X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Post

I know there was a post on this along time ago about Elite dealers not knowing how to tune Elite bows.Well fellows i had another elite dealer call me on tuning a Judge this dealer was clueless he didnt have a draw board or nothing his customers complaint was the dealer had replaced strings and cables and the bow was not the same as before now this dealer claims the bow was perfect i asked how the draw cycle was and he replyed very stiff as before. I didnt think the draw was stiff on the Judge i aked him what the ata and brace was and he said i didnt measure it i didnt think it was important ha ha So i told him if he didnt figure it tell your customer to come and see me and i would help him out and put it on the draw board and see we it was peaking.To make a long story short how many of you Elite brothers and sisters thinks Elite should make a better tech video and explain to the dealers who doesnt have a draw board that it is a must?I will not mention the other dealers name but i think they should fell like a big A$$ to not no what there doing.Fellows post up on this and maybe Elite will make a better tuneing video on there tech end for these dealers and everyone else out there who wants to learn.
    Last edited by Done Right; 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM.
    2014 Engery 35 RTX
    2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
    2012Tour 29 60 Blue
    2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
    2014 Blue E35 29 60
    2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
    Dealer for b2 bowstrings

The info is there top be had. Nobody is trying to keep how to tune these bows a secret. The dealer either get's behind them enough to care or he doesn't. Kinda sad to see dealers sell something they don't know about or their heart isn't in, but it's not Elite's fault. Shame on that dealer.
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Comment

Most dealers around here don't even know what a draw board is . Sad, Sad . Selling Elites you would at least think they would know what one is . Why don't rep's inform them about them . The worst part is without one it's pretty hard to check any bow .
      2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

Originally posted by Don Beaver View Post
        The info is there top be had. Nobody is trying to keep how to tune these bows a secret. The dealer either get's behind them enough to care or he doesn't. Kinda sad to see dealers sell something they don't know about or their heart isn't in, but it's not Elite's fault. Shame on that dealer.
        I totaly agree it is not Elites fault and the info is there.Elites are very simple to figure out you may have to play a little and a draw board is a very important piece to have for any dealer it saves time.
        2014 Engery 35 RTX
        2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
        2012Tour 29 60 Blue
        2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
        2014 Blue E35 29 60

Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Comment

If nothing else they may want to at least update some of the info on their current tech vids. I know it would have saved myself and a few others some major headaches had we known the most of the newer bows reach peak weight at somewhere around 7" NOT the recommended 6-6 1/2" point as the video and Mr. Sharrone clearly state.
          E35 Max 1
          2010 Z28 Max 1
          Target rig...To Be Announced

Comment

Originally posted by pbuck View Post
            If nothing else they may want to at least update some of the info on their current tech vids. I know it would have saved myself and a few others some major headaches had we known the most of the newer bows reach peak weight at somewhere around 7" NOT the recommended 6-6 1/2" point as the video and Mr. Sharrone clearly state.
            A updated video would be a plus for everyone including some dealers and the do it your selfers it would be in Elites best interest to up date the tech video.
            2014 Engery 35 RTX
            2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
            2012Tour 29 60 Blue
            2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
            2014 Blue E35 29 60

Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Comment

Agreed, updated how to vids would be a big help. I have three bows and need to work on them myself or send them to an expert because I feel that if I want to get the max out of them they need to be tuned by someone with the right tools for the job. Neither of the dealers I have been to have draw boards. One I will never give another dime to or step foot in even of they were the last archery dealer within 500 miles of me.
              LH Energy 35
              LH GT500
              LH Judge

Comment

I believe that it is Elite's best interest to offer a school to their dealers, or demand someone in the shop be trained.
                Hoyt and PSE offer dealer schools. It's a good idea.
                Auto makers demand that the dealer's mechanics keep up with the latest tech on the cars. Same situation applies here.
                2014 E32
                2011 PULSE AP
                TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by archer58inPA View Post
                  I believe that it is Elite's best interest to offer a school to their dealers, or demand someone in the shop be trained.
                  Hoyt and PSE offer dealer schools. It's a good idea.
                  Auto makers demand that the dealer's mechanics keep up with the latest tech on the cars. Same situation applies here.
                  Not all dealers need to be schooled but i have to agree they should offer something for the dealers that need it.
                  2014 Engery 35 RTX
                  2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
                  2012Tour 29 60 Blue
                  2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
                  2014 Blue E35 29 60

Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Comment

I agree that dealers should have a drawboard. They are priceless tools. We finally have a dealer close to me that has one but he is not an Elite dealer. I went to his shop the other day it was good see he had one and knew how to use it.

With that said, I just rebuilt mine so if anyone in the NW Arkansas area needs some tuning/seteup done then I would be glad to help out.

Comment

This is exactly why Rick Maybee did my GT for me and did it very well by the way. My Elite dealer doesn't have a draw board. He would laugh me out of his shop if I suggested it since he knows all about all archery equipment and tuning. I have told several other people on here and AT don't waste your time and money on your local if they don't know how to truly tune up your bow with a draw board being used. I live in CA and shipped my bow to Rick in WA. I have zero regrets since it I knew it would be done right but it's too bad our local guy can't step up. He is more interested in selling Bowtech, Hoyt, and Mathews. Elite still gets minimal respect. I could go on and on but this enough for a Sunday night.
                      2013 Hoyt Spyder 34
                      2011 Elite Pulse

Comment

IMO Elite shouldnt allow "dealers" who dont have the required tools to tune their bows to be "dealers" in the first place. You can say its not Elite's fault that the dealers dont know what their doing if the info is their to be had....but in all actuality it is because elite is allowing them to represent them and their products!

I dont allow my local shop to touch my bow or the local elite dealer, both seem to have the brains and bow sense god gave a gnat, if I dont work on my bow it goes to Fury X and Wes works his magic!
                        12 Answer
                        Dead Center ArcheryShooting StaffTriple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff
                        Elites of the past: 09 Z28, 10 Z28, 11 Pure

Comment

Originally posted by PAkilla86 View Post
                          IMO Elite shouldnt allow "dealers" who dont have the required tools to tune their bows to be "dealers" in the first place. You can say its not Elite's fault that the dealers dont know what their doing if the info is their to be had....but in all actuality it is because elite is allowing them to represent them and their products!

I dont allow my local shop to touch my bow or the local elite dealer, both seem to have the brains and bow sense god gave a gnat, if I dont work on my bow it goes to Fury X and Wes works his magic!
                          But I don't think you should have to ship a bow cross country to have it tuned. While done right it gets expensive to do that.

Bottom line is in my case I am working on a draw board and getting a press to try to do the things I need to so the last case scenario I send it out.

Best part about this forum is the folk who are willing to help others.
                          LH Energy 35
                          LH GT500
                          LH Judge

Comment

This is pure laziness on the dealers part. I am not a dealer and I can tune an Elite bow. All you have to do is want to try. If he wanted to truley satisfy his customers he would surf the web and learn how to tune a 2 trac. Its not hard. Once he learns the 2 trac cam he should be able tune plenty of different bows.

Comment

You cant turn down someone with Money wanting to stock the bows, that ludicrous.

Most of you guys are more knowledgeable then regular walk in customers. You should really be doing what your asking your selfs. or have someone you trust help you out. You wont ever see the top shooters at any venue of archery talking about who set their bow up...you might hear what tricks they did on their own bows though.
                              Elite has really helped dealers with better bows out of the box.
                              I worked at a shop who has a large selection and trust me none were any better for tune when you open the box.
                              Your local shop should be able to set you up too. If you know enough to not like it, then really you should learn a little more and do it your selfs. Reason I started..JMO.
                              I know for a fact the money you get for tune and set ups wont keep a shop a float. they need to sell bows and accessory's. And you cant ask a shop willing to spend money stocking bows to stop or come to a class before your allowed to sell them.
                              No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Working...
                              X