Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgusted with Elite Archery Respect the Game show.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusted with Elite Archery Respect the Game show.

Just got done watching Elites hunting show and in the show I watched, they tracked a mountain lion with dogs and then shot the mountain lion out of a tree. So Ya Im disgusted with how that turned out. Kind of a BS way to hunt something when its for sport. I mean cmon. The dogs do the work. The Cat goes in the tree and they shoot it. How can that be exciting. Just the whole thing about it turned me off. Just not sport in it if you ask me. Plus, I dont really agree with shooting wild cats, like the mountain lion, where there doesnt seem to be huge populations of them. I guess most of the animals they shoot on these hunting shows are in high abundance, so it doesnt bother me. But I think it was the lameness of the hunt and how they did it. It was almost as bad as a show I saw where these two guys were walking a fire road that was higher in elevation than the swamp they were watching for gators in. The gators were all over the place sunning themselves and these two guys just found the biggest one and shot it with a high powered rifle. Big F...ing deal I said to myself....Where is the sport in that. Retarded if you ask me. These guys were high fiveing like they just accomplished something of greatness.

So, ya this is my own opinion and thats just how I feel. Some of the hunting that take place is lame, just so someone can say theyve shot something most dont get to shoot. But its the way they do it, that just didnt seem very exciting and unfair I guess.
    2010.5 60# Z28 Real Tree
    Elite 7" Stabilizer
    HHA Slider sight
    G5 Expert 2 arrow rest
    Tree Limb Premium Quiver
    Harvest Time Arrows/Deer Crossing Archery Arrows
    Ramcat BH's

There are some accepted methods of hunting in other areas of the country I'm not in agreement with. But if it's legal and they aren't breaking any laws, it is what it is. I just won't watch it or read a story about it.

I think in some southern states the use of dogs to run deer is legal (I think). Ain't my cup of tea.

Comment

Broaden your horizons a bit.

Comment

have you ever coon hunted? same concept except in the daylight. And huntin coons is really fun! I saw a show where the dogs treed the lion and the hunter shot it with a pistol....I would never kill a big cat but being close enough to one to kill it with a pistol or a bow has got to be a rush.
        2014-Energy 35-70# RTX
        2012-Answer-60# AT Snow
        2006 -Rev'd E500-70# Spring E-Leaf

"Elite...You can't own just ONE"

Comment

Hunting Mt. Lions with hounds is common practice in the west, and probably just about anywhere else they're hunted. I have heard that people call them in, but i don't think the success rate is as high as hound hunting.
          2012 Answer 29/70
          2011 Pulse 29/70 a.k.a "Spitting Death" Too many other bows that are no longer relevant!

Comment

Have you ever hunted with hounds or people who run them? Not bashing your opinion as I didn't see show, just know there's probably a lot more in it than gets presented in a half hour segment. Most of the houndsmen I've known, or have been with are in it for the treeing, very rarely taking an animal. I'm in the East so it's black bear and coons. Do know one guy that does head out to Idaho though for cats. It's tough terrain and there often at higher elevation than their use to, so just keeping up and getting to the dogs if they succeed in treeing is difficult. As far as taking animals out there, I know the ranchers would like them all gone. I don't agree with that but if there are tags available, I hope the wildlife agency that issues is doing there homework.

Comment

You're gonna hate bear hunters around here then. I don't personally lke that way of hunting but who am I to judge them if it's legal.
              2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
              Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Ask the joggers and bicyclists who get chewed on by these over grown "kittens" what they think of them.
                2012 Answer 29/70
                2011 Pulse 29/70 a.k.a "Spitting Death" Too many other bows that are no longer relevant!

Comment

Originally posted by Cope View Post
                  Hunting Mt. Lions with hounds is common practice in the west, and probably just about anywhere else they're hunted. I have heard that people call them in , but i don't think the success rate is as high as hound hunting.
                  That would be cool if you want to become the hunted

Comment

I think for me it was the fact that it was a big cat and mountain lions just arent as abundant as other animals that are hunted. I have no problems shooting coons or anyone else that shoots them, same with the likes of Ferrel Hogs. These types of animals are out of control and need to be shot and killed. Ive watched that show on TV (dont recall the name) but these young kids from texas have their dogs track hogs, so they can kill them. Dont care two craps about the hog, but I do worry about the dogs getting hurt. I know they put those big collars on the dogs so the tusks from the hogs dont get them.
                    Anyway, there is alot of hunting that doesnt bother me, but I guess there is a little that does.
                    2010.5 60# Z28 Real Tree
                    Elite 7" Stabilizer
                    HHA Slider sight
                    G5 Expert 2 arrow rest
                    Tree Limb Premium Quiver
                    Ramcat BH's

Comment

Ya I guess if one attacked me, I would feel different. LOL I get everyones point.
                      2010.5 60# Z28 Real Tree
                      Elite 7" Stabilizer
                      HHA Slider sight
                      G5 Expert 2 arrow rest
                      Tree Limb Premium Quiver
                      Ramcat BH's

Comment

I'll have to ask the Fox Pro boys if they've got any calling. If it can be called they've killed it.
                        2012 Answer 29/70

Comment

Don't you have a PETA meeting to go to?
                          2012 Answer: Axcel Armortech HD, QAD HDX, Stokerized 10" Hunter, Stokerized SS1

Comment

i hate to respond to ignorant threads like this but here goes. have you ever trained a dog in your life? it takes hundreds of hours to get dogs to run and tree coons and lions. the places where lions are hunted are so rough the average hunter couldnt cut it. they have become a big problem in Oregon since they dont allow hound hunting. i bet you have never rabbit hunted with beagles or bird hunted with dogs or you wouldnt have made your unimformed comments. hunting with dogs and enjoying the chase is what all houndsman enjoy more than the harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by bonemonger View Post
                              i hate to respond to ignorant threads like this but here goes. have you ever trained a dog in your life? it takes hundreds of hours to get dogs to run and tree coons and lions. the places where lions are hunted are so rough the average hunter couldnt cut it. they have become a big problem in Oregon since they dont allow hound hunting. i bet you have never rabbit hunted with beagles or bird hunted with dogs or you wouldnt have made your unimformed comments. hunting with dogs and enjoying the chase is what all houndsman enjoy more than the harvest.
                              same here up in Washington, cats and bears are becoming more of a problem in my area!

Comment

Working...
                              X