Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the poundage range the same for the Z28 as it is on the Hunter?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the poundage range the same for the Z28 as it is on the Hunter?

it has been explained to me that if i wanted to shoot 61 or 62lbs that i need the 60lb limbs that the range of 60 to 70lb in some of these ads is misleading as the bows with 70lb will not crank down to 60 but only about 66lbs...is this true of the z28 cam or the pure cam also

hope i explained tht clear , it makes my head swim a bit lol
    Mike Day
    SE Michigan

If you want to shoot 61-62lbs you should get a bow that maxes out at 60lbs as you can always get it to tune in the 61-62lb range. These would be 50-60lb limbs. Is this what you are asking?

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

If you're asking whether the 70 lb. limbs for a Hunter will be the same on a Z28; No. 70 lb. limbs on a Hunter (105 deflection) are 80 lbs on a Z.

The range is 10 lbs. for the limbs. Most Elite bows come in 2-4 lbs. over their stated max weight. A 70 lb. bow that comes in at a max of 72 lbs. can be dialed back to 62 lbs. safely, no matter the model of the bow. If you want to shoot 62 lbs. though, see what Texas 10pt. said above.
      2012 Answer AT Max-1 71# 29.5"
      2013 Answer Snow 73#, 29.5"
      2014 Energy 35 RAT Snow 60#, 30"
      2014 Energy 35 Ninja 70#, 30"

Past Elites
      2009 Z28 70# & 80# 29.5" AP
      2010 Z28 70# 29.5" AP Snow
      2012 Tour 60# 29.5" AT AP Snow

Comment

You can crank an elite 70# bow down to 55# without any problems but you lose some performance.
        Impact, Pure, Syn Xt, Sbh energy

Comment

If you want to shoot 62 lbs, or so, you should opt for the 60 lb model. They're capable of a few pounds more than the rated 60 and a bow always shoots better at it's peak than it does when backed down.
          989-697-5341
          Our racks are loaded.

Comment

it makes scence to shoot at max poundage of the limb..but what I was getting at is my carnage is a 50-60 and maxes at 64lbs..i can back it down to 50 with no problems and i do for indoor leagues...but when i shot the pure on sat at 60lbs I thought i could shoot it at 65 easy because it pulled so nice..i guess if i go with the z28 i will get the 60lb limbs and hope i can squeek a few extra..i would never shoot 70lbs but i would like to shoot 62 or 64lb if possible.
            thanks for the good info everyone
            Mike Day
            SE Michigan

Comment

You can always buy another set of limbs to make it a 65 lb max. Not sure what number limbs you need but I remember someone saying it was around 121 or 123. Something like that. I was considering going up in poundage, from my 60 lbs limbs.
              2010.5 60# Z28 Real Tree
              Elite 7" Stabilizer
              HHA Slider sight
              G5 Expert 2 arrow rest
              Tree Limb Premium Quiver
              Harvest Time Arrows/Deer Crossing Archery Arrows
              Ramcat BH's

Comment

You might be surprised by what you can pull with the Z. I am a strict 60lb guy and shoot my 70lb Z maxed out in my 3d league no problem. It pulls silky smooth!
                2010 GT500 40lb
                2010 Judge 50lb harvest moon
                2012 Prime Shift LR 40lb Optifade Forest
                2014 Elite Energy 35
                Custom Strings starting at $45! To order, click link below!
                https://catfishcustoms.wufoo.com/for...stoms-strings/

Comment

thats what i afraid of..buying the 60lb limbed bow and maxing out to say 62ish when I could have got the 70lb limbs and shot at 66lb just fine..lol
                  Mike Day
                  SE Michigan

Comment

Working...
                  X