and cable lengths are right. They are calculated to get a close set up across a multiple count of bows. In other words not every bow is exactly the same they all have variances in their specs. that is why you have a +/- amount listed for tuning. Some people like myself tune their bow and find that once it is in tune that one or more of the cables have more twists then the other or more than the string. This does not hurt anything but I like mine to be the same part OCD I guess. When I tune my set up I will go back and make a new set to my specs so they are the same. When things are machined be it cams, risers or anything else for that matter they are cut by bits. As the bit or cutting head dulls the tolerances change so you have a acceptable range though we are talking thousandths of a inch it is still a difference. Not stock strings have a +/- amount in them to make up for that and to make it easier to sell sets that cover all in the line for that particular model. Like I said for most people that is perfectly fine. Some will tune and re-tune their bows to get the most out of it. Some call this super tuning but in reality it is just having a bow that is in tune. Mostly though a custom set is just being able to get what colors you want and hopefully last longer or fray/fuzz less. Hope this helps answer what you had asked.

YETI ARCHERY

CUSTOM GRIPS AND SIDE PLATES
                          "If you can dream it, I can build it."

Comment

60x, makes great strings
                            2011 Elite Hunter 61#
                            Sauk Trail Spirit recurve 50# / Stalker Recurves Tracker 40#
                            KUIU / CBE / Widowmaker / VPA

Comment

Originally posted by 72Beetle View Post
                              It is in how they are built, some will have rotation on your peep as you pull it back and some will not. All makers pull tension on their strings before serving, they all serve differently, some serve the end loops some use the tag ends, and some leave the loops without either. A custom set of strings are made to your choice of colors and can be made to your specs. Not all the bow companies specs for string and cable lengths are right. They are calculated to get a close set up across a multiple count of bows. In other words not every bow is exactly the same they all have variances in their specs. that is why you have a +/- amount listed for tuning. Some people like myself tune their bow and find that once it is in tune that one or more of the cables have more twists then the other or more than the string. This does not hurt anything but I like mine to be the same part OCD I guess. When I tune my set up I will go back and make a new set to my specs so they are the same. When things are machined be it cams, risers or anything else for that matter they are cut by bits. As the bit or cutting head dulls the tolerances change so you have a acceptable range though we are talking thousandths of a inch it is still a difference. Not stock strings have a +/- amount in them to make up for that and to make it easier to sell sets that cover all in the line for that particular model. Like I said for most people that is perfectly fine. Some will tune and re-tune their bows to get the most out of it. Some call this super tuning but in reality it is just having a bow that is in tune. Mostly though a custom set is just being able to get what colors you want and hopefully last longer or fray/fuzz less. Hope this helps answer what you had asked.
                              Thanks, that helps. What about the different numbers associated with strings? Also some strings claim to be quieter (i.e Ninja bowstrings???). Numbers of strands, ultracam, 452x, etc. ??
                              2013 Elite Answer (Black) 70lb, MBG, Ripcord SOS
                              2010 Elite Z28 (AP) 70lb, MBG, Limbdriver ProV
                              Easton FMJs

Comment

Working...
                              X