Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your actually FPS vs. birth certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is your actually FPS vs. birth certificate

    What are you guys getting for real world performance with your Elites. I know some bows have a quoted IBO speed and the bow wont even come close to it cough cough drenalin cough.. I know that the make and model of cronograph plays a part. Just would like to get everyone's experience.

    nine22

  • #2
    After carefully tuning my Elite, I was able to exceed it. Chances are you can equal or exceed your birth certificate too. They don't have time to perfectly tune every bow that goes out the door. No manufacturer does. You wouldn't want to pay what it would cost if they did. It is up to your Pro shop or you to achieve the perfect tune. Frankly, often it becomes your job. They're not nearly enough Pro shops that really understand these bows. If your local shop does, thank him from the bottom of your heart for what he does for you.
    Dave Nowlin
    Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
    In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
    LimbDriver Pro Staff
    2006 Suzuki King Quad
    If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Mine has been exceeded by 4 fps, and 1 fps over the high ibo rating. Take the time to tune and you will get what you paid for.
      Elite Archery Dealer
      Carbon Express Dealer
      Sword Accusite
      IDF4L

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
        After carefully tuning my Elite, I was able to exceed it. Chances are you can equal or exceed your birth certificate too. They don't have time to perfectly tune every bow that goes out the door. No manufacturer does. You wouldn't want to pay what it would cost if they did. It is up to your Pro shop or you to achieve the perfect tune. Frankly, often it becomes your job. They're not nearly enough Pro shops that really understand these bows. If your local shop does, thank him from the bottom of your heart for what he does for you.
        Dave Nowlin
        We do tune and shoot every bow that goes out the door. Each bow gets at least three shots through the chrono before we package it up for shipping.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Elite_Brad View Post
          We do tune and shoot every bow that goes out the door.
          Brad No dis repect here at all cause what you are saying is more than what i would expect but Dave is talking super tuning to the nth degree.There are very few that can tune their own bow like Dave.And a large part of tuning can not be done by you anyways.I am talking rest,arrows and broadheads.The timing of the binary cam is soooooooooooo critical for maximum performance so if that is dead on that is a great start.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nine22 View Post
            What are you guys getting for real world performance with your Elites. I know some bows have a quoted IBO speed and the bow wont even come close to it cough cough drenalin cough.. I know that the make and model of cronograph plays a part. Just would like to get everyone's experience.

            nine22
            I was 13 fps slower than what the spec card said, but we later found out the Chronoy was slightly tempermental and had a sweet spot in it. So in reality I was either right on or a little above the spec card info
            DKMF

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't want to pick a fight here, but are you saying that no one can improve on the way the bow is tuned when it leaves Elite? I believe Tuskbuster, Crackers, myself or a number of other good bow tuners can improve on anybodys factory tuning job. I will gladly explain why to you Brad if you like. Just call me. Of course Tuskbuster or Crackers could too.
              Dave Nowlin
              Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
              In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
              LimbDriver Pro Staff
              2006 Suzuki King Quad
              If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Dave and Brad,
                thanks for your input!! Dave, are you using a draw board to check the cam rotation etc. If so, give us an idea on what you are looking for?
                Thanks everyone that has checked in so far. Lets hear from some others.
                No I don't have a pro shop nearby that knows what they are doing. They believe in get the bow close and get the customer out the door.
                nine22

                Comment


                • #9
                  I use an E.L.P. bowpress made by LA Archery of LaCenter, Kentucky. It has a vertical draw board and allows timing to the nth degree. It is a great tool and should be considered by any dealer of Binary Cam bows if he wants to efficiently service and tune these bows. I can get close without it but not dead on. I can easily explain to you how to tune your own bow if you have the tools and mechanical appitude. These bows weren't designed by a rocket scientist and you don't have to be one to work on them. Common sense does help a lot though. What I've learned about these bows is nothing more than applied common sense and attention to detail.

                  Dave Nowlin
                  Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
                  In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
                  LimbDriver Pro Staff
                  2006 Suzuki King Quad
                  If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So is speed the only thing we're looking for here on this super-tuned bow. Say I receive my Elite or any new bow for that matter and I put my stuff on and paper tune and shoot it through the chrony. I should be 5 fps slower (or so) since I've put a d-loop and peep in the string. Now I've done that and it paper tunes perfectly and groups terrific. If it's then supertuned by a bow guru it will be more efficient and gain a few ft. per second, is that the jist of it. I guess the fps gained would depend on how out of spec the bow is, but if the bow is close to spec and shooting well is it necessary.
                    2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                    Frequent Frankenbower

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Of course it isn't necessary but it is desirable. If your peak draw weight remains the same and your draw length doesn't change why wouldn't you want all the speed you can get? You've done the work to draw the bow, why not get all the speed that is available. Speed here is only a way to judge improvement. I'm not promoting light weight arrows or that sort of thing just receiving maximum efficiency from my equipment. I shoot 60# and arrows that weigh from about 375 to 425 grains. The bow is quieter with an arrow which is a little heavier and also more efficient.
                      Dave Nowlin
                      Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
                      In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
                      LimbDriver Pro Staff
                      2006 Suzuki King Quad
                      If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Playingthewind View Post
                        Brad No dis repect here at all cause what you are saying is more than what i would expect but Dave is talking super tuning to the nth degree.There are very few that can tune their own bow like Dave.And a large part of tuning can not be done by you anyways.I am talking rest,arrows and broadheads.The timing of the binary cam is soooooooooooo critical for maximum performance so if that is dead on that is a great start.
                        Hey, none taken. I understand what you are saying about super tuning. I just thought Dave was saying we didn't do any tuning.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
                          Of course it isn't necessary but it is desirable. If your peak draw weight remains the same and your draw length doesn't change why wouldn't you want all the speed you can get? You've done the work to draw the bow, why not get all the speed that is available. Speed here is only a way to judge improvement. I'm not promoting light weight arrows or that sort of thing just receiving maximum efficiency from my equipment. I shoot 60# and arrows that weigh from about 375 to 425 grains. The bow is quieter with an arrow which is a little heavier and also more efficient.
                          Dave Nowlin
                          Understood and agreed with
                          2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                          Frequent Frankenbower

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mine did 1 under what BC said (could be difference in chronys at that min difference)

                            "super" tuned mine and got better.

                            I consistantly get 299-301 @ 28" draw and 68lbs with a 394gr arrow

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My Ice shot about 5 fps under the BC but I have a cheap chrony and the arrow was 6 grains over ibo.
                              Elite Fire, AT, 60 lbs.
                              Elite Ice, AT, 60 lbs. Gone
                              Black Widow PSAX Bacote. <><

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X