Bow Master bow press

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Master bow press

Just got one today, a little nervous about cranking it down. Anything I need to be aware of before I start to tackle my Pulse. I know the short BH bows need to protect the string stop to prevent scratching.

Anything else?
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

I make sure i use pieces of leather in the limb V area. i also like using a ratchet to turn the bolt better. make sure you put it in the limbs so that the "nut" area is not hitting the cable slide. befroe it gets to compressing RE-CHECK to make sure both end T's are where you want them, down in the V and also RE-CHECK the brass catch to make sure it is seated good back in the T head (the adjusting side) and not close to the hole still.
    Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

Yep, what he said. Plus, if I I ever use the bowmaster without the limb adapters, I will always make sure I back off the limb bolts a couple of turns, just to put a little less stress on the limbs.
      Smile!

Comment

Thanks guys, I just went for it and it worked like a charm.
        LH Energy 35
        LH GT500
        LH Judge

Comment

yeah, it's a great product.. i use mine at least one a week.
          Judge Snow/Black
          GT500 Black/Max1
          GT500 Black/AP
          GT500 AP/Black EFX

Comment

Yes it is. Going to try to get my GT500 with some more letoff and a better valley after work.
            LH Energy 35
            LH GT500
            LH Judge

Comment

I always take the string stop out to avoid scratching it and also to pull straight.
              08 GTO Ninja
              08.5 XLR Snow Camo A/T (currently)
              Hoyt Gamemaster
              Mathews Rival Pro
              New Breed Horizon
              New Breed Eclipse

"Don't out smart your common sense"

Comment

is it possible to put the T in the V of the limb on the hunter as well (shorter ATA than pulse) or do i have to use the limb adapters

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D View Post
                  I always take the string stop out to avoid scratching it and also to pull straight.
                  Good idea.

Comment

Had never had an issue with mine.... until it failed when pressing my XLR. It was only a 60# XLR and I had not yet got it to the point of the cables and strings getting relaxed. When it went there was the loudest bang I had heard for a long while, and 2 pieces of the small metal bit clamped on to the cable went past my face and hit the back wall of the garage. The bit the T-piece sits against had simply failed and only stopped when they hit the wall.

The press was only a few weeks old and my dealer was great about replacing it without question. However they did not replace the pants I soiled....

Fortunately the bow was not fully pressed, and the next metal collar held. Inspection of the XLR showed it was still fine, but it could have been a lot worse.

I don't trust mine now though I still have the replacement. I think if it gets used it will be with a limb adaptor from now on, as I think the pressure is less. I would only use it as a last resort as I have a last chance EZ-press which is beautiful and restful, but a lot of extra dollars. However for most work I just feel so much more in control.

For the price they are great, but this has shaken my confidence in them
                    '09 Ninja XLR 28.25" 57#, Fuse 30" Blade and 12" Blade side rod.
                    '07 Synergy 28.25".
                    '06 Energy with Rev Cam.

Comment

Wondering if anyone has ever used to change limbs and if so any pointers?
                      Elite Archery... - Limbdriven... - Gold Tips... - Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts...

Comment

Originally posted by DJudge View Post
                        Wondering if anyone has ever used to change limbs and if so any pointers?
                        Before you start you need to turn the lead screw almost all the way through the nut until it has just enough thread left to compress the bow and get the string/cables off, that way you'll have enough thread back the other way to get the limbs all the way to a fully relaxed state. I have used it many times to do this, also might want to spray a little white grease on the lead screw before you get started just to make a little easier on yourself.

Comment

Good advice doubled. I learned that one the hard way myself. Backed all the way out and still tension in the limbs

Comment

WOW!!So using that method I could tear down my Z28??I didnt know that
                            First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns and bows....Next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants

Comment

I still use my bowmaster for some things, but have a lot more respect for it. Last fall I started pressing a bow and the nut must have slipped over the rivets in the clamp before I got completely taught. Unfortunately, instead of sliding through the hole, it just held until I took a string off and started working.... that's precisely when it blew open and tried to take my ring finger. Thankfully, it hit my wedding ring... +1 for being married!

Comment

Working...
                              X