X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your answer for wear

So I have been shooting my new answer and the serving loops at the cams, in particular the bottom cam and the string at the bottom cam are showing significant wear. Its to the point that I am getting worried about it seperating. I need to get back to my dealer and see what he thinks. I think I have one of the early run bows so not sure if I have the ninja bowstrings or someting else. Anyone know how to tell what you have?

I will try and post some pics I took today. The first one is a comparison with my year old Pure which probably has a thousand shots thru it, has the original string and shows none of the wear that the answer does.

Anyone else having this problem?

Steve
    Last edited by alaskariverguy; 01-05-2012, 11:36 AM. Reason: adding info
    2011 Elite Pure Snow 70lb 29"
    2012 Elite Answer APG 70lb 29"
    2013 Mathews Creed 70lb 28.5"

I've got a snow camo Elite hatgreenwithenvy

Originally posted by alaskariverguy View Post
    So I have been shooting my new answer and the serving loops at the cams, in particular the bottom cam and the string at the bottom cam are showing significant wear. Its to the point that I am getting worried about it seperating. I need to get back to my dealer and see what he thinks. I think I have one of the early run bows so not sure if I have the ninja bowstrings or someting else. Anyone know how to tell what you have?

I will try and post some pics I took today. One of them was a comparison with my Pure which probably has a thousand shots thru it and shows none o the wear that the answer does.

Anyone else having this problem?

Steve
    Steve,

That actually looks like it was tag end served which is only string material used as serving, it doesn't look like it was served with 2X or halo. From what Elite has stated I believe they actually serve the loops with serving now but I could be wrong. Either way your set is looking like that because if it was just tag served then the 452X is fuzzing up, a lot of string builders do the loops that way to keep a smoother transition from the loop to the string and what you are seeing is not that uncommon at least on some of the Answers.

Here is a link to the Ninja Bowstrings thread http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...nja+bowstrings

Pete actually replied with the following in the thread on page 7 post #62

Originally posted by Hunterpete View Post
    We will stand behind everything we make. If you have an issue, contact us and we will take care of it. Most of the complaints I know have been addressed. I am very confident in Ninja, I was the one who brought him to G5 years ago. Again, if you have an issue, just contact us.
    I hope this helps.

Jamie
    Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings-Owner
    Envy's & SBH Energy's (1 Updated K8's & 1 Rev'd)
    IN MEMORY OF MELISSA LOPEZ, WE LOVE AND TRULY MISS YOU.

Comment

Well from what I have been told, what you show in the photo is from putting the loop on and off the post a few times when the bow was setup and tuned. And the loops taking abit of wear as the posts edges are kinda of sharp. And that you really shouldnt see any further wear than what you see.
      Thats what I have heard anyhow.
      Maybe others have more insight than that?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail1 View Post
        Well from what I have been told, what you show in the photo is from putting the loop on and off the post a few times when the bow was setup and tuned. And the loops taking abit of wear as the posts edges are kinda of sharp. And that you really shouldnt see any further wear than what you see.
        Thats what I have heard anyhow.
        Maybe others have more insight than that?
        I believe thats a true story. I had a couple of Primals and both of them did the same thing. I actually orderd a new set from G5 and they too did the same thing with very little tuning.

But the more I messed with them, the quicker the serving came loose.
        Match your rig to da gig

Comment

My only complaint about elite is there stirngs I honestly think their junk an order customs when I buy a new bow

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

mine look ok so far but I did notice the sharp edge on the posts. I have not had to do any twisting or tuning yet but it will definatley cause problems if you are not careful.

Comment

I have had my Answer since Christmas ... put probably close to 500 arrows throught it and so far no wear. I have have only had to put 1 twist in the cable and align my peep with 1 full turn in the string.

I'll keep an eye out but it looks pretty clean so far..
              12 Answer 28"
              QAD HD, Tek-Hunter, viper scope

14 Energy 28"
              QAD HDX, Tek-Hunter 4 pin

Comment

This is not uncommon I have seen this on a lot of different brands. I have one post my answer doing the same thing I just checked it out to see if there were any sharp edges looked good it was just the way the serving was done.
                EAT, SLEEP, BOW HUNT!!!!!

Comment

It is tag end served....but it also looks like the one on your Pure is the same way. The thing is the tag end job on your Answer is a crap job or there are burs on your cam pegs. All the strings I have used for probably the past 4-5 years other then WC have been tag end served. Not one of them looks like that. I cut a string the other day and took the set off and that set which has been on there since this past spring look great. The set on my other bow has been on a bow since May 2010 and have been pulled on and off the post god knows how many times...actually they have been on 3 bows...they still look new. The set I have on the bow now I made 4 months ago...and I suck at string making in comparison to most....and just put them back on and they look new still and I have put them to work coming on and off getting two bows setup.

The company doing the strings needs to do a better job of serving with the tag ends. They aren't pulling them tight enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Hornet View Post
                    ...or there are burs on your cam pegs.
                    It's not the string. All my strings are tag end served and I've never seen anything like this caused by a string in 20+ years of working on bows. It's always either a bur or sand/dirt in the cam track.

My answer did this to my first set of strings as well. I took the cams off and polished all the posts by lapping them with a piece of release rope saturated in valve grinding compound. The problem is now solved.
                    2012 Answer AT Max-1 71# 29.5"
                    2013 Answer Snow 73#, 29.5"
                    2014 Energy 35 RAT Snow 60#, 30"
                    2014 Energy 35 Ninja 70#, 30"

Past Elites
                    2009 Z28 70# & 80# 29.5" AP
                    2010 Z28 70# 29.5" AP Snow
                    2012 Tour 60# 29.5" AT AP Snow

Comment

Originally posted by KodiakArcher View Post
                      It's not the string. All my strings are tag end served and I've never seen anything like this caused by a string in 20+ years of working on bows. It's always either a bur or sand/dirt in the cam track.

My answer did this to my first set of strings as well. I took the cams off and polished all the posts by lapping them with a piece of release rope saturated in valve grinding compound. The problem is now solved.
                      Good idea.
                      Match your rig to da gig

Comment

I thought you were a dealer out on Kodiak?
                        EAT, SLEEP, BOW HUNT!!!!!

Comment

Its sharp edges and they need to be touched up. KodiakArcher has some good advise on how.
                          If its something you or your dealer isnt comfortable to do I would call or send it to Elite.
                          IMO should of been caught before or during assembly and Im sure its been fixed since the first how ever many were shipped.
                          I have one also doing the same.
                          No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

I think it has been on here before but it was just poor work by the machine Shop. After the cam came off the CNC it should have been caught when it was being deburred.
                            Last edited by IRISH66; 01-06-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

My concern is that it seems to get worse the more I shoot it and I am worried about string failure. Hoepfully I can make it to the dealer today for a check up. Bummer is that indoor season starts this saturday.
                              2011 Elite Pure Snow 70lb 29"
                              2012 Elite Answer APG 70lb 29"
                              2013 Mathews Creed 70lb 28.5"

I've got a snow camo Elite hatgreenwithenvy

Comment

Working...
                              X