QAD or Pro-V

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QAD or Pro-V

Want to have full containment on the GT500 and Hunter. Have a Pro-v on the Hunter now and like it, have a G5 EII on the GT500('09) but not full containment. Both bows will be used for Hunting and nothing else.

Probably have to move the Pro-v to the GT500 and put the QAD on the Hunter.

So QAD or Pro-v?
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

I just like the QAD better because the arrow isn't moving up and down when you draw or let down.
    E35 Max 1
    2010 Z28 Max 1
    Target rig...To Be Announced

Comment

Anyone have a QAD on the Hunter?
      LH Energy 35
      LH GT500
      LH Judge

Comment

QAD for a hunting only bow.
        2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

I have a QAD HD on my hunting GT and the older style Limbdriver on my 3D GT. I had to send my QAD in for service and they tore it down and corrected the issues so the thing is like new. Their customer service is great. No slam on Limbdriver/Vapor Trail since I have had zero issues with that rest. Just make sure you have your QAD set up properly.
          2013 Hoyt Spyder 34
          2011 Elite Pulse

Comment

I prefer the LimbDriver. It's basically failproof and that appeals to me.
            989-697-5341
            Our racks are loaded.

Comment

I only use LD's on my hunting bows
              2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
              Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

I have a QAD on my Pulse and a Pro-V on my Answer.
                I like both rests for hunting, but the Pro-V seems quieter to me.
                2014 E32
                2011 PULSE AP
                TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Limb drivers are so easy to set up and nothing tied or clamped on the cables. Are there cam synch issue with the QAD being tied or clamped to the cable?
                  LH Energy 35
                  LH GT500
                  LH Judge

Comment

Prefer the Pro V here over the QAD. For the simple fact that the Limb Driver reguires nothing mechanical to make it fall. When they limbs expand at the shot the rest is yanked down.
                    09 GT 500 Ninja @ 70lbs/29"
                    Steve's Archery Monroe VA.
                    www.twinoaksarchery.com

Comment

I prefer the pro v.

Comment

Can't really comment on the Pro V but I have had QAD on all my bows and love them.
                        Elite Energy 35 28.5" 65#
                        Trophy Taker II
                        CBE Quad Lite
                        Bee Stinger Stabilizers

Comment

They are both great hunting rests but for the full containment arguement the QAD is a better rest in my opinion. The reason i say that is the LD will need some sort of shelf holder in order to keep the arrow from bouncing anywhere within the cage while the QAD just holds the arrow still as can be. The QAD is also easier to get cocked and ready in the dark in a treesatnd if that matters. Another thing is if you need to let down from full draw the QAD still has your arrow contained while the Pro V will let the arrow go anywhere within the cage. The LD is an easier rest to set up if you have never set up a Qad.
                          2014 E32 MAX 1
                          2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS
                          LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
                          WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BAD007 View Post
                            They are both great hunting rests but for the full containment arguement the QAD is a better rest in my opinion. The reason i say that is the LD will need some sort of shelf holder in order to keep the arrow from bouncing anywhere within the cage while the QAD just holds the arrow still as can be. The QAD is also easier to get cocked and ready in the dark in a treesatnd if that matters. Another thing is if you need to let down from full draw the QAD still has your arrow contained while the Pro V will let the arrow go anywhere within the cage. The LD is an easier rest to set up if you have never set up a Qad.
                            I've got 3 QAD HDX on three of my bows now versus the rest of them having the LD. And you are right for hunting I really like the QAD much better. I haven't shot past 30 yards with the QAD yet to test it against the LD's accuracy but I would guess they are pretty close.

TEXAS
                            2011 PURE MAX 1
                            2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                            2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
                            Elite Archery Pro Staff
                            Proud Member of the Texas Boys
                            BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

Switched to the HDX awhile back and don't have any complaints. It's a solid hunting rest!

Comment

Working...
                              X