Arrow spine an length question..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow spine an length question..

Im getting ready to set up a Trophy Taker smackdown FC on my 2010 Z28..It will have 28.5DL modules on it an a med wrist Torqueless grip,and be at high 50s LB to 62LB maxed out...Will a 400 spine(55/75) Gold tip XT hunter 27in from throat of nock to end of the shaft.100grain tips(ST mags),4.5inch wraps an 2inch rayzr feathers...Will this spine match well and do you feel the arrow will be to short?
    First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns and bows....Next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants

That set-up should work well for you. My Pulse likes stiffer arrows, but the Z is much easier on 'em.
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Comment

That setup will be fine. I have never owned a 60# that I couldnt get a .400 spine arrow to work. The cutoff is normally around 64-65lbs. My current bow IBO is 342 and at 62.5/30 this is my paper tare.

Comment

OT2 says your arrows are too short (stiff) and my experience tells the same. I would say your 400 arrows should be at leat 28" long for a Z at your specs. If you can get them to shoot bullets then i wouldn't worry about but i had trouble with 27" arrows below 65 lbs.
        Elite E32 - Black 29/60
        Elite E35 - APS 29/60
        Hoyt F34 - RExtra 29/60

Comment

All my 60lb/27 Elites love to shoot my ICS/HUNTERS 400 spine cut at 26-26 1/2 inch. Yes, they say to stiff but they still shoot good and paper tune well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wideback View Post
            OT2 says your arrows are too short (stiff) and my experience tells the same. I would say your 400 arrows should be at leat 28" long for a Z at your specs. If you can get them to shoot bullets then i wouldn't worry about but i had trouble with 27" arrows below 65 lbs.
            I used to buy into OT2 until I got my Pulse. As I soon discovered, my bow didn't read the program.
            989-697-5341
            Our racks are loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Wideback View Post
              How stiff is too stiff? Was it yellow or Orange on OT2?Was this on hunting or target?If its not to much a trouble a screen shot at my specs would be very appreciative..
              First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns and bows....Next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants

Comment

OT2 says 0.450 spine for a Z at 28.5/60 using 27" arrows on the hunting setting. At 70 lbs it is perfect. I don't always trust Ot2 but it has worked well for me with the Z. I have no experience with the torqueless so your grip could change a lot as far as paper tuning goes.

OT2 matched well with my Pulse on the Xhard cam setting rather than 2xhard.
                Elite E32 - Black 29/60
                Elite E35 - APS 29/60
                Hoyt F34 - RExtra 29/60

Comment

Working...
                X