X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Pro Staff...

Does anyone know how you get to be a member of the Elite Pro Staff? And when joining a Pro Staff for any bow company, do they usually make you buy a bow of theirs, or do they give you one to shoot? Inquiring minds want to know!

You have to contact the Pro staff coordinator and see if there are any openings where you are from. Usually if you ask your local archery shop's sales rep he can help you out with that. You then need to submit a resume and essay as to why you would like to represent Elite (or any company) and why they should sponsor you. In most cases unless you are the "Pro" of all "Pros", you will have to purchase a bow of your choice from the company, but at a hugely discounted price. Then at the end of the year keep them up to date with what you have accomplished through the year and what you have done to represent the Elite product line. You also may be required to attend and work at several outdoor shows, but also local outdoor events as well. It's a lot of fun. I have been doing it for 10 years and have met and become friends with an incredible bunch of people. It's not easy, it's not free, it's time consuming on your part, but greatly rewarding and an incredible experience.
    "Poor young grandson, there's nothin I can say - You'll have to learn, just like me and that's the hardest way. I wish that I knew all I know now - When I was Younger." Ron Wood/Rod Stewart - The Faces 1973

Comment

Groundskeeper hit the nail on the head. What one should also consider is that as Pro Staffer you represent the company, all the time. You are a walking, talking. shooting advertisement for the company and therefore should act accordingly. It is a job like any other, you work towards making the brand bigger, better and in the hands of more shooters. I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with some of the finest people in the industry, being a pro staffer for products i have used for many, many years and which i trust with every ounce in me.
      Elite Pro Staff - Winners Choice Pro Staff - Muzzy Pro Staff - Tightspot Pro Staff
      Professional Hunter & Guide - Outdoor Writer

Comment

Originally posted by groundskeeper View Post
        You have to contact the Pro staff coordinator and see if there are any openings where you are from. Usually if you ask your local archery shop's sales rep he can help you out with that. You then need to submit a resume and essay as to why you would like to represent Elite (or any company) and why they should sponsor you. In most cases unless you are the "Pro" of all "Pros", you will have to purchase a bow of your choice from the company, but at a hugely discounted price. Then at the end of the year keep them up to date with what you have accomplished through the year and what you have done to represent the Elite product line. You also may be required to attend and work at several outdoor shows, but also local outdoor events as well. It's a lot of fun. I have been doing it for 10 years and have met and become friends with an incredible bunch of people. It's not easy, it's not free, it's time consuming on your part, but greatly rewarding and an incredible experience.
        If only everyone understood this as well as you do!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

You could not have provided a better description or expectation. Very nice.
        Perfected Excellence

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post

Come on Joe, I understand this!
          Stage 1 Strings PS, Slick Trick PS, Gold Tip AS, Trophy Blend Scents PS, Bohning SS, CarboMask PS, Spot Hogg PS, Dead Center Archery PS, TightSpot PS, Team QAD, Tenzing FS, Swarovski Field Tech

Comment

Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
            Come on Joe, I understand this!
            I know you do Rick. That is why we love you!!!!
            Perfected Excellence

Comment

From the sounds of it, everyone on this forum is in someway shape or form, an Elite Prostaff Staffer. I love telling people what type of bow I have and showing it off. I think all of us do that when we are out shooting.
              2010.5 60# Z28 Real Tree
              Elite 7" Stabilizer
              HHA Slider sight
              G5 Expert 2 arrow rest
              Tree Limb Premium Quiver
              Harvest Time Arrows/Deer Crossing Archery Arrows
              Ramcat BH's

Comment

I know you do Rick. That is why we love you!!!!
                Awwww, thanks Joe!
                Stage 1 Strings PS, Slick Trick PS, Gold Tip AS, Trophy Blend Scents PS, Bohning SS, CarboMask PS, Spot Hogg PS, Dead Center Archery PS, TightSpot PS, Team QAD, Tenzing FS, Swarovski Field Tech

Comment

Originally posted by bgriff008 View Post
                  From the sounds of it, everyone on this forum is in someway shape or form, an Elite Prostaff Staffer. I love telling people what type of bow I have and showing it off. I think all of us do that when we are out shooting.
                  I know exactly what you are saying. I was at the outdoor range with my Pulse a couple of days ago and the guy next to me was shooting a Bowtech Insanity. He saw how fast my arrows were going toward the 60 yd target and asked what I was shooting. He had never heard of Elite, so I gave him the rundown. Seemed like he was impressed with Elites and unfortunately had never heard of them. That's what happens when the only dealer in town keeps the Elites hidden on a side shelf and has all of the Mathews, Hoyts & Bowtechs on main display. Sorry to get a little off topic, but I needed to vent.
                  2011 Pulse, AT/AP, 29.5"/72lbs
                  HHA DS-5519, QAD HDX, Stokerized 10" Hunter
                  GT Velocity XT arrows , G5 Magloc Compact Quiver

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. I have been very fortunate enuff through the past ten years to be a part of several pro and shooting staffs. I treat each opportunity I have been given very appreciatively and realize that it takes time and dedication to be a continued presence on those staffs. I am constantly amazed at how quickly people come and go because they think they are owedsomething from manufacturers. Truth be told, you're not owed anything. You put your time in and represent the company you are a part of in the best possible light and in doing that, never bash or degrade another company. Whenever I am asked about another companies product I always answer, "I think it is a good product, but let me show you some of the highlights of the product which I am lucky enough to represent." The other misconception that is out there is that you get everything for free. That simply is not the case. As I alluded to above, only if you are the "pro" of all "pros". I currently serve on 5 different pro staffs. I pay for all my products, but I do receive a great discount on those products. A few are at manufacturer cost and a few are a percentage off of msrp. I never quabble over this and think it is great to receive a cost break -period. Lastly, I think it important to truly believe in the product which you represent. Not just for today, but for me personally the staffs I am a part of, I was using those products before I was fortunate to "officially" represent them and I will continue to use those products long after I am no longer a staffer or can put in the time it takes to remain a staffer. Thanks again, Dale
                    Last edited by groundskeeper; 03-24-2012, 02:08 PM. Reason: typo
                    "Poor young grandson, there's nothin I can say - You'll have to learn, just like me and that's the hardest way. I wish that I knew all I know now - When I was Younger." Ron Wood/Rod Stewart - The Faces 1973

Comment

I agree with this

Comment

Sounds like work .
                        2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

Originally posted by thumper View Post
                          Sounds like work .
                          That's the point it is work and mostly unpaid. It can be enjoyable but you work too.

Comment

Originally posted by bgriff008 View Post
                            No they are proud of what they shoot/use.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A pro to me is one who earns something-anything for doing it. everyone else is a fan. Promoters dont always get paid some are just wanting to share their experiences with others.
                            Pro-staff has been diminished in recent years to fanboyism. If you pay for the product and promote it, its alright. but your no prostaff unless you earned it. People changing the meaning doesnt make it right. What are the pros being called now days that earn the money and equipment and sign contracts to shoot said equipment?
                            No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Pro-Staff or
                              Pro-Motional Staff
                              2 separate things in my book. ( the lined has grayed )
                              the "ProStaff" signatures on web forums seem misleading in my eye's, should read more like "I endorse/support the following products"
                              Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

Working...
                              X