Another Tek Hunter XL Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tek Hunter XL Question

If I got the Tek hunter XL with 5 pins, why couldn't I remove 4 of the pins and use the stock sight housing as a single pin slider and not have to buy a scope? Just thinking outside the box.....

No reason at all you can't do that.
    Smile!

Comment

That's basically what I'm going to do but I just ordered the standard size. The up pin gives a little better sight picture I think but a horizontal will work.
      E35 Max 1
      2010 Z28 Max 1
      Target rig...To Be Announced

Comment

If I could shoot multiple pins I would use 1-4 preset and save #5 for a movable pin. Ever since I tried a single up pin I can't go back. I forced myself to shoot a five pin for a month and still couldn't go back. I say give it a try and you can always change it later if it doesn't work for you.
        RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Comment

I currently run a Spott Hogg Hunter with 7 pins and my 20-40 have very little gap, that's why I wanted to try a single pin moveable. If I did 1-4 preset I'd still have small gap and would really be no different from what I run now. I think I'll try it and I can always upgrade to an up pin scope later if I like it.

Comment

Lots of options going that route...I think you will like that sight.
            RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEMOVER View Post
              If I could shoot multiple pins I would use 1-4 preset and save #5 for a movable pin. Ever since I tried a single up pin I can't go back. I forced myself to shoot a five pin for a month and still couldn't go back. I say give it a try and you can always change it later if it doesn't work for you.
              This is exactly what I do on my Ascent. 5-pin sight, use the bottom pin as my rover. Probably more pins than I need, but I like knowing that I can make a quick shot at 40 without having to remember to adjust the sight.

Comment

Working...
              X