No announcement yet.

Former Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest gripe I have is not being able to go to the dealer 8 miles from my house after I spent 3k for bows and accessories because I don't trust him to work on my bows even though he is an Elite dealer. I guess being a dealer doesn't always qualify you be to a technician. Now I drive an hour one way.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
      You cant turn down someone with Money wanting to stock the bows, that ludicrous.

Most of you guys are more knowledgeable then regular walk in customers. You should really be doing what your asking your selfs. or have someone you trust help you out. You wont ever see the top shooters at any venue of archery talking about who set their bow up...you might hear what tricks they did on their own bows though.
      Elite has really helped dealers with better bows out of the box.
      I worked at a shop who has a large selection and trust me none were any better for tune when you open the box.
      Your local shop should be able to set you up too. If you know enough to not like it, then really you should learn a little more and do it your selfs. Reason I started..JMO.
      I know for a fact the money you get for tune and set ups wont keep a shop a float. they need to sell bows and accessory's. And you cant ask a shop willing to spend money stocking bows to stop or come to a class before your allowed to sell them.
      This ^^^^^^^^

It is also the reason I have just made a string jig. Last thing I need to learn to be fully self sufficient. Also seems to be the hardest thing to learn to do correctly.lol Luckily I have an excellent resource to turn to that can answer my questions.(Thanks Ben)
      Last edited by BlindBuck; 03-05-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Maybee-R;494022]You cant turn down someone with Money wanting to stock the bows, that ludicrous.
        QUOTE]

They definitely do this! Doesn't seem to matter who gets hurt anymore!!!

Comment

Well fellows i got the other shops customers Judge in working order for him and i gained a customer who had to drive a hour away to get to my shop but he will be back to see me for sure.His Judge was pretty much out of wack but it is in proper shooting order now and he is tickeled pink with the service i provided for him he was amazed with the draw board and how simple it made the fix i am sure he is telling all his Elite buddys on how i got his bow in great shooting order.I was just pleased to put a smile on his face and gain a new customer.As i stated before Elites are very easy to work on and tune sometimes it just takes a little time.
          2014 Engery 35 RTX
          2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
          2012Tour 29 60 Blue
          2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
          2014 Blue E35 29 60
          2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
          Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Comment

You cant turn down someone with Money wanting to stock the bows, that ludicrous.

Most of you guys are more knowledgeable then regular walk in customers. You should really be doing what your asking your selfs. or have someone you trust help you out. You wont ever see the top shooters at any venue of archery talking about who set their bow up...you might hear what tricks they did on their own bows though.
            I worked at a shop who has a large selection and trust me none were any better for tune when you open the box.
            Your local shop should be able to set you up too. If you know enough to not like it, then really you should learn a little more and do it your selfs. Reason I started..JMO.
            I know for a fact the money you get for tune and set ups wont keep a shop a float. they need to sell bows and accessory's. And you cant ask a shop willing to spend money stocking bows to stop or come to a class before your allowed to sell them.
            Originally posted by BlindBuck View Post
            This ^^^^^^^^

It is also the reason I have just made a string jig. Last thing I need to learn to be fully self sufficient. Also seems to be the hardest thing to learn to do correctly.lol Luckily I have an excellent resource to turn to that can answer my questions.(Thanks Ben)
            I agree with this also. 90% of the guys that frequent or come to this forum already know more than the average Joe. heck just by being able to search and find the forum shows some initiative.
            next thing you know you have a whole room for doing all the work, like BB was saying above.
            as far dealers "having" to have a draw board. the hook on the wall with a tape measure works in a cheap pinch also. most shops already have that hook for DL it's just a matter of utilizing it for looking at the cam/sync and DOTS while there. maybe hang a digital scale and use the same hook.
            Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

Id rather set my own bow up anyway, not many dealers can tune a bow to your personal specs. Thats why we do it ourselves.

Comment

My opinion is that Elite should not allow a shop to sell Elites if they do not have the proper knowledge and equipment to work on them. It degrades the brand to do so and gives Elite a black eye.
                15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
                2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

I understand your point but respectfully disagree. From strictly a business standpoint, Elite should ensure that whoever sells their bows can tune them and has the expertise and equipment to do so. I agree having them attend classes and such is unreasonable, but they should at the very least have a draw board and adequate equipment to tune a bow. If they have the equipment, it is at least likely they can use it.
                  The only reason Elite has remained competitive with the "big boys" is the difference in their customer service, warranty, and quality of their bows. If shops tune bows poorly, the owner of the bow is
                  likely to blame the bow as being no good , not the shop as incompetent. Those of us with some experience with tuning know, but not the archer who does not tune their bow. So I think it is good business even if some sales are lost in the short run.

I can see both sides however having retired from the business world myself and there is no easy answer. JMO
                  Last edited by bfoot; 03-06-2012, 05:16 AM.
                  15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
                  2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

Originally posted by bfoot View Post
                    I understand your point but respectfully disagree. From strictly a business standpoint, Elite should ensure that whoever sells their bows can tune them and has the expertise and equipment to do so. I agree having them attend classes and such is unreasonable, but they should at the very least have a draw board and adequate equipment to tune a bow. If they have the equipment, it is at least likely they can use it.
                    The only reason Elite has remained competitive with the "big boys" is the difference in their customer service, warranty, and quality of their bows. If shops tune bows poorly, the owner of the bow is
                    likely to blame the bow as being no good , not the shop as incompetent. Those of us with some experience with tuning know, but not the archer who does not tune their bow. So I think it is good business even if some sales are lost in the short run.

I can see both sides however having retired from the business world myself and there is no easy answer. JMO
                    Oh it would be nice. But its not going to happen. sorry its crazy to think it. Dealers are salesman's and some shops have workers who understand archery. I know a shop owner who has more money then brains. He couldnt identify a Mathews over a Hoyt by looking at them. But his manager used to work for bowtech and knows his stuff.
                    Matter of fact the manager gos to the shows to make the orders for the year. over a million in inventory its crazy.
                    If this employee quits or is fired then you have a shop full of bows and someone who dont understand how to set them up. Sometimes sending it off for help is the only option. and there are plenty of them.
                    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Elite dealers being required to be schooled in trouble shooting Elites and being able to optimize a Elite to its fullest potential would do nothing but raise the bar ver the other companies and would 100% assure you will have returning customers.. After all I do believe 90% of archers rely 100% on the dealer to get them set up correctly , Not all archers (like many of us here ) research things not learn any tech or trouble shooting skills for the bows . If a dealer can continously put a fine tuned bow in a customers hands , you will always have a customer
                      Elite Dealer Sports Center ​Vicksburg , MS 601-638-4262

Comment

How about in the Dealer Locator section having a "certified" tuner credential instead of "gold' and "platinum" which I take are based on amount of product ordered.

Comment

Not sure I quite understand what issues there are with tuning elite bows. I mean the dealer I go to, who doesnt deal in Elite bows, had no issue getting my bow set up. I remember asking him why you would need to twist the string or cables and he told me why, but I dont remember what he said. LOL Since I dont know much about tuning a bow, I have to rely on their expertise. My bow is within specs and both cams rotate together.
                          2010.5 60# Z28 Real Tree
                          Elite 7" Stabilizer
                          HHA Slider sight
                          G5 Expert 2 arrow rest
                          Tree Limb Premium Quiver
                          Harvest Time Arrows/Deer Crossing Archery Arrows
                          Ramcat BH's

Comment

Working...
                          X