Elite warranty service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowtech dually View Post
    Is a month in house reasonable ? I guess so !! Not going to win this argument.
    Hopefully when you get your bow back you will be as happy as cleggy is with his. I do know that the few times I have called cs I have been very happy. I have never sent a bow for repairs, but I have confidence that they will take care of me even if it's past 2 weeks.
    "Aim small miss small"

2013 Pure 70lb Blk/Max1 Limbs
    2012 Pure 70lb Blk/ 2013 Black AP Limbs

CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin sight
    Exxus Core, Exxus, SX-2, Silverhorn Releases
    Solids, DRT's, Deep six, axis and DCA Hunters 300
    Past Elites
    2008 XXL
    2010XLR
    2010 GT500
    2011 Pure AP
    2011 Pure Max1

Comment

Id of taken it back to the dealers and demand one that does not have factory flaws. The part that concerns me is the "call back a day or two later". I have hung onto my GT in part for the hunt guarantee. If they dont call back for a day or two and I need the guarantee to get a warranty bow in the mail THAT day......well.

Comment

Im in the same boat I sent my answer in on march 16 for the same issue, the strings and cables were getting shredded, I want the thing back so i can shoot it with the nice weather we are having sounds like i will have to wait awhile

Comment

If they tell you up front 2 weeks and you get the bow back in 2 weeks, or even 15 or 16 days, then there is no problem. If they tell you 2 weeks and it is more then 15 or 16 days, then they should call you with an explanation, or yes, I'd call it unreasonable. Is there room to improve? Of course there is, nothing is ever perfect!
          2008.5 XLR
          2010 Z28
          2011 Pure
          2011 Tour

Comment

The problem with the Answers was due to poor quality control, certainly no fault of the purchasers. For the most part these are brand new bows being returned for service, under those conditions I feel an extra effort should be made towards a quick turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtech dually View Post
              The problem with the Answers was due to poor quality control, certainly no fault of the purchasers. For the most part these are brand new bows being returned for service, under those conditions I feel an extra effort should be made towards a quick turn around.
              I agree with the QC issues not being the purchaser's fault. However, the limb issue was obvious. Why even leave the dealer with that bow? If I ordered a new bow and it had visual flaws, I would ask for another bow even if that meant waiting longer.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you are dealing directly with the manufacturer. How many mainstream bow manufacturers can you do that with? Obviously the situation sucks, but at least take comfort in knowing that the bow will come back perfect.

The good thing in all this is despite some early on problems, it seems that Elite turned it around since you don't hear of many issues on the bows shipping now. They are also correcting the bows that shipped with issues.
              Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

Comment

Just my thoughts here but your bow is going to the manufacture. If your car went back to the manufacture it may take sometime.
                Take it to your dealer and get it fixed. they should be able to help you out. Parts from Elite to the dealer might take up to a week but your bow would be fixed sooner.

I agree two weeks is a long wait but unfortunately even if they had the parts ready for when your bow shows it takes time for mail.
                I agree a bow waiting for repair after being there two weeks is hard to take. But if they are behind on others ahead of yours it is what it is. Hope you get it back soon.
                Probably should of inspected it good before purchasing it? Could of saved some head aches. JMO!

Another thing to consider is availability of parts. demand is high on the answers so it might be a first come first served thing. At least until the new wears off.
                Bad all the way around. Im sure they would like to get it back as fast as possible.
                No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

I don't think two weeks is unreasonable at all, in the past I've sent other bows into other companies and I'd say 4-6 weeks has been average, worse if it's summer/fall during peak shooting season.

What would concern me more is that Elite seems to have a history of bows getting sent out with issues that should have never left the shop. Look at all the repeating posts on cam lean, weak limbs that need swapping or replacing, shims wrong or needing to be adjusted to address the cam lean, limb finish problems, etc. Those are things that should easily be caught by anyone properly inspecting/tuning the bow properly before it leaves for a dealer. Maybe I'm just too picky I've been accused of it before more than once. I also believe part of it is archers as a whole are much better educated now than 5 years ago. You go to tournaments now and 10 years ago only a few knew the tricks to proper draw length, bow tune, cam lean, creep tuning, timing, tuning etc. and now it's all mainstream info. I see guys doing walk back/french tuning all the time at the range now, lots of guys are shooting proper (or close) draw lengths and are not massively over bow'd. You hear guys talking about cam lean, cam timing, etc. frequently now where before only those "in the know" messed with it. So perhaps manufacturers have not caught up to that level of expertise in the average archer yet either in their manufacturing/assembly quality control.

Yes by all accounts Elite goes above and beyond to fix these problems for owners which is better than a lot of the other companies so that's to be commended. However, the best customer service is never having to NEED it in the first place. You can say it's just a consequence of the solid limbs, cam design etc. or that it's just because you hear only negative things on the internet, but you don't hear of these issues being posted frequently about other companies making solid limb bows either which makes it sort of suspect in my mind.

Also Elite is to be commended on the fact that when you do send a bow back to them, by all accounts I've read/heard it comes back fixed and tuned perfectly the first time. So at least if there is a problem they are made aware of they fix it properly the first time. I've seen more than one bow go back to various companies and not come back properly fixed, or they fixed the problem (say replaced a limb/riser/etc.) but didn't bother to tune the bow before sending it back, they did the bare minimum.

Sadly other archery companies don't seem to do much better better ala the finish problems on the bowtech's, or hoyt's splintering limb fiasco. But at least those issues were not obvious when the bow left the manufacturer until the owner started shooting it.

Comment

You have some valid points....If it comes back properly fixed and shooting great I will forget the wait soon enough.
                    BD

QUOTE=Maybee-R;497747]Just my thoughts here but your bow is going to the manufacture. If your car went back to the manufacture it may take sometime.
                    Take it to your dealer and get it fixed. they should be able to help you out. Parts from Elite to the dealer might take up to a week but your bow would be fixed sooner.

I agree two weeks is a long wait but unfortunately even if they had the parts ready for when your bow shows it takes time for mail.
                    I agree a bow waiting for repair after being there two weeks is hard to take. But if they are behind on others ahead of yours it is what it is. Hope you get it back soon.
                    Probably should of inspected it good before purchasing it? Could of saved some head aches. JMO!

Another thing to consider is availability of parts. demand is high on the answers so it might be a first come first served thing. At least until the new wears off.
                    Bad all the way around. Im sure they would like to get it back as fast as possible.[/QUOTE]

Comment

sad situation. Good luck.
                      "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Elite has the best warranty in the industry but it sounds like their customer service is lacking. I emailed Kerrianne last week with a serial number to check to see if a z28 for sale on AT was a legitimate Elite Warranteed bow or a G5 leftover, which is what they told me to do and I have yet to get an answer. With all of the G5 leftovers in circulation now, it's hard to know which ones are Elite bows or G5 leftovers. Elite says that the consumer should email them with the serial number to assure warranty availability, but if they don't respond any better than this, its a waste of time. I know people talk about not needing a warranty but to read this thread there are several issues that arise with Elite bows and a warranty would be nice to have. Be careful before you buy any 2010 Elites, because it could be a G5 counterfeit. Its not just the z28 either, G5 has produced the pure, pulse and GT500's that are being sold on ebay under the pretence of having Elites transferrable warranty which is not true. There have been alot of Elite bows showing up for sale on AT lately and alot of them are 2010-11 models. If you are interested in one of them and want the Elite Warranty, you need to get the serial number and check with elite to verify warranty..

Comment

Originally posted by Huntowen View Post
                          Elite has the best warranty in the industry but it sounds like their customer service is lacking. I emailed Kerrianne last week with a serial number to check to see if a z28 for sale on AT was a legitimate Elite Warranteed bow or a G5 leftover, which is what they told me to do and I have yet to get an answer. With all of the G5 leftovers in circulation now, it's hard to know which ones are Elite bows or G5 leftovers. Elite says that the consumer should email them with the serial number to assure warranty availability, but if they don't respond any better than this, its a waste of time. I know people talk about not needing a warranty but to read this thread there are several issues that arise with Elite bows and a warranty would be nice to have. Be careful before you buy any 2010 Elites, because it could be a G5 counterfeit. Its not just the z28 either, G5 has produced the pure, pulse and GT500's that are being sold on ebay under the pretence of having Elites transferrable warranty which is not true. There have been alot of Elite bows showing up for sale on AT lately and alot of them are 2010-11 models. If you are interested in one of them and want the Elite Warranty, you need to get the serial number and check with elite to verify warranty..

Just curious how many times have you called or emailed them to investigate this situation?
                          Last edited by HORSEMOVER; 03-27-2012, 09:49 AM.
                          RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Comment

Get a press and draw board and you can do the swaps yourself. All you need to do is wait on new parts to come in then spend 20 minutes retuning your own.

Comment

apparently not enough

Originally posted by HORSEMOVER View Post
                              Just curious how many times have you called or emailed them to investigate this situation?
                              I have emailed and called them several times and I have talked to Maggie who is the Director of Communications as well as Kerrianne with Customer Service. The reason I have been dealing with Elite is because when I first read about the bows on ebay thread, it was full of posts from people with their opinion or their thoughts or their ideas as to how they thought Elite would handle the situation. Instead of putting stock into opinionated thoughts I decided that it would be best to hear it from the horses mouth. It is rediculous that the thread went on for as long as it has without Elite publically addressing the situation once and for all. They say that they are but they are sure dragging their feet for some reason.

Comment

Maybe they're tired of hearing from you????

Comment

Working...
                                X