X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Loop ..Nock Height...QAD Rest

my Qad HDX is set so it hits the shelf pretty hard i would like to raise it a bit to just clear the shelf (there is enough travel on the QAD to do this) this means of course i will have to raise the D loop to match.

will doing this have any adverse effects on accuracy (assuming i get the D Loop and rest back in line at 90deg)
    How can i raise the D loop (at moment i dont have ant D loop material so have to re use)
    Can i loosen D loop and re tighten..how would i do this

When i raise the rest so the QAD just clears the shelf and set the arrow 90deg to the string , i can see just less than half the berger hole below the arrow, is that ok , or is the arrow too high

You want to keep the center of the arrow 7/8" - 15/16" above the shelf, at most.

To move your loop, just screw it up or down the serving. The way the serving is wrapped, it almost works like a threaded screw.
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Comment

what actually happens if the distance is a bit bigger than those specs, to get the QAd to juuuust clear the shelf the distance to center line of arrow is 1 1/16 "

Comment

Here's something else you can try. grind the V in the rest a little deeper. That way you can raise your rest up, but keep your arrow position the same.
        -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by pbusanga View Post
          what actually happens if the distance is a bit bigger than those specs, to get the QAd to juuuust clear the shelf the distance to center line of arrow is 1 1/16 "
          The bow gets harder to tune and may not tune well, at all.
          989-697-5341
          Our racks are loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by pbusanga View Post
            Use the tl1 launcher that came with your qad it was made for bowtech and elite bows to get more shelf clearance it lets your shaft ride deeper into the forks.
            2014 Engery 35 RTX
            2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
            2012Tour 29 60 Blue
            2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
            2014 Blue E35 29 60
            2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
            Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Comment

Originally posted by Done Right View Post
              Use the tl1 launcher that came with your qad it was made for bowtech and elite bows to get more shelf clearance it lets your shaft ride deeper into the forks.
              The tl1 launcher is actually 1/8 higher in the valley. It's made for fletching clearance not shelf clearance.
              -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

Maybe QAD should look at offering another fork option with a deeper V in it as i understand this situation arises on a few other brands of bows as well.

Comment

Maybe you can move it back so it's behind the shelf. I'm too not familiar with QAD rests but this worked great with my limb driver. Especially after I trimmed down the forks.
                  08.5 GT500
                  09 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by QuickRick View Post
                    Maybe you can move it back so it's behind the shelf. I'm too not familiar with QAD rests but this worked great with my limb driver. Especially after I trimmed down the forks.
                    you mean so it acts almost like an overdraw rest ?

Comment

I thought center shot was measured off the side of the riser not the bottom of the shelf? I've never had a problem getting a QAD to clear on my Hoyte but again I adjusted up so it wouldn't. I was planning on purchasing the same rest for my new Answer so I'm finding this post very curious.
                      Epsom, Nh
                      Hoyte AM 35 27.5/60
                      Elite Answer 27.5/60
                      Spot Hogg Hunter
                      QAD Ultra

Comment

Originally posted by bdragon View Post
                        I thought center shot was measured off the side of the riser not the bottom of the shelf? I've never had a problem getting a QAD to clear on my Hoyte but again I adjusted up so it wouldn't. I was planning on purchasing the same rest for my new Answer so I'm finding this post very curious.
                        ???? we are talking about the height of the arrow / forks above the shelf. trying to raise my rest to avoid forks banging down on shelf during release, without the arrow getting too high above the berger holes

Comment

Center shot to me has always been the center of the shaft from the side of the riser, please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm thinking I'll need to pull my Larry Wise training manual out tonight!
                          Epsom, Nh
                          Hoyte AM 35 27.5/60
                          Elite Answer 27.5/60
                          Spot Hogg Hunter
                          QAD Ultra

Comment

Originally posted by bdragon View Post
                            Center shot to me has always been the center of the shaft from the side of the riser, please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm thinking I'll need to pull my Larry Wise training manual out tonight!
                            You're correct. We're not talking about centershot in this thread.
                            989-697-5341
                            Our racks are loaded.

Comment

To mant questions and I don't want to sound cridical so I'll just follow the post. I guess I'm just struggling with the tuning comment, the adjustment I understand.
                              Epsom, Nh
                              Hoyte AM 35 27.5/60
                              Elite Answer 27.5/60
                              Spot Hogg Hunter
                              QAD Ultra

Comment

Working...
                              X