X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you 3d shooters

Do you guys think a copper John ants 2 with a viper scope 1 3/8 scope with 4 power lens and .19 pin will work as a good 3d setup on a pure. Thanks
    Elite J

Personally,,, I wouldnt shoot a Copper John2 as they are too hard to setup and just not as good as maybe Surloc or CBE,,,, Quality is everything...
    2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

sounds good to me
      Envy 4 times
      GT 500
      E-FORCE
      ENERGY 35

Comment

Takeup please explain to hard to setup. Thanks
        Elite J

Comment

Don't have any experience with the Copper John but your basic set-up sounds fine. I would suggest a blue fiber in your up pin. It will contrast pretty much everything.
          08 GTO Ninja
          08.5 XLR Snow Camo A/T (currently)
          Hoyt Gamemaster
          Mathews Rival Pro
          New Breed Horizon
          New Breed Eclipse

"Don't out smart your common sense"

Comment

I'm a fan of the Axcel sights but I do use Viper scopes and they are a great value however their lenses aren't great. I switched to a better lens last year and it was a big improvement.
            2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
            Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Originally posted by shootstraight View Post
              I'm a fan of the Axcel sights but I do use Viper scopes and they are a great value however their lenses aren't great. I switched to a better lens last year and it was a big improvement.
              Gotta have good glass. Have to see what you are shooting at.
              08 GTO Ninja
              Hoyt Gamemaster
              Mathews Rival Pro
              New Breed Horizon
              New Breed Eclipse

Comment

It will work .....but isn't the best sight out there. I shot for them for a couple years and used their sights for years. There are better sights out there.

The sights aren't that hard to setup. They are harder then a couple others....but once you get a feel for them they aren't harder to setup then a TRU Ball.

I'd go with a CBE over everything out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brown hornet I used to shoot a cbe but after they teamed up with Scott I really felt like the quality went down hill. Not bashing them but we sold several of them sights and many were having trouble for various reasons.
                  Elite J

Comment

I have used Sure Loc for years and have not had any problems. I used an Axcel once but didnt like the weight. Thought about one of the Spott Hog's but after looking at all of the component parts used in the construction I changed my mind.
                    08 GTO Ninja
                    Hoyt Gamemaster
                    Mathews Rival Pro
                    New Breed Horizon
                    New Breed Eclipse

Comment

Axcel sight works real nice. No problems, rock solid. Any good quality scope. I personally shoot a 2x with a .010 blue fiber with an LP light. More power = more movement and possible a clarifier. Lower power also keeps glare down. Keep in mind my eyes are very good. You will need to try several to see what you like.

Comment

I have been shooting that exact setup, Ants & Viper, both with and without a lens for 3 years and it has worked flawlessly for me. I like the ease of adjustment. Ya, the initial setup took me a little time, like 10 minutes, and it has been set perfect since then and it has been knocked around a little! Very accurate for me. Even though I have a new CBE/Viper combo, which is the best sight I have ever used, the ANTS won't be going anywhere too soon....
                        2008.5 XLR
                        2010 Z28
                        2011 Pure
                        2011 Tour

Comment

Thanks guys for the input. Never owned a ants before but got a good deal on archery talk on the setup so I thought I would try it.
                          Elite J

Comment

Originally posted by elitej View Post
                            Brown hornet I used to shoot a cbe but after they teamed up with Scott I really felt like the quality went down hill. Not bashing them but we sold several of them sights and many were having trouble for various reasons.
                            I hear ya....I have two and have been using them for the past 2 years or so without issue...other then when my bow took a serious tumble but they fixed it and had it back to me in less then a weeks time from the day I put it in the mail.

The CJ has a lot of slop in them...that's why we used to call them Slopper John. The etched lines aren't straight or evenly spaced....and after you have had them awhile if you have the right light when you turn the elevation knob sometimes you can see metal shavings falling from the bar. I had mine jump on me on more then one occasion. Set my sight...shoot one arrow and shoot the next one and shoot a wild arrow. It happened to me at Outdoor Nationals the last year I shot it on a 30 yd target. Shot an X then the next arrow was a real low 4. My sight was in between clicks I guess but it was on 26 yds instead of 30 and all I did was grab and load another arrow.

Comment

Well hopefullyine will be alright. But if not I will have to get something else
                              Elite J

Comment

Working...
                              X