X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why so many 60#

Why so many 60#lb Answers out there but no 70#.. I want a 70# Answer and cant find one in Michigan
    Elite Hunter in AT Snow
    NAP Apache rest
    Vital Bow Gear sight

Men are no longer men. Its **** near impossible to find a 70lb bow these days.

Comment

There is really no need anymore. Todays 60 was yesterdays 70. It seems that a lot of people now shoot higher rated IBO bows at lower poundage that average performing bows at a higher weight.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Comment

The above is demasculine propaganda. Even though I'll snicker, I'll let 60 slide on the 3d course, but hunting...I can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcherAdam View Post
          There is really no need anymore. Todays 60 was yesterdays 70. It seems that a lot of people now shoot higher rated IBO bows at lower poundage that average performing bows at a higher weight.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
          Agreed I do not see a reason, shot 80lbs for years, then 70lb, now an unmanly 60. But my arrow shoots just as flat and flatter from my 80lb days and goes just as far through the deer.

Comment

also have another point of view. 60 pounds are relatively easy to handle ... 70 pounds are too large. We know that lowering the poundage of a bow from 70 pounds to 65 (adjusting screws) does not make it. Raise the "power" of an 60 pounds by turning the cable does not lead to large increases.
            No manufacturer brings to the market bows at just 65 pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFist View Post
              Men are no longer men. Its **** near impossible to find a 70lb bow these days.
              I did not say it this time!!!!!
              EAT, SLEEP, BOW HUNT!!!!!

Comment

I've had 2 70lb Answers come in. They can be had for the asking but if I were just deer hunting out of a tree I wouldn't be shooting more than 60.
                Last edited by KodiakArcher; 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM.
                2012 Answer AT Max-1 71# 29.5"
                2013 Answer Snow 73#, 29.5"
                2014 Energy 35 RAT Snow 60#, 30"
                2014 Energy 35 Ninja 70#, 30"

Past Elites
                2009 Z28 70# & 80# 29.5" AP
                2010 Z28 70# 29.5" AP Snow
                2012 Tour 60# 29.5" AT AP Snow

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                  also have another point of view. 60 pounds are relatively easy to handle ... 70 pounds are too large. We know that lowering the poundage of a bow from 70 pounds to 65 (adjusting screws) does not make it. Raise the "power" of an 60 pounds by turning the cable does not lead to large increases.
                  No manufacturer brings to the market bows at just 65 pounds?
                  Lotīs of manufactures do offer 65lbs max bows!

Comment

I' m glad to hear, when I came in U.S.A I'll buy what I need.
                    In Europe, the choice is very limited, importers are limited to the usual 4-5 brands.
                    Already difficult to find a Bear or APA. Imagine a 65 lbs!

Comment

I turned my man card for 70# bows a while back and my shoulders continue thank each and every time I shoot but I am also 43 not the strapping 23 year old I once was...aging tends to have its way with knees and shoulders.
                      2013 Hoyt Spyder 34
                      2011 Elite Pulse

Comment

My 70 pound Answer is backed off to 65#. That is just what I like to shoot. I'm trying to find a set of 123def. limbs to make it a 65# max bow so I'll likely sell or trade the 114's (70# on Answer) when I find some.
                        E35 Max 1
                        2010 Z28 Max 1
                        Target rig...To Be Announced

Comment

Not a man because I don't shoot 70#'s anymore , HUH now I'm insulted . Besides that ,how did you know I sit down to pee .
                          2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

Originally posted by stikbow26 View Post
                            Why so many 60#lb Answers out there but no 70#.. I want a 70# Answer and cant find one in Michigan
                            Ya and they are probably all in Ninja too. That is all I am finding are Ninja bows.
                            2014 60# Elite Energy 32 AT Realtree Xtra
                            2013 60# Obsession Knightmare Black

Comment

I believe Elite stated they started with all Ninja's in 60 lb with 28" & 29" mods, then they went from what I have heard and it could be wrong and started making AT & camo Answer's in the same configuration. All the 70 lb Answer's and different mods were run later, again from what I heard most wanted 60 lb bows since the speed loss is minimal against a 70 lb Answer.
                              Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings-Owner
                              Envy's & SBH Energy's (1 Updated K8's & 1 Rev'd)
                              IN MEMORY OF MELISSA LOPEZ, WE LOVE AND TRULY MISS YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X