Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service Experiment

Hi:

I just seen some guy over on AT saying that he has tried to get ahold of Elite via telephone for the last 3 weeks with no success. This has prompted me to independently take it upon myself to conduct an independent experiment.

Over the course of 10 business days, I have chosen 5 archery companies to pool from. Each company will receive 25 phone calls per day, at random times, from random land lines, with random archery related topics in order to gauge each company's customer service with respect to the 'talking to an english speaking human being factor'

Once I process the data in my lab and compile the results, I will be sharing my report with the archery community.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Come on Slippy......do the math, that's 1,250 calls in two weeks.

Can you conger up that many questions???
    Terminal Velocity Staff Shooter, Sword Acu-Site Staff Shooter
    Check it:
    www.huntingbrotherhood.com
    "That's How I Roll"
    S C P 4 L

Comment

He can use each question 5 times. Once at each company but that still equates to 250 questions. Can he come up with 250 legitimate questions? Only time will tell. The idle sure can come up with some strange ideas.

Dave Nowlin
      Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
      In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
      LimbDriver Pro Staff
      2006 Suzuki King Quad
      If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

Comment

Why not limit your calls to 1 per day OR drop the idea.
        You're taking the time of a tech. that could be helping someone w/ a legit. problem.
        How would u feel if you had the real problem and someone from one of those companies was busy w/ a BS call and could not help you?
        What do ya' think Chippy?
        2014 E32
        2011 PULSE AP
        TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
        Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
        Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by archer58inPA View Post
          Why not limit your calls to 1 per day OR drop the idea.
          You're taking the time of a tech.
          This is for science dammit. We can either put these myths to bed once and for all, or people can continue to piss and moan. I prefer the former (option 1).

What I am thinking is random questions:

Call 1, Company 1: Yeah, uhh...I'm having a problem with my peep lining up, can you help?

Call 2, Company 2: Yeah, uhhh....can someone tell me the wait time on target colored left handed X Models?

Call 3, Company 3: Yeah, uhhh....I was hoping to speak to company President or PR officer in order to get you to donate some archery equipment for a youth rehabilitation program...

Call 4, Company 4:...uhh...yeah...I called yesterday and was treated very VERY Rudely by a guy named Curtis, could I please speak to his supervisor?

Call 5, Company 5: ..yeah...uhh...my cams are rubbing against the idler wheel and I was wanting to see if you might think the bow is out of tiller or if the axle to axle length was off...

Just random stuff like that, at random times....

Its kinda like ordering cable, if you want to order cable, you get right through, if you want to cancel it......:censored2:.....3 hours later, you might have it cancelled...this is something that must be done..in the name of Archery and everything that is Holyier.

- Kevin Strother

Comment

You ain't got no lab unless it's chained to the dog house out in the back yard.
            Owner of:

Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Comment

Oh, he has a lab alright. A Meth lab.

I don't think your serious. 1. You must have better things to do with your time (doesnt the lab need cleaning up?) and 2. It is actually illegal. But what do you care? The lab is illegal also.
              Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

To ensure the data is not skewed you must ask the same question of each company.

Geeze you have a lot of time on your hands. Are you retired? lol

Comment

[quote=Chippy (aka Slippy);56246]This is for science dammit. We

Call 5, Company 5: ..yeah...uhh...my cams are rubbing against the idler wheel

quote]
                  I gave you my opinion....experiment away.

Just don't ask them No.5. They'll think you're drunk.
                  2014 E32
                  2011 PULSE AP
                  TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                  Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                  Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by CATrapper View Post
                    2. It is actually illegal. But what do you care?
                    Please explain there Bob.

Its illegal to call companies service to ask them questions? Please cite the Federal Statute and its State equivalent.......

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy95 View Post
                      To ensure the data is not skewed you must ask the same question of each company.

Geeze you have a lot of time on your hands. Are you retired? lol
                      Agreed, once I get my computers and phone lines hooked up it will be a snap. How do you think these telemarketing companies do it? Its all computers, no smoke and mirrors, very little human effort actually.

It may take me some time, but I would like to run this experiment through my Onstar system.

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Is this for your own gratification or do you plan to publish your results? If so, where?

Comment

Is this for your own gratification or do you plan to publish your results? If so, where?
                          I hate quoting myself, but here goes:

Once I process the data in my lab and compile the results, I will be sharing my report with the archery community

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Although not illegal, defininately libalous. After they get you for that they can counter for damages. Brilliant idea. I was going to offer to sell my GTO when the 09's come out (cheap) but you won't even be able to afford that. Just be careful.

Comment

Although not illegal, defininately libalous. After they get you for that they can counter for damages. Brilliant idea. I was going to offer to sell my GTO when the 09's come out (cheap) but you won't even be able to afford that. Just be careful.

You're a difficult one.

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Working...
                              X