Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

I currently shoot a Mathews Switchback XT. I have had it since Mathews first introduced it. Needless to say I love it and it has seen a lot blood. I am currently wanting to purchase a new bow. I am a Mathews man by heart. I have owned an FX, Q2 and Outback. I am debating on either the new Helim or Monster MR8. I am not getting rid of my Switchback, I guess I'm just in the mood for a new toy. I do shoot 4d competitions just for recreation. I was just wondering if any one could help decide between the Helim or the Monster

And you're asking this on the elite forum......

Comment

I was the same way when the MR6 and Z7 Magnum came out. I had it in my head I was going to get one or the other before I ever shot them. Ended up with the Magnum after shooting only 2 bows because I was so brand biased. I was an idiot and cheated myself out of getting what I really wanted in a bow. I stumbled on an Elite Pulse shortly after getting the magnum and just couldn't like my Mathews after that. No comparison, heck I didn't even know what a backwall was when I shot Mathews. Sold it as soon as deer season ended and started shooting lots of bows(with an open mind) to find the one for me, including Hoyts which as a former Mathews fanboy I would have never done before. Guess what, I liked them better than the Mathews which was tough to admit at first. However the Elite Answer was the one that I just couldn't put down, so that's what I ordered. Try to put brand biased opinions aside and go shoot everything you can get your hands on and really dissect the draw/hold/shot cycle of each. I think if you can make yourself do that you'll be happier in the long run.

Comment

Asking what Mathews bow to shoot on another forum is like going to Burger King & asking what to order on a pizza...just saying

Rev'd e500-Yeti built
        Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
        : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
        Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

Comment

Yep Mathews has there own forum as well, nice first post and welcome to EAF .
          08 GTO Reverse AT

Comment

MR8 would be my choice. Helim is to **** short. But the Elite Answer in my opinion is a better choice all around. Check one out.
            No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Buy an Elite.......... I tried one and sold my Switchback right away. they are that good!!!

At least try one

Comment

Kentucky-31 welcome to the Elite forum. Pay no attention to some of the previous responses. Some guys get their panties in a wad when someone whispers the name of Another bow manufacturer. What they were so impolitely trying to say is that this is the Elite forum for discussions on Elite bows. Do a search on the web and you will be able to locate the Mathews forum. If you have a chance to shoot an Elite and compare it to the Mathews you will probably like the Elite a little more. Good luck in whatever bow you choose.
                08 GTO Ninja
                08.5 XLR Snow Camo A/T (currently)
                Hoyt Gamemaster
                Mathews Rival Pro
                New Breed Horizon
                New Breed Eclipse

"Don't out smart your common sense"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D View Post
                  Kentucky-31 welcome to the Elite forum. Pay no attention to some of the previous responses. Some guys get their panties in a wad when someone whispers the name of Another bow manufacturer. What they were so impolitely trying to say is that this is the Elite forum for discussions on Elite bows. Do a search on the web and you will be able to locate the Mathews forum. If you have a chance to shoot an Elite and compare it to the Mathews you will probably like the Elite a little more. Good luck in whatever bow you choose.
                  Mine are wadded up from this dumb chair I set in. Maybe I should go out and shoot or walk around or something. lol.
                  No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Only way to really determine which is better for you is to find a dealer where you can shoot both and decide for yourself. What's better for one person isn't always better for another.
                    Hoyt Vector Turbo
                    Hoyt X-Tec

Comment

the challenge is the switchback xt was one of the best bows mathews ever made. most of my friends will not upgrade to a new mathews because for them it's a lateral move at best. That said, if your keeping your switchback, go for the monster. personally i think they are great bow.
                      Judge Snow/Black
                      GT500 Black/Max1
                      GT500 Black/AP
                      GT500 AP/Black EFX

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                        Mine are wadded up from this dumb chair I set in. Maybe I should go out and shoot or walk around or something. lol.
                        Mine haven't had a chance to get bunched up today! I'm short handed so i have been having to hoof it today! Only time I have set down was for break and now lunch aka nap time! Lol
                        08 GTO Ninja
                        08.5 XLR Snow Camo A/T (currently)
                        Hoyt Gamemaster
                        Mathews Rival Pro
                        New Breed Horizon
                        New Breed Eclipse

"Don't out smart your common sense"

Comment

Just for the record my panties aren't in a wad. I don't care what brand of bow one shoots. My point is if you want the answer you're looking for you may want to ask the question in an atmosphere that the subject truly applies. You don't go to a heart doctor for a broken toe...that's my point

Rev'd e500-Yeti built
                          Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
                          : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
                          Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

Comment

Originally posted by kydirtbag View Post
                            Just for the record my panties aren't in a wad. I don't care what brand of bow one shoots. My point is if you want the answer you're looking for you may want to ask the question in an atmosphere that the subject truly applies. You don't go to a heart doctor for a broken toe...that's my point

Rev'd e500-Yeti built
                            I greatly apologize for posting on YOUR forum page. Was looking for some advice from people who weren't Mathews fans but might know a little bit about other bows than the ones they own. Won't ask again. Thanks to all of u who have me in bias reviews.

Comment

Gave me un bias reviews". Sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X